HC 33 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HC 33 released

Post by takenoko »

We've been pretty much waiting this whole series for this episode!
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: HC 33 released

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Spoiler
Arrgh, just when you think the wait is finally over, they END the episode with just her henshin just like they did with Cure Sunshine T.T

I don't know why, but I was really surprised to see her smiling and talking in a cheery voice in the flashback. It felt so.... un-Yuri-like lol. Also, why is Dark Precure soooo crazy powerful? You'd think that the Shining Fortissimo would do at least some sort of better damage and not sputter out like the Floral Fortissimo did earlier in the series. If you really need 4 Precures to beat one Dark Precure, I call hax XD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

One weird thing is that I totally thought they were setting it up so that Dark Precure would turn out to be Yuri's lost fairy. Guess I was totally off about that.

So Cologne does the asymmetric thing too, eh?
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Yea! I actually thought that too! Was pretty surprised to see Cologne and then even more... surprised (I guess?) when Cologne started to talk and heard a non-I'm-on-helium voice come out. Strangely enough, I'm preeettty sure I've heard Cologne's voice from somewhere else.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Probably, Ishida Akira has been in a million roles, such as Kaworu from Eva or Xellos from Slayers
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... php?id=443

Also Legend of Basara and Marmalade Boy and Nurse Angel Ririka and Sailor Moon. takenoko likes old anime
garfield15
Save the life
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Wow, I was mad Cologne didn't come back to life like I thought he would.

Oh and of course they end the episode right there
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
ByakuyaNoRyuu
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Hanaori Kotoha-chan
Favorite Actor?: Kento Handa
Favorite Band: UVERworld

Post by ByakuyaNoRyuu »

EndlessWaltz24 wrote:Yea! I actually thought that too! Was pretty surprised to see Cologne and then even more... surprised (I guess?) when Cologne started to talk and heard a non-I'm-on-helium voice come out. Strangely enough, I'm preeettty sure I've heard Cologne's voice from somewhere else.
It is Akira Ishida, who also voiced Bae in Gekiranger and Tatsulot in Kamen Rider Kiva.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Yea, the guy's got a looooonnng list of stuff that he's voiced in. I'll probably remember him more as Bae from Gekiranger, Athrun from Gundam Seed and Eiji from Bamboo Blade (Major lolz XD)
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I was on the same wavelength about suspecting Dark Precure could turn out to be Moonlight's fairy, especially after we got confirmation that Coupe had a human form. It seemed like they shared some elements in their design, and it was pretty strange that we never even heard the fairy's name before this episode. It might have been a little twistier than necessary (especially since the foreshadowing is getting stronger and stronger that the Professor is Yuri's father) so I'm relieved that wasn't the case.

This might have been the most powerful episode yet, emotionally speaking. Cologne's sacrifice was really well done - it was the sort of thing that I could see bringing tears to the eyes of younger viewers. I'm glad they didn't bring him back to life, other than to remind Yuri that he's still looking after her even though he can't physically be by her side. I don't think a post-sacrifice resurrection always cheapens the death, but this was one of those times where it would have for me. The sound that Yuri makes when her hands slip through Cologne...heartbreaking.

Three moments that made me smile or laugh, to counterpoint the more somber tone of the episode: First, Erika "comforting" Yuri. It wasn't intentional, but I found it really sweet how they juxtaposed Erika's bubbly personality and forthright desire to help the people around her with the fact that she is still...immature, although I don't mean that in a negative context. Even though she wants to comfort Yuri, I think she's still young enough that she needs to be the one comforted when she's that upset. It looked like she was sobbing into Yuri's chest, rather than it being the other way around. And Yuri, being the "mature" one of the group, instinctively started to comfort Erika. It made for a sweetly ironic moment to me.

Second - Potpourri crashing into the ground instead of hovering in front of Itsuki. Slapstick, but adorable.

Finally, the way the trees all lit up with power before Yuri teleported in front of Dark PreCure, followed by Yuri's speech, were really impressive. It was a very empowering note to wrap up on.

Even without checking how far I was into the episode, I figured we were going to end on Moonlight's pose after her transformation sequence. Blossom and Sunshine did the same, so really it's Marine who was the oddball. Overall, it was really a standout episode.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I think the best part of the episode is the plausible conflict in Yuri's heart.

Most people would try to console Yuri with predictable lines like "it's not your fault" when those words often feel empty. Instead, Cologne focuses on the root of the problem. Yuri lost the ability to become a Precure because she was afraid. After Cologne's death, Yuri became afraid that she didn't have what it takes to protect others. Unlike the formulaic plot of a Tom Cruise movie, Yuri's crisis of confidence was a real obstacle.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

Her teleportation with the lights, her speech and her epic henshin was the best part of the whole episode
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Second - Potpourri crashing into the ground instead of hovering in front of Itsuki. Slapstick, but adorable.
That cracked me up. They did it so perfectly with the hover-hover-smack! that I almost had to pause the playback I was laughing so hard.

Dark Precures insane power level does make you wonder why Sabaaku even bothers with the other three commanders.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

This was an amusing picture playing on the "Cry on my chest!" scene.
http://www9.uploda.tv/v/uptv0000891.png
garfield15
Save the life
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

That Guy wrote:This was an amusing picture playing on the "Cry on my chest!" scene.
http://www9.uploda.tv/v/uptv0000891.png
Somebody please translate that. That's too hilarious.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's pretty much the same as the dialogue from the show. Except Yuri's like "Uhhh... thanks?". The last panel's sound affect is for rubbing/patting, Cologne's name, and "The End".

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”