Precure DX 2 movie

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Precure DX 2 movie

Post by takenoko »

All the Precures, gather!

I dunno, I liked seeing the old characters, but it seemed like Tsubomi had a personality change throughout the whole movie that made her really unlikeable to me. Yeah, I know it was part of the plot so that they'd have an epiphany at the end, but it was just off putting

The focus on Fresh Precure made it seem more like a versus (Sorta like Boukenger vs Super Sentai was more like Boukenger vs MagiRanger). Not that I didn't really enjoy the Fresh Precure characters, but maybe it could have been more balanced

The animation was really nice though. And I loved the mascot characters, who are all so very cute
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Re: Precure DX 2 movie

Post by That Guy »

As much as I like Precure, I cannot put this any other way.
This. Movie. Sucked. Balls.
It was HeartCatch vs. Fresh with what amounted to special appearances by everybody else. It was worse than what Decade. I mean come on! The plot was boring as hell, the only parts I liked were the final battle, in all its mediocre cg goodness. Random upgrades for everybody! So it's not that I can't enjoy action when the plot is lame, but the action through most of the movie was also lame. The mascots are cute on their own, but get them all together and it's just too much annoyance to handle. How many times can Chiffon randomly levitate something before it stops being funny? How many times can these creatures with enough power to transform teenage girls into superheroines get scared at their inability to fight the big bad monster? And then they scare the monsters away with little bitty flashlights.

At this point I'm being very critical of a movie that's just lots of fanservice, but I think DX1 did it better without even having much in the way of a coherent plot. I didn't come into this movie expecting much, but I got much less than that. I only enjoyed the final battle and the ending theme song.

Let the fanrage against me commence.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I kinda thought TV Nihon was going to skip DX2 as you can't really get excited over it without DX 1.

Yes, It's mainly for fanservice reasons. I personally think DX2 is a good team up movie as it is. It's got the Awesome Dance at the end and hella loads of Minor Character apperances from previous series. Grant mainly a Fresh Vs Heartcatch team up but still perhaps it'll get people intrested in the previous series.

There wasn't really a need invovle the previous series alot it's kinda like in Movie Wars 2010 yeah previous kamen riders were there but the main people initating all the attacks were decade and double.

Still any time i get to see Cure Black and Cure White back in action, it's a good time to be had.

And keep in mind Still the designated age group is aim for Females age 8-15 we must never forget this.
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

I liked it. I think Dx1 is better though (I can say that right? Well I won't spoil anything). But I enjoyed it. I think I would enjoy it more if I knew more of the villains, I liked the Chacha guy just cuz he seemed kinda funny, a real Cirque De Soleil villain. The cg at the end and the power up...eh...whatever I don't mind it too much. And though I've not seen all previous precures some precures did get very little speaking time (I think all Cure Aqua did was mention her name in the whole movie?) and I felt like characters like Milky Rose suddenly had a lot more screentime for some reason. (I didn't know who she was until I did some research)

But overall, despite how shallow it might seen, I enjoyed it. It's mindless fun and really I wish Decade had done this much (those are my feelings on Decade). It's just fun and it's includes everyone. Plus I enjoyed the interactions the characters had especially between Fresh and Heartcatch. And I found that scene at the beginning somewhat entertaining when the Fresh characters are all making fun of Peach.
Soldat Veritas
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I thought it was okay. HeartCatch is my first Precure series so I didn't recognize anyone else or anything so I couldn't get excited about that stuff. I was disappointed in that Tsubomi and Erika kind of really didn't do anything though, at least not until the end. I realize part of that is because they can't transform without the fairies (I was hoping at least Erika would make a comment like "How come THOSE Precures get to transform whenever they want?" but oh well). Still, I wish they'd done more, but perhaps this is fitting for "the weakest Precures in history."

I guess it also didn't help that at that point in the series, Tsubomi and Erika really hadn't fought any ridiculously and stupidly powerful enemies. I mean it's one thing to fight soccer ball and camera monsters, but another thing to fight a giant gold dude who can tear out a piece of ground the size of a small village. Kind of a difference in strength there.

Oh yeah, and random Itsuki cameo along with Yuri and Tsubomi's grandma. This movie came out around what, episode 7 or 8? So I guess they were dropping a pretty big hint of how important she would be in the series, which is kind of neat.

What series are those two ghost looking fairies from? Those two were the coolest, I like them. The mascot parts were kind of funny but...voices like that are only tolerable for so long, and they clearly passed that length of time.
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

kaemmerite wrote:I thought it was okay. HeartCatch is my first Precure series so I didn't recognize anyone else or anything so I couldn't get excited about that stuff. I was disappointed in that Tsubomi and Erika kind of really didn't do anything though, at least not until the end. I realize part of that is because they can't transform without the fairies (I was hoping at least Erika would make a comment like "How come THOSE Precures get to transform whenever they want?" but oh well). Still, I wish they'd done more, but perhaps this is fitting for "the weakest Precures in history."
You should check out the older Precure shows, they're pretty cool. But with the exception of the PC5 and Fresh teams, they don't get to transform whenever they want either. Black, White, Shiny Luminous, Bloom, and Egret were reliant on their mascots to transform as well. Moreso, in fact, because their transformation devices WERE their mascots. :P They just had the good sense not to de-transform.
Oh yeah, and random Itsuki cameo along with Yuri and Tsubomi's grandma. This movie came out around what, episode 7 or 8? So I guess they were dropping a pretty big hint of how important she would be in the series, which is kind of neat.
I noticed that, too, as well as some cameos from characters from other seasons.
What series are those two ghost looking fairies from? Those two were the coolest, I like them. The mascot parts were kind of funny but...voices like that are only tolerable for so long, and they clearly passed that length of time.
Which two? Can you post pics or a timestamp?
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm going to guess he means the Splash Star fairies. Their legs curl up into a tail when they float, which kind of looks like a ghost.

I enjoyed this movie. I'm not a big anime person, so I hadn't even heard of Precure before we picked up HeartCatch. I've gone back and watched the first two series, and I've had a little exposure to the rest, but I didn't have as much invested in the characters as I would in a sentai VS movie or Decade. Even without that deep familiarity, I was still able to recognize that a ton of supporting characters (family, classmates, and movie-only characters) popped up at one point or another. I also did a double-take when I saw Itsuki, Kaoruko, and Yuri standing next to each other in the crowd.

The "leaders" of the various teams are pretty absent-minded, aren't they? That's scary.

My biggest disappointment was the main enemy's name. Bottom? Really? Maybe it's better if you don't speak English, because there is nothing scary about the name "Bottom".

After watching this movie, I miss the chemistry Erika and Tsubomi had when it was just the two of them fighting. Tsubomi's naivety enabled her to be calm while Erika was snarky and easy to work up into a frenzy...unless Tsubomi freaked out about something which triggered Erika into acting like the level-headed half of the pair. My favorite moment of the final battle was Marine linking her arm with Blossom, echoing the movement Erika had done with Tsubomi earlier in the movie. More than all the flashy attacks, that little action was proof of how strong their friendship was.

I couldn't help but notice that the Max Heart and Splash Star PreCures are really similarly drawn. Sometimes, particularly in their civilian forms, I have to double-check if I'm looking at the right characters. I thought it was funny that Hikari is standing with Mai and Saki in the splash. I wonder if she got confused too.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>The "leaders" of the various teams are pretty absent-minded, aren't they? That's scary.

The scene with Love stirring her tea at the table made me feel like I was watching a scene from Sailor Moon

>My biggest disappointment was the main enemy's name. Bottom? Really? Maybe it's better if you don't speak English, because there is nothing scary about the name "Bottom".

I dunno, it's like Penny from the Big Bang Theory having a cool kanji tattoo that actually means "soup". I really do think it's a case of "hey, we don't speak English so this is cooler"

>After watching this movie, I miss the chemistry Erika and Tsubomi had when it was just the two of them fighting.

Given the time scale, maybe they made the movie before or during the initial creation of HeartCatch, so the HeartCatch characters weren't as established. Or maybe they did the movie and went "oh man, Tsubomi is really kind of obnoxious, let's not do this with the TV series"

>I couldn't help but notice that the Max Heart and Splash Star PreCures are really similarly drawn.

I never saw Splash Star, but I always assumed that was Toei's attempt to reboot the franchise
That Guy
Save the life

Post by That Guy »

takenoko wrote:>I couldn't help but notice that the Max Heart and Splash Star PreCures are really similarly drawn.

I never saw Splash Star, but I always assumed that was Toei's attempt to reboot the franchise
That is exactly what it was. It failed epically, and depending on who you ask, may have nearly killed the franchise were it not for Precure 5 the next year being very different. I haven't seen it yet myself, but most people I've talked to who have agree that it was actually a pretty good series when it wasn't trying to channel the original.
boukengreen
Adventure
Favorite series: KR Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: KR Den O
My boom: Tokusatsu

Post by boukengreen »

Awesome fan sub Work as always.

To be honest I think All stars DX 01 was much better than this sequel
still have salvageable parts like the animation is very good and the action scenes are very dynamic.

The plot was.... Well, is a Kids oriented Anime after all. -_-
Thank you for this anniversary special
but also makes me wish that you could make DX 01.
Ahh! a coin slot just appeared on my forehead!! XDDD
Walking the Path of Heaven
boukenbluekiva
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by boukenbluekiva »

Thank you very much I love to see the Cures together again.

I enjoyed this film that certainly deserves to be a release to celebrate the anniversary of this great fan sub group.

Ten Years of Power,Wisdom, and Henshin
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I forgot to put this here when the movie came out
Spoiler

...And Shin :lol:
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
methos
7X
Favorite series: KRW
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by methos »

Ha, that picture's awesome.

I thought the movie was cute, if nothing else. I would agree that it felt like Tsubomi and Erika were deliberately given the Useless Ball so that the other Precures could look awesome and then have the heart-stirring finish at the end, but I've also learned not to expect much plot-wise from anime/sentai movies. And hey, the DX3 movie has already been announced, so can look forward to seeing the HeartCatch characters do more in that one I'm sure.

And wow, I didn't think that ending dance sequence was ever going to end.
The scene with Love stirring her tea at the table made me feel like I was watching a scene from Sailor Moon
Could not agree more. Heck, everything about that character reminded me of Usagi.
furyofdragons
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Quote: Life is a long path to a goal. Drop your heavy luggage and enjoy walking with your hands empty

Post by furyofdragons »

I didn't really like the animation transition for Tsubomi and Erika, and I would have preferred if the movie didn't really feel like fresh v precure. It was an enjoyable watch, I want to see DX 1 to compare them but my internet blocks torrents

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”