Wiki Link
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: ZyuRanger to be released on DVD in US by Shout! Factory

Post by Xirix »

I really hope you continue to do the series, you're only about halfway and I was really looking forward to seeing Zyuranger with the TV-Nihon treatment. (Haven't watched any, I tend to watch my sentai when it's all available)
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

They won't. They really should've pulled it already.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I say keep subtitling them til we have a firm release date on Zyuranger. Pull it once that's announced. Because it's probably gonna be a few more months til we get more info on it. If you can get out a few more eps. Might as well.
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

The only thing that bugs me about this is Shout calling the series "Super Sentai Zyuranger" instead of something like "Dinosaur Sentai Zyuranger". other than that i can only hope for decent translations.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

One article lists it as Dinosaur Squadron JurrassicRanger, you just have to hope you dont get that
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Aw, why not? That actually sounds kinda awesome. :lol:
DekaChief
IXA
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by DekaChief »

Here's a little bit more info on the release. Pretty much that new info says the set will be subbed only and that right now ZyuRanger is the only release planned as they only have the rights for that show.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty ... lans/20107

So if people want more Sentai on DVD then they need to support the ZyuRanger set.
Spoiler
Peek a boo, Chuck Norris sees you! *roundhouse kick into oblivion*
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

JujinSan wrote:The only thing that bugs me about this is Shout calling the series "Super Sentai Zyuranger" instead of something like "Dinosaur Sentai Zyuranger". other than that i can only hope for decent translations.
There's no final name till we see the the DVD cover. My guess like how they did it with JPN transformers. They will make each main big title have Super Sentai for series identification. On the bottom Zyuranger for season identification. Just like they did with Transformers. And probably put the SS Series logo and original Zyuranger logo on the corners. It be interesting if they use some of the promotion photos from the JPN DVD's for ours.
Shanneene
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
My boom: hitop sneakers

Post by Shanneene »

Food for thought:

Not only have the big companies been going after the direct links and torrents to some videos, but they have also started their attack on fansubbers themselves, and demanding that fansubs be removed, even going as far as to 'lay copyright claims' against subtitles in the srt format. Which I think is absolute BS, seeing as subtitles are the work of subbers, not of any company. And most fansubbers sub dramas and shows way before those companies even get the license to broadcast the shows. And some of those companies do a crap job at subbing anyway. I've bought legit dvds from America for both anime and drama, and some of the subs left me with a rage face on, because they were terrible. Also, be on the lookout for these shady companies. Sometimes, if they can't get a subbing job done properly, they will actually steal srt subs from fansubbers and use those. I know this, because again, one dvd I bought from America and the company obviously had whizzed through the editing process of the subs, and forgot to edit out that one huge mistake, which had 'Get this for free at daddicts.com'. It's funny (yes, that was sarcasm, this actually infuriates me to no end) how they can claim copyright on YOUR subs, but they feel like it's okay to steal yours. AND, fansubbers do this for fun, whereas those lowdown little toerags do it for profit. So yeah. Keep a tab on your subs, and if any of those companies release anything even remotely similar to what your subs say, take those SOB's for all they got. :twisted:
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I seriously doubt a fansub group would have any ground to stand on for suing a licensed company over that kind of thing.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Teeeeechnically actually we would. While we don't own the series itself, the translation scripts are a derivative work and thus our intellectual property and if we can prove they were plagiarized for monetary gain we could sue.
TheGreenRaptor
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Gokaiger!
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (Dekaranger)
Favorite Actor?: Ryota Ozawa
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: What do they know about Power Rangers in Japan? - Connor (Power Rangers Dino Thunder)

Post by TheGreenRaptor »

As long as the subs are excellent, the names remain Japanese like Daizyujin, AND NO CENSORING! I will be just fine
I am currently addicted to: Super Sentai
Last Addiction: Jurassic Park
Before that: Star Wars

TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

ZyuRanger

Post by TBustah! »

I really hope Shout doesn't screw up the translation.

I don't mind buying the DVDs (it's just one less series I have to worry about burning), but a lot of people seem to think that they're going to take a lot of liberties with the translation in an attempt to make it appeal more to the masses.
ChibiZyuJin
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: ZyuRanger 25 released

Post by ChibiZyuJin »

Can DMCA sue you without giving you a warning and tell you to pull the content?
If not, wait till they warn you.
I don't actually know how they work, but the "copyright protectors" I know of usually don't care about, low profile, low profit products.

The thing with this DMCA is; I can rip DVD's, I can sub it and I can release it and they can't do anything to me because Zyuranger will not be licensed in my country and what I'm doing is practically not illegal.
SuperSentaifan4ever
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever »

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty ... lans/20107 This was just announced And Brian is going to sites like Ranger Crew to ask how the subtitles should be handled So I don't understand why everybody is getting all bent out of shape.

A good portion of the fandom is pissed because "OMG, they didn't pick anything that wasn't used before Power Rangers" or "They didn't give us Gokaiger!" Everybody here needs to understand that Shout! Factory is just testing the waters with this just to see if this is what we want. So we need to do our part by buying this when it does eventually come out so that we can show Brian Ward and the rest of the folks over at Shout! Factory that we want to have the rest of the seasons that were used for Power Rangers legally on DVD.

Another group has already taken down their Zyuranger subs so it would make sense for TV Nihon to do the same since Shout! Factory now owns the license to Zyuranger so that both fan subbing groups can encourage people to buy the official release when it's released. Also, you can buy any of Shout! Factory's releases on Amazon here in America even though you live in a different country and have it imported if you own a region 1 DVD player.

Let's just wait and see how the subtitles are handled when this project is finished eventually before jumping to assumptions and conclusions!

This is our only chance to own the Super Sentai seasons that were used for the Power Rangers franchise legally on DVD, so don't piss this once in a lifetime chance away!

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”