HC 44 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HC 44 released

Post by takenoko »

Image I like the caption that says "Produced by Toei. Fight, Cure Flower" and the young Coupe

Also, you might want to check out the bg for this comic:
http://www56.tok2.com/home/hoi/tokusatsu.f/443.html

I kind of don't like the "I'm the liar who knows a superhero who is eventually helped by the superhero I'm lying about" stories. Japan sure likes using them though

I like the dual eyes for the two Commanders. It looked genuinely menacing. What's truly great is when the eyes move so that they can look at each other when talking. Also, who knew that their combined powers would result in such a pretty crystal attack (for some reason crystals make me think of Sailor Moon though)
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: HC 44 released

Post by PHurricane »

I think I know what you mean. Even though the person (usually) learns their lesson by the end, it still feels like they're being rewarding for lying.

But man, there was some cool stuff in this episode. Hello Cure Flower! Even with the preview last week teasing her costume, I thought we'd be lucky if we got a full-body shot of Cure Flower and she stayed on screen for a few seconds. Not only did we get her in nearly half the episode, she got to showcase some really impressive attacks! They weren't just powerful - I guess it's clear now why she was able to subdue Dune by herself if that was only "the best she could do" for now - but pretty creative too. (And did the flower she was holding during her intro have eyes, or is it just my imagination?)

I think I remember someone commenting earlier in the season that Moonlight was the oldest Cure because she was the first Precure to be in high school. Yeah, that just got blown out of the water.

The blinking lights Erika was wearing all over her outfit cracked me up. I also laughed at her criticism that writing wishes and hanging them on a tree is supposed to for Tanabata instead of Christmas. At first, I was wondering if the little girl got her holidays mixed up.

I smacked myself in the head when they revealed at the end that the chuckling green haired kid is Dune. I was so pumped about Cure Flower showing up that I pretty much ignored when he walked past Tsubomi early on in the episode.

Fun episode. Erika still has one or two episodes that I love best because of how hysterical they are, but Cure Flower bumped this episode pretty high on my favorites list.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Damn, Cure Flower is that old-school kind of moe.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I dunno, I'm still not sure if I like this episode.
I mean, why did the street clerk get turned into a desertorian? His only "downtrodden-ness" was "Oh, I want a girlfriend. But that's okay, I can be creepy with my iphone poster of the precures" Also everything seemed to go too easy when Cure Flower came in. I get that she's supposed to be some "legendary cure" who defeated Dune but come on, aside from jumping straight to their overkill upgrade, the other cures barely did anything. I'd like to know how they plan on beating Dune when they've gotten their butts kicked two weeks in a row. >>
(And did the flower she was holding during her intro have eyes, or is it just my imagination?)
It did.
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Ah! garfield15! You do watch Precure. But yeah... Cure Flower definitely had something to her. Having the voice actress still kick hints of her older sounding voice was surprisingly pleasing to the ear. Her being so strong made sense to me since she apparently beat Dune by herself. It just shows you that while she can handle the 2 general fueled Desertorian, the other precures have a ways to go.

I have mixed feelings about the episode as well. It seems alot of things got mixed into this episode without much focus on any of it. It felt random. Which is weird to say for such a series with it's random MotW setup. The two general thing seemed like it needed it's own story and the random guy getting turned into the desertorian was very random. But I get how a lonely person can have a wilted heart flower. Kind of half ass but simple enough to get. Would have made more sense if the little girl or one of her family members became the desertorian.

As for the whole lying thing, I'm not really bothered by it. Like how the episode resolved it, the Precures could forgive the little girl for lying (cause she is still little and sometimes it gets out of hand when you start to lie), but in the end it's important to not lie and it's important that you come to that conclusion rather then just being told too.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”