HeartCatch Precure 38 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch Precure 38 released

Post by takenoko »

Today's picture is what looks like his doujinshi or artwork that he's selling. Check it out:
http://blog-imgs-32-origin.fc2.com/t/j/ ... page2.html
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: HeartCatch Precure 38 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Spoiler
Spoiler
(7:40:15 PM) caitsmeow: Oh hell
(7:40:23 PM) caitsmeow: shit just got real, y'all
(7:40:39 PM) Macaroni|Ryuki: damn, mood whiplash
(7:41:05 PM) caitsmeow: and suddenly, cutesy eyecatch! :D
(7:41:13 PM) Rika-chama: wow.... depressing first half is depressing
(7:41:19 PM) Rika-chama: I think I'll go slash my wrists now
(7:41:20 PM) Rika-chama: orz
(7:41:26 PM) Macaroni|Ryuki: @caits, inorite ? xD
(7:41:41 PM) caitsmeow: Mood whiplash, you gotta love it
(7:41:58 PM) caitsmeow: Heartcatch, in ur base, traumatizing ur six-year-olds

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody thought to play "Heartbeat, Heartbreak" over parts of this episode.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

First of all, this
Spoiler

-Okay, that first half was....unbelievably depressing. I mean, shit. It's like "Let's talk about how much Tsubomi sucks for the first ten minutes."

-Luckily the second half was totally flipping awesome. I wasn't completely sure if the ED was spoiling us by showing the Cures in the silver outfits or if it was just a design choice, but no. It was spoiling us for like, ever. Was not expecting a giant Cure to come out and HULK SMASH the enemy though.

-Thanks Toei, I think I know the plot to the whole movie now. (I love the part where the fairies are drinking their juice with a -_- look

[Toyrant] IT POOPS HEART SEEDS! POOPS! WHO SAID THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA? WHY? [/rant]
takenoko wrote:[ Image ]
Why is GoseiBlue in that pic :lol:
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It looks like a Precure/Goseiger/Kamen Rider crossover doujin

Nice pic by the way
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Okay Mind blown.. I have no idea what really happens during that finshing attack. It looks like she just picks it up and holds it? is this what we're going to be using to kill monsters from now on? if so kinda bit of overkill.

Love Erika's reaction to the Fortissimo thing terribly moe.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Hey, if we are gonna get the CMs with the shows, then I demand Kamen Rider OOO fish sausages. And wieners.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TG23 wrote:Hey, if we are gonna get the CMs with the shows, then I demand Kamen Rider OOO fish sausages. And wieners.
Never!
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Speaking of advertising. hilarious how they advertised for the new outfits as soon as they were done killing the enemy. made me lol a bit.

the editing for the commercials is weird. cause i hear them talking for it like a half a second before it shows it. could just be the dumb ass 360.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Moonlight's dumbfounded expression when Marine is ranting about how Blossom won't be able to pass the ordeal without their help was exactly how I felt during that scene. I managed to hold myself back last episode but, seriously, Tsubomi calls Erika her best friend? She might want to look for someone else. Marine was the last to notice she didn't finish the ordeal yet and the first to call her hopeless.

I kid to a certain extent - a good friend can help you see your flaws and help you overcome your weaknesses - but I was a little disturbed at how little confidence Marine had in Blossom.

It was a good episode. I was satisfied with the resolution to Blossom's ordeal, especially with the way they cut out her acceptance of her shy self until after the battle and used a flashback to show it. Good pacing.

Some cute moments. Marine not realizing she was about to get sniped, and cleaning off the ash later in the episode, were funny in a that-could-have-been-much-worse way. Coffret-Cape talking to Marine in the middle of the fight was also neat. Moonlight was as impressive as ever with the way she coordinated the battle and kept a level head. I'm really hooked on "Heart Goes On" now - having it kick in when Blossom appeared on the battlefield instantly set the mood.

I suppose that's the closest to the four-way transformation sequence that people said they wanted to see. I also wondered if that final pose during the new ending sequence was supposed to represent a change to their uniforms, but I couldn't believe the animators would deliberately spoil a development like that so far in advance. Guess I was wrong!

Hello Random-Giant-Woman. Might you be the spirit of Cure Flower? That's the only other character I can think of we've seen with long pale pink hair like that. And speaking of Cure Flower, that's the second or third time they've shown her clutching that necklace, so my curiosity is piqued.

I actually started humming the wrong song when the slow piano version of the main theme was playing at the end. There was a point that sounded like the lead-in to the Kirari Sailor Dream chorus to me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm surprised at how much credit people gave the animators about the ending sequence. The first time I saw that, it was like "Oh okay. I guess we're not even going to bother to try to have an element of surprise anymore"

I kind of like the giant Precure, and kind of don't. I'm assuming it's the spirit of all Precures/Great Heart Tree rather than Cure Flower, who will probably forever remain in shadows and veiled shots. I mean, she's really pretty, and it's neat that she's kind of blind and needs to be directed by the Precures for the attacks. On the other hand, the knuckle protection thing bothers me since it looks really out of place. I dunno, that's my complaint? I guess it is

I was a little bit bothered that Blossom's battle with herself really wasn't all that different from the other battles from the last episode. I mean, I guess it's more empathetic since Blossom Mirage is really kind of sad sounding. But it's hard to equate confidence issues with Moonlight dealing with Cologne's death in terms of dramatic levels

I kind of need to see more of the Super Silhouette form, but I don't really think I like it? It's too white. Even wedding peach had various colors used. Yeah, it looks like they're getting married, which is a weird image to draw up. I just liked the original outfits a lot more. Also, so Mirage comes with two hearts and the tiara. So what does that leave Blossom? It just seems like something flashes on her finger and that's it
garfield15
Save the life

Post by garfield15 »

takenoko wrote:I'm surprised at how much credit people gave the animators about the ending sequence. The first time I saw that, it was like "Oh okay. I guess we're not even going to bother to try to have an element of surprise anymore"
I honestly didn't think they were being that obvious. But then again, if they were spoiling Moonlight this early.

BTW, I love the CM's that are being added lately. Yeah, that's the Raw you get but still, they're great.
------------------

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Well it's not like Precure have ever been super secretive with their previews and titles. lol

But myeah, I expected a little bit more from Blossom's battle since they went through the trouble of making her fight 3 times longer than the others' and yet we ended up with the same conclusion. Well, I guess that now the kids know that they have to be extroverted and confident.

Also, those PJs must be the most distracting PJs ever. What kid would not spend his/her night staring at the glowing drawings?

I'll just-- leave this here.
garfield15
Save the life

Post by garfield15 »

^^Well, yeah. That's not really that shocking. There's always been a periphery demographic of adult men watching magical girl anime even as far back as Cardcaptor Sakura.
------------------

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Pedophiles!
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

The battle was amazing! I'm wondering the same thing as Take-sama, what does Blossom get from the Mirage?

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”