HeartCatch Precure - Episode 12 Released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

Hooray, it's HeartCatch time! Sorry, take, but you can't keep me from my...
HeartCatch Precure!
Episode 12: Hearts a-flutter! The Great Proposal Plan!!
In which bridges gain magical powers, we buy into the most obvious plot twist of all time, and JUST AS PLANNED.

Episode Notes:
  • Okay, so we're debutting some typesetting changes this episode. We got some feedback that was basically "why are the Tact/Forte Wave effects so huge" so we cut them down a bit. They're now 85% size - it doesn't sound like much, but you have to remember with 2D that a 50% reduction is actually 4x smaller, etc. I think they look about right now, so any further feedback is always appreciated. <3

So, let's explain preserved flowers. There's not really any good English resource for them, but you can read all about them over at the Japanese wikipedia..

Oh, what, you don't know Japanese? Fine, fine.

Basically, the flowers are dried out and bleached, before being preserved using a non-volative solution generally considering of some form of alcohol (ethanol or methanol, generally) and other sort of sciency stuff. After that, artificial moisture and dyes are placed back into them to restore their original look, so they'll survive forever. They're generally used for interior decorations, as well as mementos for special occasions, such as wedding bouquets.

And now you know! Also, despite what Podima says, her name is Lisa. And because I edited this into the first post, he can't over-rule it.
Anyway, please enjoy the episode!
ima sugu shutsudoukable
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Today's lesson: In relationships, men give stuff and women look pretty. Don't forget these key points!

It's puppet theater at HeartCatch ... theater

Also, she's Japanese. Why isn't her name Risa?
Podima
Militant Deaf Viewer
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Your mother.

Re: HeartCatch Precure ep 12 released

Post by Podima »

Also her name is RISA.

And because I snuck this in via an edit, Magenta won't be able to disagree with me. HA HA.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: HeartCatch Precure - Episode 12 Released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Puppet theater with Heartcatch mascots is awesome. And Cure Marine being Pink Forte Wave was great as it was the second time for her and still says "Bwaaaaaaaaaa!"
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Re: HeartCatch Precure ep 12 released

Post by That Guy »

Podima wrote:Also her name is RISA.

And because I snuck this in via an edit, Magenta won't be able to disagree with me. HA HA.
Spotted. Quoted. Busted. I'll let Magenta have his way with you.

Lolz at Take's lesson from this episode.

And like Phoenix said, Erika can't seem to cut a break. When will Tsubomi get on the receiving end of a forte wave, I have to wonder?
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

Man, people don't want to see the Lisa/Risa argument we had in QC. It was about 4x as long as the actual QC. Jeez.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Rewatching this, I remember wondering which one of the couple was going to be our Desertrian of the week. Or would they possibly both become one or two Desertrians? Anyway, introducing dual candidates was a nice change of pace from the normal single one-shot character suffering an identity crisis.

Erika saying "Yes sir" to her mom still gets me. Obviously she says it in English, so I'm guessing it's a loanphrase that's taken on a slightly broader meaning in Japanese?

When they showed the actual suspension bridge, it didn't give me any feeling of instability, nor did it even visibly rock when people walked on it or Erika was shaking it. Kind of destroyed the "scary suspension bridge" notion. But then it got all rickety when the freaking wind blew over it. I mean come on, Erika was putting some decent force into shaking that thing and nothing happened, but then a breeze rolled by and it started to bend and sway?

Ah well. it was still a nice episode. That's the thing I love about this show. Even the episodes that don't advance the plot are fun to watch.

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”