2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: ZyuRanger 04 released

Post by Ruecian »

DrowningFishy wrote:
Spoiler
OMG they didn't turn to stone and they saved the mother and child :roll:

Okay, maybe I have just watched to much Toku and just become jaded. No, correct that, the kids in this series are just so fracking annoying I want to join Bandora (sp?) and the rangers dress so horribily it looks like they raided Elton Johns closet. Yes, I am taking in consideration the time period Zyuranger takes place.

Still no matter how much I pick and poke this still is better then what America can turn out. Man, I feel so ol' thinking this aired when I was a kid, and not the little of a brat either.
You know you don't have to constantly bash the American version, it's pretty unfair as there have been some really good American adaptations of Sentai. This is like the third or fourth post I've seen doing it when you talk about Zyuranger.

As for the episode, very enjoyable. Everyone likes a giant cannon.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

I only do that because Power Rangers was what released in 1993 that was ooo 18 year ago. I was a ten year old brat, you realize how many times I watched that show? Mighty Morphen Power Rangers isn't the evil one to be honest, it's the continuation series that were really that killed it as they got steadily worse. I am enjoying watching ZyuRanger and in the back of my mind remembering Power Rangers. Yes, they are not the same, but they both come from the same tree and are bound to get compaired.
Adamant
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Adamant »

Just a question, but shouldn't トリケランス be "Trice Lance" rather than "Tricera Lance"? Where did the extra "ra" come from?
Ruecian
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery

Post by Ruecian »

DrowningFishy wrote:I only do that because Power Rangers was what released in 1993 that was ooo 18 year ago. I was a ten year old brat, you realize how many times I watched that show? Mighty Morphen Power Rangers isn't the evil one to be honest, it's the continuation series that were really that killed it as they got steadily worse. I am enjoying watching ZyuRanger and in the back of my mind remembering Power Rangers. Yes, they are not the same, but they both come from the same tree and are bound to get compaired.

I think you missed the entire point of my post. American adaptations only really started going downhill once Disney had the rights and moved production to New Zealand. If anything, they got much better after MMPR, if only for awhile. If you don't want to/haven't seen most of them then I recommend checking out Linkara's History of Power Rangers. It's a pretty neat video series.
http://atopfourthwall.blogspot.com/search/label/HOPR
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Come on guys, don't argue about Power Rangers in this thread. I know people are going to be nostalgic or they're going to hate on the Power Rangers or whatever with this one, just kind of deal with it. Just make sure that the topic mainly focuses on actually being about ZyuRangers. Once it's completely off topic, it's time to drop it or move it to the Power Rangers forum
Joe10lo
Infinity

Post by Joe10lo »

Well I am thankful you guys are subbing this. This does take me back, and no i'm not talking about power rangers. I lived in korea when this was running on syndication when I was little and I'd watch it. I had no idea what they were saying but I'd watch it and now I get to enjoy the story now that it's translated thanks.
You know a rider kick is a wonderful thing. Its the only kick that solves all your problems and depending on the kick. problems with in a thirty mile radius behind person.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Joe10lo wrote:Well I am thankful you guys are subbing this. This does take me back, and no i'm not talking about power rangers. I lived in korea when this was running on syndication when I was little and I'd watch it. I had no idea what they were saying but I'd watch it and now I get to enjoy the story now that it's translated thanks.
MMM we do not get to see much classic sentai. Zyuranger from what i have seen seems to have some of the best baddies around. This is my first time, this is your second. But your first with translation so this must be a real treat for you.
Ash Rudel
Go Go!
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: W, Kabuto, Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Obachan said this... "My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.

Post by Ash Rudel »

Althought Zyu has some slow pacing, it is honeslty a nice refresher compared to current Sentai.
Plus there is just something bout 20ish year old sentai themes. :mrgreen:

Thought i admit i did lawl when Geki started talking to the weapons.
Adamant
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Adamant »

Ash Rudel wrote: Thought i admit i did lawl when Geki started talking to the weapons.
Hey, it's not like it didn't work.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm pretty sure its a Sentai thing being able to talk to inanimate objects.
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm pretty sure its a Sentai thing being able to talk to inanimate objects.
Although, I don't know how inanimate an object can be considered if it responds to your voice in such a way.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

JSoup wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:I'm pretty sure its a Sentai thing being able to talk to inanimate objects.
Although, I don't know how inanimate an object can be considered if it responds to your voice in such a way.
Talking to inanimate objects? You know most times people do that they are taken away by men in clean white coats.
Spoiler

Back on topic, it is true, Sentai have a habit of talking to inanimate objects. (Look how pashient red was in this ep) And a varaity of inanimate objects to. Well I guess it is better then talking to themselves >> << >>
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

takenoko wrote:Come on guys, don't argue about Power Rangers in this thread. I know people are going to be nostalgic or they're going to hate on the Power Rangers or whatever with this one, just kind of deal with it. Just make sure that the topic mainly focuses on actually being about ZyuRangers. Once it's completely off topic, it's time to drop it or move it to the Power Rangers forum
We have a power rangers forum?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

FangTrigger wrote:We have a power rangers forum?
http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=66
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

this does make me very nostalgic, but in finally watching this series in its undiluted and uncut form, I'm amazed at how much more sophisticated this series is when compared to its Americanized counterpart.

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”