Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

ZyuRanger 22 released

Post by Slowking »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/ZyuRanger_22

And this is the conclusion to this arc.

The scene with the ZyuRanger running towards the Guardian Beasts, shouting their names, is adorable (also the opposite of the scene at the end of 20 when the Guardian Beasts were disappearing). 22 episodes in and the Guardian Beasts certainly feel distinct characters full of life, even if they do not talk.

The healing in the magma does make sense, considering DaiZyuJin's energy source are Gaiatrons from the Sun, but last time it seemed as if DaiZyuJin was beaten down and just disappeared in the ground. Unless somehow DaiZyuJin came up with the magma healing plan at the last minute.

The parallel fight between men and beasts, ZyuRanger and Guardian Beasts, i.e. that of Geki vs. Burai and Tyrannosaurus vs. Dragon Caesar was awesome. Some treasure scenes with Burai using his ZyuSouKen to activate his Dragon Shield and Geki throwing his Ryuugekiken.

The henshin and roll call was amazing too, and remains one of my favourite sentai roll calls.

GouRyuJin? Usually new items/formations appear when they are in a pinch, so this refreshing for a change.

Who are you Clotho? You honestly have to feel for Burai. Just over a day to live, he's forced to stay in a room to prevent his time being eaten up and he has to deal with Clotho whom he doesn't really know.

Preview:
Spoiler
Mei, I love, love, love you!
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: ZyuRanger 22 released

Post by takenoko »

Gaiatrons, what a totally hippy thing to make up. Just what you'd expect from Japan. Captain Planet was in 1990, probably a total ripoff of that XD
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Gaia comes from the classical greek word γαῖα, which means earth. You also have Mother Goddess Γαῖα.

So it's kind of neat that 1) DaiZyuJin's power source are Gaiatrons, something natural and 2) DaiZyuJin heals deep in the earth (although in magma).

Probably though they just got the idea of Gaia from Captain Planet, as you said. XD
Behold the Emperor!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Slowking wrote:GouRyuJin? Usually new items/formations appear when they are in a pinch, so this refreshing for a change.
Heh, I totally thought "blatant toy CM" when that came up. I mean, it's not as bad as Mmpr's take on the scene (there's certainly more emotional pull in Zyu's case) but, it's still pretty odd either way.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yay. I love Green with Evil Burais arc!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Gaiatrons sound like a lost race of Transformers than a particle. Now Burai finally questions why he has only 25 hours left to live. I have a feeling we never going to get an answer why Burai has a very short lifespan.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Man, that fairy is a dick

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”