HC 34 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HC 34 released

Post by takenoko »

Kind of an action packed episode. Guess the next mystery is just who is Dark Precure really?

/me rolls a die and sees if long-lost-sister comes up
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Re: HC 34 released

Post by Magenta »

I rolled two dice and pulled up "Sabark is totally Yuri's father" and "Dark Precure is his bizarre daughter-replacement clone."

I kind of feel like the mysteries in this show are all being saved up and accumulated and we're going to get some kind of burst of them in the last five episodes or something. Seriously, they introduced Dune how long ago? He has done literally nothing since episode 20 except "talk to Sabark once on a monitor" and "show up in someone's dream." Yeah, good going there, Your Highness, I'm really very impressed.

Then there's the incomplete half of Yuri's Precure Seed Dark had, then there's Sabark's identity, then there's Sunshine's "controlled by a malevolent darkness" line in 25... Ugh.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Going to start adding comics from this blog to the rotation http://tjtype1.blog28.fc2.com/

You might recognize some of the pictures from front page posts a few years back. I'm only just now getting back to reading it again

"Her breasts are just a 5. What trash."
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Magenta wrote:I rolled two dice and pulled up "Sabark is totally Yuri's father" and "Dark Precure is his bizarre daughter-replacement clone."
This right here. I've been thinking that for, like, the whole show. Well, since Yuri's debut, anyway. I saw someone's avatar on the livejournal or some forums or something that depicted a half-and-half of Moonlight and Dark's faces. They were identical save for hairstyle. Granted, it was probably an artistic rendition, but still. If nothing else, Dark's right eye (the normal one) looks the same as Yuri's eyes. Her powers mirror Moonlight's powers most of all, with the ability to do both the Forte Wave and the Fortissimo. That, and we know she wasn't around during Cure Flower's tenure. And the hints toward Sabark being Yuri's father, or at least having some relation to her father, are there by extension. Her father disappeared while researching the Great Heart Tree. That's a little too coincidental, I think. Yuri and Sabark are shown together in the opening very prominently, and if Dark is a clone of Yuri or something to that effect, well, replacement daughter much? At the very least, I think it's clear Sabark and Yuri and Yuri's father have some relationship that's deeper than we've seen thus far.

Anyway. Badass episode was badass. Moonlight kicked all kinds of ass. Finally got to see Kobraja and Kumojacky use their Dark Bracelets, they start roflstomping the girls, then Moonlight comes in and roflstomps them right back. Cologne disappearing was really sad, but it's fitting. He's dead, he can't come back, and there's no need for him to stick around as an energy being now.

So now that Moonlight's joined the team, I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a 4-way transformation. And a 4-way finisher. Maybe a double Shining Fortissimo. That would be awesome. In the meantime, I await the inevitable de-badassing of Moonlight when she's taken down to the level of the rest of the team. It can't be long, there's only 15 or so episodes left.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

So if there was ever going to be an episode to show how awesome PreCure is to somebody, I would pick this one. Holy schnozz that was awesome

I love how at the end Cologne has his arms out like "Okay, I'm about to give you a hug...oh no wait, I'm dying. Bye."

Erika, what did we say about going back to Adventure Time?

Everyone: "Yeah"
Yuri: "Oh crap..."
Yuri, you have no idea what you have just gotten yourself into.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Hehehe, it's about friggin time we got to see Cure Moonlight back in action (>.<)b. Talk about major power imbalance though right? I mean daaaayyum, 1 on 1 with Dark Precure, and then beating the other apostles when they were using their Dark Bracelets. O yea, and "Erika Ecchi Vision! Activate!" XD
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

YES YOU ARE THE BEST EPISODE EVER.

This was a fantastic episode with great fights (the Moonlight Reflection thing was totally awesome, as was Dark Precure standing there thinking she'd won but OH WHOOPS). It was pretty funny too, I laughed at Sasorina looking up and getting leg-swept and the look on Kumojacky and Sasorina's faces when Kobraja came flying at them. And it was even a bit sad with Cologne finally vanishing completely near the end.

Oh and Erika accurately guessing Yuri's measurements. Wasn't sure if they were going to go that route or the "Erika is wildly wrong" route. I think this is funnier though.

I was glad for the little notes at the end about O and X on the PS controllers. That makes complete sense, though it does make me wonder why the NA localization usually swaps the two. I remember it makes Final Fantasy 7 seem weird to play now since that one kept the O as confirm and X as cancel, but then it was X for confirm and O for cancel in 8 and beyond. Not sure what prompted that decision.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I actually read an article. They did a survey among Americans and most people though the x was the confirmation button, that's why they swapped it
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

One of my favorite parts was when Sasorina was sitting in the fountain with Kumojacky, trying to recover from their injuries. The look on her face when she saw Cobraja's body flying towards them was priceless.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Completely forgot to post these pics someone linked in the precure chan:

(Tagged 'cause they're kinda big)
Spoiler

Spoiler
garfield15
Save the life
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWW~
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

The Sabark is totally Yuri's father makes total sense and I actually thought that since the first time it was mentioned.

I prefer Shining Moon Fortissimo as a name for a 4-way finisher instead of Double Shining Fortissimo, that sounds a bit, weird lol. Enjoyed the kickass battle between Dark and Moonlight.

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”