HeartCatch 25 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch 25 released

Post by takenoko »

I'm a bit different about the new end song. The visuals are fantastic though. Can't wait to see people memorizing and doing the new dance (maybe someone will do one for our summer dance contest? http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=7432)

One thing I noticed while watching the ending is the relationship of the different Precures with each other. Well... I noticed that we have a moon Precure and we have a sun Precure. The only other thing that makes this more sentaish (besides the three main girls being relatively representative of the primary colors) is the fact that including Dark Precure we have five members
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Re: HeartCatch 25 released

Post by Magenta »

The logic that's going round, and I'm pretty much willing to say is factual based on the ED, is that Sunshine is tied to Blossom because of the sun making plants grow, and Moonlight is tied to Marine because of the moon's effect on the tides. Hence why they pair off the way they do, which is kinda nice.

So, Sasorina gets purified. That's going to be interesting to see the resolution to, huh? And there was me thinking "Oh, a beach episode. Well, back to filler then..." but no. No, in glorious style.

Also, HALLELUJAH
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

If I dislike anything, it's the new sponsor card. I like the three sitting in the corner but, Yuri just looks like an afterthought & they just copy/pasted her in.

The ED is nice, though. Or that's what I thought after my mind stopped spinning since, it was the last thing I had expected. xD
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I totally love the new ED.

My god, the amount of subtext for Les Yay is amazing in this series. You could seriously make a canon case for TsubomiXItsuki (I totally ship that. Just saying. :P)

You know you're at the best part of the series when the fights get DBZ-ish.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Les Yay?
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

takenoko wrote:Les Yay?
Sorry. TV Tropes name for "Lesbianism. Yay!" There's also Ho Yay for "Homo-eroticism. yay!" It's basically another name for yaoi/yuri subtext

Coppe likes to watch
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Seeing that still really makes you think about how gorgeous the ending footage is

Just noticed they add in Potpourri and Sunshine into the opening

It's kind of weird how they add Moonlight into everything since she's not active presently. Like the new picture during the sponsor part. Everyone's in the title screen too, this is getting crowded

Erika's hair looks really short in pigtails

The meaning of the character heights is kind of fascinating in this series. Tsubomi is more mature than Erika, so it makes sense that she's taller. Itsuki needs to be tall so that we'd think she was initially a male. And Dark Precure and Yuri are even taller because she's more mature. It'll be interesting to see them stand lined up together

Sorry, Itsuki, don't think that dress suits you. Back to the beginning, I did like the instant change in relationship that was felt by just saying Itsuki's name without the -san. Then reciprocated when Itsuki said Tsubomi. This is why I think Japanese is really interesting

I kind of want to see Yuri in that dress during the eyecatch

Silly Itsuki and her brother complex. "So are any of you girls like me?"

I'm kind of surprised that they set up a subplot with the girl and Itsuki so early without doing anything with it in this episode

Well, Cobraja gets some depth. LOL, the bad guys are red yellow and blue, just like the three main girls. Was the secret identity thing ever supposed to be a big deal?
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I get a kick out of how Sasorina grudge against Cure Sunshine stems from jealousy. Even though Sasorina didn't feel the full force of Gold Forte Burst, it looks like it still had some effect on her.

Kumojacky's ridiculously long loincloth swaying in the wind was just so weird.

The new ED song is quite interesting. It isn't the typical J-pop melody you would expect for a magical girl anime. It sounds inspired by gospel music. That would also explain the stained glass background at the start of the song.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

And, ya know. HALLELUJAH?
ima sugu shutsudoukable
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

The new ending is annoyingly catchy, because it wormed its way into my head even though I don't think it fits the show very well. (And I immediately fell in love with the melody and lyrics to the first ending so I'm admittedly having a tough time letting go.) The visuals were certainly eye-catching, but I miss seeing the girls dancing in their civilian forms.
Magenta wrote:The logic that's going round, and I'm pretty much willing to say is factual based on the ED, is that Sunshine is tied to Blossom because of the sun making plants grow, and Moonlight is tied to Marine because of the moon's effect on the tides. Hence why they pair off the way they do, which is kinda nice.
I hadn't thought about that. I like that correlation.

As for the episode, it was pretty good. Nice split during the battle, which really showed off how much the girls have grown. Funny how Blossom still seems to be the weakest of the team physically, relying on the perfume to keep up with her opponent, but at least she demonstrated strategic decision-making skills.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

takenoko wrote:LOL, the bad guys are red yellow and blue, just like the three main girls.
I noticed that too in the "showdown" this episode and don't know why it wasn't immediately obvious before that point. This made sense to me initially, like I was thinking that each of them had some sort of "counterpart" in the Desert Apostles which would be further evidence of some kind of connection between Dark Precure and Moonlight.

But then Marine ended up fighting Kumojacky (red) and Blossom fought Cobraja (blue) so there went that whole theory.
Was the secret identity thing ever supposed to be a big deal?
I remember the fairies saying something about terrible things would happen if anyone found out their secret identities. Tsubomi asked "Like what?" but they just repeated "TERRIBLE THINGS" and that was pretty much the end of that. Pretty blatant Lampshade Hanging there.

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”