Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

ZyuRanger 19 released

Post by Slowking »

I loved the scene with the two kids at the beginning. For Geki it's like scratching a wound, but it was a nice way of using children, this show's favourites, to amplify the drama and highlight Geki's sorrow.

The dinosaur eggs plot was the first real "arc" or mini-arc in Zyuranger; it's nice to see that they didn't forget about them and have mingled that plot into this DragonRanger arc. Consistency is always key to a good show. I loved the flashback and narration relating to the dinosaur eggs.

Rami's boulder causing chaos was enjoyable to watch. Loved how Dan mistook her for a Dora Monster. Funny how Griffozer reacts to Rami.

Yay, Bandora's song once again! And... Bandora has a telephone?!

Mei's arrow wins.

Bandora now has everything for her plan. What's happening in three days though?

As the episode ends just like how it began, with the two brothers, there is a positive tone and even some room for optimism. Will Geki ever get on well with Burai?

Next time:

Spoiler
DaiZyuJin, the proud god mecha, appears to be beaten!
Behold the Emperor!
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: ZyuRanger 19 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Those kids really aren't great at acting, honestly.

But in all terms, the idea of Geki's painful relationship with his brother was something that was amplified quite well with two other brothers that protect each other.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

For all her seeming insanity, Bandora is dangerously competent.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

You have to love how in this shows parents are never around when one of their kids is unconscious and the other is kidnapped. nor seem to know of the eggs they found.

Anyway, i have to say, so far, i keep preffering the green ranger arc to this one, after all, it didn't have kids in every single episode because it's a kids show and it has to have a kid in every damn episode. Also, this episodes feel more like filler than part of the actual arc.
but burai just standing there while bandora was singing was amusing, i bet he was thinking something like "It's just until you kill the zyuus, it's just until you kill the zyuus, then you can kill this guys, but not before you kill the zyus, it's just until you kill the zyus".

So...how did exactly our monkey friend managed to get the girl? is he a funny guy to have around, even tough he can't talk? did he used to talk? is he good at......you know...that thing couples enjoy doing.........i can't believe i'm seriously asking this...
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Kaijin chicks dig gold armor.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

locuas wrote:So...how did exactly our monkey friend managed to get the girl? is he a funny guy to have around, even tough he can't talk? did he used to talk? is he good at......you know...that thing couples enjoy doing.........i can't believe i'm seriously asking this...
Well, it seems she didn't even know her husband was out of the can until his boss called her up, so here's my theory...

He saved her life somehow as a little girl, so she became infatuated with him and followed him around annoying him while trying to help. The she grew up and got hot and, in a horny, drunken stupor, he took her as his wife, then spent the rest of their marriage alternating between regreting and making the best of it, wink wink, nudge nudge, get my meaning?
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Nice seeing them incorporate the egg thread with Dragonranger Arc, kinda something that's missing from more current sentai. Also giving the villains more character by having one of them married was a nice touch.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”