Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

ZyuRanger 16 released

Post by Slowking »

Let us join Boi on his sneezing spree.

I really liked this episode. It's nice to see Bandora's plans becoming more threatening as time goes by, despite being just the 16th episode.

The Zyuranger were actually defenseless since they couldn't use their weapons at all, and it's not the case you see that often in sentai.

I liked the mecha fight and how they used the individual Guardian Beasts instead of forming DaiZyuJin - shows how it's not always "form the big mecha since it's stronger". The only complaint I have is that Boi did just the thinking instead of also attacking with Sabre Tiger himself.
I enjoyed how Isamu was impressed with the Guardian Beasts appearing, it broke the usual monotony of the part where they are summoned.

Bandora singing was amazing, as always.

The only weird thing I guess was when Boi stopped sneezing only once he grabbed onto the rock. If water solved the problem, then why did he keep sneezing during the time he was in the river?

Next episode:

Spoiler
Omg, another Zyuranger?! Baaza goes wild.
Behold the Emperor!
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: ZyuRanger 16 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Let's not forget the amazing effects of our new typesetter for ZyuRanger, Takumi05! The effects and new ZyuRanger logo are definitely quite something.

But back to the episode, looks like this episode is about making people sneeze. Haven't really seen any sneezing episode except for that one in DekaRanger (if you watched DekaRanger, then you'd probably remember).
Duskmon897
Quote: Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Post by Duskmon897 »

Wait, you mean the gold powder doesn't turn people into cardboard cut-outs?

I love how single minded the heroes can be in these old shows,
"Someone is causing elementary school kids to sneeze uncontrollably, it must be Bandora!"
Or, it could be some serial prankster. Ever consider that Geki?
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

More Zyuranger? Huzzah! If the record stands, before the week is up there will be twenty or twenty-one episodes of Zyuranger completed by TVNihon, oh the agony of waiting. *faints*
evel333
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTP Architect

Post by evel333 »

Gotta love the saran wrap ice SFX. That's the sentai I remember.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

How did Boi know the kid's name?

Not only did nobody tell Boi, nor did he overhear it, it wasn't even established. As far as the audience knew, the kid's name was Randy Butternubs.

I guess it's possible that he already knew the kid before the episode, but if that was the case, why didn't he call him by name when he first caught him in the act kicking the balls?

It's just a show, I know. But it's a pretty sloppy little plot hole.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Boy, the zyuurangers are JERKS! i mean, even if you don't mean it maliciously, you shouldn't just say "this is the worst thing i ever tasted...and i ate a carrot!"

...so... an adult man silently reach a littl boy when he is alone...and then points to his legs...and gives the boy a "golden ball".........you know, i'm kinda glad it was a bandora monster, otherwise i would be creeped out...

Also, the kid in this episode is a complete jerk. Yeah, yeah, maybe his "friends"(and i use that word loosely) could have reacted a little better. but the kid is a complete asshole with everyone around him. At least the kid from the "things trapped in bottle" episode had the excuse of being kind of an idiot.

Also, shouldn't their helmets protect them from the powder?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

The graffiti in the background at 10:20 says pussy. XD

This episode felt like it took forever to end. I guess I'm not a fan of just how much this sentai is a kid's show.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Props to the writers for not bringing out Daizyujin to to finish off the battle and actually letting the individuals kill it off. I think this is the first monster not to be based off a myth, infact Dora Endos seems to fit in more with the Evoliens from Abaranger, since it's two things combined.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”