Congratulations, you noticed something is different. Licensed before completion
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: ZyuRanger 05 Released

Post by Catastrophe »

JSoup wrote:Yeah, this is the second time these guardian spirit guys went all 'hold up, you need to learn something'. Maybe a series trend?
The thing is, I'd fully expect it if Geki was loosing, but up until then, it looked like he was winning the battle and Bandora forced him to grow to attempt to get the upper hand. I imagine that at least the Tyrannosaurus would stand a chance 1 vs 1 against a Dora Monster, so why not wait lol? I think sometimes that these older sentai struggle to force a 2 episode arc.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I guess the 3-4 minutes that older Sentai didn't have that the modern ones did really helps.
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

DereklBarona wrote:Every time I think Bandora and her gang couldn't be the most awesome older gen Sentai villains ever, they do something like have a dance party in the middle of Bandora Palace. I love these guys.

Also, I can't help but think Zyu would be considered almost blasphemous if it aired as a modern Sentai. I mean, five episodes in and still no full giant robot fight? Heresy! The toy companies wouldn't stand for it!
whoa! that is so cool though, delaying the appearance of the full giant robot? kick ass!! I'm definitely looking forward to this sucker!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's kind of standard amongst older sentai. Modern ones have the giant robot at episode 2 at the latest. 6 to 8 episodes in is about the norm for the older ones though.
Kaheraji
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kaheraji »

I wonder what happened to really shift the amount of time it took to get the giant robot. The slower pace allows it to seem like getting the mecha itself is a big deal that has to be earned, not given out with the powers.

I can't help but keep on re-watching the scene in Bandora Palace where she announces her reasoning for attacking children. It just goes to show that even though her crew is a rather goofy bunch, they are beyond evil.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I wonder what happened to really shift the amount of time it took to get the giant robot. The slower pace allows it to seem like getting the mecha itself is a big deal that has to be earned, not given out with the powers.
To sell more toys probably. I know it sounds lame, but its the most probable explanation. Back then it was almost unheard of to have multiple big robots that combined. Noawdays, we expect he first 'armament' type power up at the episode 5-6 mark.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

There are exceptions, though. Magiranger didn't get the Magiking till ep 7, I think. While Liveman got the LiveRobo during ep 2.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
JCLegendary
Adventure

Post by JCLegendary »

Those Riddles must have been murder to translate even remotely understandably.

I did find it odd that while Dora Sphinx was quizing Geki, he gave question 1, gave another question, then gave question 4 and question 5. And that has to be right, because he held up fife fingers on the last question. It actually looks like they had another question that got edited out before the episode aired, to save time or something.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah we noticed that in QC too. It's not a translation error, but a production error.
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

I'm really loving this series! The two parters are enjoyable and kinda annoying just because they make waiting so much more difficult. Can't wait until the next episode
Spoiler
Dai ZyuJin!!!
Bammargera2
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Bammargera2 »

OMG i have been looking for this forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a god among us mere mortals Please keep them coming!!!
Darthvegeta800
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva and Zyuranger
Dreamy: Misaki / Scorpina
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Doctor Doom
Quote: "Perfect Harmony!"

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

Sexy_RoboVoice wrote:
DereklBarona wrote:Every time I think Bandora and her gang couldn't be the most awesome older gen Sentai villains ever, they do something like have a dance party in the middle of Bandora Palace. I love these guys.

Also, I can't help but think Zyu would be considered almost blasphemous if it aired as a modern Sentai. I mean, five episodes in and still no full giant robot fight? Heresy! The toy companies wouldn't stand for it!
whoa! that is so cool though, delaying the appearance of the full giant robot? kick ass!! I'm definitely looking forward to this sucker!!

Yeah that was always a good thing. Some 'buildup' power-wise.
The Kamen Rider Kabuto: God Speed Love Prequel RPG
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KamenRiderKabutoRPG/

Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

i think its pretty awesome actually. sets it apart from the usual formula, I like it.

I just wish we didn't have to wait for the next set of eps to be released. this waiting is agony. :cry:
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

Just to add, some of the riddles were pretty hard to solve, largely because they rely on something being uniquely Japanese, and an understanding on the Japanese language. most of the answers are puns on various words or parts of words in the Japanese language that mean more than one thing.

I thought that stuff with the riddles was awesome actually, because it does give us that bit of insight into Japanese culture and the complexities of its language.
o1man
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
My boom: Ninja

Post by o1man »

Let me apologize now if this violates the "When will something be released" rule. I'm technically asking when, only if.
I've found a few elsewhere, (mostly you tube), but for quality, you guys are the best.

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”