HeartCatch Precure - Episode 13 Released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

HeartCatch Precure - Episode 13 Released

Post by Magenta »

HeartCatch Precure!
Episode 13: The truth is revealed! Cure Moonlight's true identity!!
Episode Notes:
Special thanks to Chip for making the splash for this episode.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Re: HeartCatch Precure - Episode 13 Released

Post by That Guy »

So, Erika and Tsubomi finally find out Yuri's identity. I suppose that's what the episode title is referencing, since they didn't try too hard to hide it from the audience. I suppose next comes the revelation that she's the friend that Momoka was calling. The connections in this series are interesting.

And yay for more development from both Dark Precure and Yuri herself. (Oh lordy, that name and that pairing......that's unfortunate.) I'm curious as to what the wound in Yuri's heart is that won't heal, if it's more than just losing her Precure powers. Probably connected to her missing father. Speaking of father, it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled a Darth Vader and had him be Professor Sabaku in disguise or vice-versa. It would explain why he doesn't want Dark Precure to kill her. Or maybe it's a Jekyl and Hyde thing. Or I could be shooting out my ass. Anyway. Yuri clearly cares a lot about protecting her mother so that she doesn't lose her as well, which is admirable, and she puts up a good fight even without her precure powers, unlike.....pretty much every other Precure ever. Dark Precure hints at a deeper connection between her and Moonlight than meets the eye. i could be reading too much into this, but it might imply that Dark Precure was created as an exact opposite of Cure Moonlight herself, or that she's a clone, or......who knows. And combined with my above theory about the Professor being Yuri's father, it opens another father-daughter relationship. Very interesting. Interesting that Dark Precure seems to almost be obsessed with Moonlight, even disobeying orders to pursue that thread. I'm kind of sad that she gave up the idea of tainting the PreCure name like she was doing in ep 10 so quickly, though, it would have been interesting to see the results of that and how it affected Tsubomi and Erika. This series is really pulling me in, I hope they keep churning out good episodes like this.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the part where it's like "Oh, so you're dad went missing looking for the big tree heart, really?" is suspicious. I mean, these two share a scene in the opening, why not just beat that over people's heads?

I'm more interested in the mystery behind the personified deus ex machina that shows up to save the day. Nowadays, it seems like a mystery can't last more than a few episodes before they fling their hands in the air and reveal it. So it's kind of cool that this guy is still making his infrequent appearances, hasn't said anything yet, and we still know nothing about him

Not sure what the deal is with Dark Precure saying she's Cure Moonlight. Hopefully that explanation is interesting

Nice fight
Podima
Militant Deaf Viewer
My boom: Your mother.

Post by Podima »

I too subscribe to the theorycraft involving Dark Precure, Yuri, and Sabark/Yuri's father.

Spoiler
Also, Coupe's cross-section is prismatic.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't mind the mysterious guy since the awesome theme music of his gets to be played. I wonder if Tsubomi's grandmother was Yuri's teacher in the ways of being a Precure. Dark Precure's right eye opening up is still gives off, "Oh crap. She just got serious. We are probably screwed now." As for round 2 versus Dark Precure, Blossom and Marine did better and even temporary held back her most powerful move before getting defeated again. Also I have to wonder what's the general lore of the Great Heart Tree since it seems that regular humans are able to know about it compared with other Precure series where the mystical land is blocked off from the human world in general.
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

I'm still wondering what's up with Dark Precure's deyeus ex machina. Hoping they explain that and don't just write it off as "it's there, deal with it".

People on the Livejournal are citing this episode as proof that Coupe is the mysterious silent dude. The only clue I saw in that regard was Chyphre and Coffret getting all wide-eyed and excited when they saw him, similar to their reaction upon first seeing him in episode 2. Did I miss something or are they just attaching themselves to a really small hint?
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

I think the big clue was him turning up suspiciously close before Kaoruko did. I mean, if they left from the same place at the same time...
ima sugu shutsudoukable
puddington

Post by puddington »

While we're figuring out identities, I really, really, REALLY hope that the mysterious bishounen ends being actually Coupe-sama. It would make my day.
dinothunder1024
Gao
Favorite series: kamen rider kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: super sentai
My boom: webcomics
Quote: Has a creature ever perfected the art of denial as finely as a human?
Type: INFP Healer

Post by dinothunder1024 »

I think that the Bishounen is Yuri's daddy
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Except she doesn't recognize the guy when he appears. Anyway, I think we all have our theory on who Yuri's missing dad is
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

dinothunder1024 wrote:I think that the Bishounen is Yuri's daddy
I think we can safely rule that one out based on appearances alone.
dinothunder1024
Gao
Favorite series: kamen rider kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: super sentai
My boom: webcomics
Quote: Has a creature ever perfected the art of denial as finely as a human?
Type: INFP Healer

Post by dinothunder1024 »

That Guy wrote:
dinothunder1024 wrote:I think that the Bishounen is Yuri's daddy
I think we can safely rule that one out based on appearances alone.
Blossom and Marine don't exactly look like Tsubomi and Erika either
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

I was wondering when creepy girl from episode 1 was going to show up again in a big way. Now, I have to call her Dark Precure. (sigh)

I also like episodes when the Heroes... errr... Heroines get the blank kicked out of 'em.

Of course, it sucks that the typical plot twist of "we almost defeated them, so we get yanked back" always rears their ugly head.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

TorchWood wrote:I was wondering when creepy girl from episode 1 was going to show up again in a big way. Now, I have to call her Dark Precure. (sigh)

I also like episodes when the Heroes... errr... Heroines get the blank kicked out of 'em.

Of course, it sucks that the typical plot twist of "we almost defeated them, so we get yanked back" always rears their ugly head.
Did you watch episode 10 because Dark Precure fights the new Precures for the first time in that episode.
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

dinothunder1024 wrote:Blossom and Marine don't exactly look like Tsubomi and Erika either
Their clothes and hair change, but not their faces or build. Mysterious Bishounen looks visibly younger and has an overall different facial structure and build than Yuri's father.

Torchwood: You need to go back and watch the rest of this series, ep 10 introduced the girls to Dark Precure.

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”