Congratulations, you noticed something is different. Licensed before completion
Forum rules
Wiki Link
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

ZyuRanger 21 Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/ZyuRanger_21

So we get to see Burai play the ZyuSouKen for half the episode to control Dragon Caesar to destroy the city. Lovely. I really wonder what is the mortality rate in the world of Sentai each year.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: ZyuRanger 21 Released

Post by Slowking »

That's how violent older shows used to be. And this is probably one of the most famous examples in the fandom.

Godzilla's Big Rampage... err I mean Dragon Caesar's.

A pretty nice continuation to the Burai arc. The ZyuRanger are defenseless without their Guardian Beasts. I like how they are made to look defenseless, it justifies why Bandora's plan had to get rid of DaiZyuJin (which is what protects them, as in ep18).

Bandora sure loves those parties. Really nice to see the main villain do some fighting - I liked the "broom" trick, considering she's a witch. Also the fire breathing.

What would you do if you only knew you had 30 hours to live unless in that room? Would you stay in the room to be able to live forever without dying? Would that actually be considered a life? Or would you live the 30 hours you had to the fullest? I really enjoy these concepts and dilemmas Sugimura is introducing into the writing in ZyuRanger.

So, Griffozer and Rami are fighting Dragon Caesar... just for the sake of deciding who will take over the Earth... and the ZyuRanger are unable to stop them. At least Geki realises that he was wrong, and that DaiZyuJin's defeat (which I remind you, took a 3 vs. 1 during a weakened state due to the eclipse for DaiZyuJin) could have been avoided if not for his hesitation. What can the ZyuRanger do? Can Barza revive the Guardian Beasts?

Preview:

Spoiler
Finally, the Guardian Beasts seem to be back. I've missed them already. And of course... the climactic battle continues, with Geki vs. Burai!
Behold the Emperor!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh honey, what were you thinking? That patio furniture totally clashes with the fog and the ancient stone carvings. Niiiightmare~ We've got to get you down to see my designer, he'll set you up with some fabulous swatches so you can finally get out of the Cretaceous.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Slowking wrote:What would you do if you only knew you had 30 hours to live unless in that room? Would you stay in the room to be able to live forever without dying? Would that actually be considered a life? Or would you live the 30 hours you had to the fullest?
Hello, Netflix? I'll take your streaming media plan and the unlimited DVD plan with BluRay rider. I feel the need for a Walking Dead marathon.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

I have always wondered, ever since watching season one of MMPR as a kid, how Burai can play the ZyuSouKen with his helmet on? I mean, his mouth is covered up. How can he blow into a musical instrument?

I know...details, details!

Overall, good episode. If I was watching this in first run without any idea what would happen, I would be in suspense.

Well...

Spoiler
At least until the preview when, for some reason, they totally reveal what's going to happen next episode by showing Gouryuujin. Sentai has always been really bad about preview spoilers, haven't they?
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Been waiting for this one. It is without a doubt my favorite moment in all of toku. Dragon Ceaser is just so freaking badass, and as was already pointed out probably has the highest body count of any Sentai mecha just due to this episode. Eagerly awaiting the rest of the series (I've only seen up to episode 28) and the awesomeness it will bring.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

So the one part I'm confused on is did going inside the room of eternal time shorten Burai's lifespan to 30 hours or did he had something that the spirit figured out that Burai had only 30 hours to live. It seem weird that Burai didn't question why he had 30 hours left to begin with.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

By the time the spirit got him into that room, he had around 30 hours left, due to all of the running around he did prior to this.I think, on a certain level, Burai knew his life was limited and why, but for the longest time didn't care since all he cared about was revenge.
warote55
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by warote55 »

So there will no more New super sentai
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »