Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

ZyuRanger 06 released

Post by takenoko »

Hey, what's up with Geki? Guess this is the introduction of DaiZyuJin.

I wasn't too sure about what Gasshin 合神 was in the early episodes, but apparently it's "combine with god". That would make sense since when the Guardian Beasts (Shugojyuu 守護獣) combine, DaiZyuJin 大獣神 means the "giant beast god".

http://ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp/toys/sent ... /jyu01.htm
If you look carefully you can see English words that represent their names. Like Tyrannosaurus has a giant T on his chest. M for Mammoth. T for Tricerotops as well as TRI and TP on the side. S _ _ _ R for Saber Tooth Tiger.

So the giant M's on his shoulders don't stand for Mighty Morphin'. Sorry!
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: ZyuRanger 06 released

Post by Slowking »

Thanks for the episode, you are superb!
Yeah, gasshin means "fusion with god", basically you can conceive it as sort of "activating" the Shugozyu.

As far as the episode is concerned, I love how everything takes its time to happen, power ups and character development. Geki was great in this episode too.

Thanks again!
Behold the Emperor!
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Goushi's mouldering corpse was inexplicably graphic. Everyone else is a nice shiny skeleton, but he's got rotting flesh on his bones still. It was startling, to say the least.

And Geki seems a little... dumb. Like, he's not drooling on himself or anything, but maybe Guardian Beast Tyrannosaurus should hire a sitter?

Why were the dinocrystals in that exact gravel pit? :psyduck:
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Personally, I dislike this episode. I mean, I know toku is basically a toy CM but I don't need talking robots to blatantly go "Combine us, combine us!!"

Maybe it's because I feel like DaiRanger did it 50 times better but, I can't get myself to like this one.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

Ah... This bring back memories... But the one that I've watch was the Mighty Morphin version. Now, this one took 6 episodes to finally introduce the DaiZyuJin. Griffozer and Dora Sphinx looks like they got blood related, LOL... Dora Sphinx reminds me of a ghost sphinx in Ghost Buster, with same methods - riddles.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

I like that the sphinx actually uses riddles. When I saw it with the power rangers I thought it was a mere monster looking like the egyption monument with no more depth then just being the monster of the week. (sorry couldn't help to compare) The introduction of DaiZyuJin in the sand is nicely done.

6 episodes in and only 3 stories. It seems as ZyuRanger has 2 episodes story arcs. A bit unusual for a sentai series. Not unheard of, but not common either. Or did Dairanger and Megaranger this as well? Can't really remember.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Hyperwire
Gao
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Favorite Band: Sum 41
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: too many to count
Quote: Busy with my W Fan Fiction and Den-O song.

Post by Hyperwire »

I still want a DaiZyuJin (but I'd settle for an original MMPR megazord)....
Just a Kamen Rider in training, Remember that!
Sexy_RoboVoice
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Favorite Actor?: Johnny Depp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu
Quote: 'If you can't learn to love yourself... how the hell are you gonna love anybody else?' - RuPaul Charles

Post by Sexy_RoboVoice »

awesome, a new Zyuranger release the day before my birthday, well done. Keep 'em coming guys! :)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I always have a wtf moment. When he goes back to dinotanker mode mid-fight and then goes back to robot mode. So, so random.
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Griffozer going and lying down in his giant form was easily one of the funniest things I've ever seen in Sentai, period. I absolutely love how just completely random and funny the Bandora forces can be even while still being the villains.
swb90
Go Go!

Post by swb90 »

takenoko wrote:Hey, what's up with Geki? Guess this is the introduction of DaiZyuJin.

I wasn't too sure about what Gasshin 合神 was in the early episodes, but apparently it's "combine with god". That would make sense since when the Guardian Beasts (Shugojyuu 守護獣) combine, DaiZyuJin 大獣神 means the "giant beast god".

http://ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp/toys/sent ... /jyu01.htm
If you look carefully you can see English words that represent their names. Like Tyrannosaurus has a giant T on his chest. M for Mammoth. T for Tricerotops as well as TRI and TP on the side. S _ _ _ R for Saber Tooth Tiger.

So the giant M's on his shoulders don't stand for Mighty Morphin'. Sorry!
Well...those were easy to notice but what about the one for Pink? I can't exactly see a P for it =p
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

So God isn't some old white guy in a robe he's infact a giant city destroying robot made up of five prehistoric beasts, thanks Japan. Gotta love these older Sentai to actually take a break in the middle of Daizyuzin's first appearance to basically decide the battle with a riddle contest, I don't think they'd be able to get away with that in the newer series. Daizyuzin's a pretty nice design I can see why alot of the later series mech's incorporate aspects of it.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Sentai-Kyouryuu Sentai ZyuRanger”