HeartCatch 47 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch 47 released

Post by takenoko »

Why does a punch never mean a punch in HeartCatch? Let's think about this a moment. Is it because they're girls, so they can't ball up a fist and swing with them? No, they can't be it. They punch baddies all the time. Maybe they can't call it a body slam for whatever reason?
ryuzakiumi
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: HeartCatch 47 released

Post by ryuzakiumi »

Oh snap this episode was awesome. I mean everyone saw the plot twist coming from a mile away but it was still a pretty badass episode.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Nice. That episode did everything it needed to and did it with some style. Considering there were a lot of speeches, it moved really well. The first half, with Marine and the Sunshine band, got them set up for the finale and added some humor to the episode. Although it's a tad disturbing if you think about it for too long. The Sunakkii are just made of fabric and sand, so taking out the sand and wearing the fabric is...kinda icky.

Even though this is a show with a team of heroes, Tsubomi is clearly the lead and I loved the moment where she explained to Sabaaku how much she's grown. There was nothing groundbreaking or brand new in what she said, but it was a nice inspirational moment that felt all the more powerful with the instrumental of "Future Flower" underscoring the fight. And the effect it had on Moonlight, so that she casually stopped Dark Precure's next attack with just her hand, was pretty cool.

Chypre got her turn to hit an enemy leader, just like Potpourri and Coffret. I guess the writers didn't want her to feel left out.

Sabaaku being Yuri's father has been so obvious for so long that it's not really worth discussing. I wouldn't mind a little more explanation on why he created Dark Precure next episode, since the way he seemed confused/out of it after the mask was broken implies there's something more to his story.

The Moonlight/Dark Precure battle was very nice. I can forgive Yuri for repeating that speech again (3rd time? 4th time?) because I really love it. In terms of new speeches, I thought it was great that she told Dark Precure that she would never win because of the bond between the Precures. It was nice proof that Yuri has learned not to rely on just herself. And music makes all the difference for me. Moonlight's image song sounded great during the climactic battle. Nice beat, appropriate lyrics.

Silly aside: Right before Yuri transforms into Moonlight, there's a point where she says "From here on". When I was timing, I couldn't help but mentally fill in "it's my turn!" for the next part of the line a la GoseiKnight.

It'll be interesting to see the fallout with Dark Precure next week. I'm not sure if the purple heart that briefly appeared on her chest after Moonlight's attack was just a visual side effect of the attack hitting her, or if there's supposed to be some other symbolism like her obtaining a heart of her own. Should be interesting.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Yeah Sabaaku seemed confused and disoriented like he didn't know what was going on after the mask fell off...but at the same time, when Dark PreCure said that Sabaaku created her and Yuri's all "Is this true?" he turns his head like he's ashamed. Kinda curious how much he really knows.

Hey wait! If Coupe had the Heart Pot to re-energize Erika and Itsuki, how did Yuri have it to transform?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I wouldn't really describe Tsubomi as stopping the attack casually. This is something I noted while watching it, that since she's not Moonlight or Sunshine, she can't put up the energy shield, so she's taking the full brunt of that attack. She collapses from it afterwards, so it was a pretty big deal for Tsubomi to do that

I kind of feel like Sabaaku's confusion and silence was just another of those "hold off, we need to save the big reveal for later" bit. I dunno, he obviously was disoriented when the mask came off so he was under some sort of mind control. But just how much did he go along with the bad guys and why did he do it? Guess we'll find out in the next episode
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I think we're talking about two different parts of the fight, takenoko. Around 13:30, Dark Precure is physically attacking Moonlight and Moonlight manages to stop her in her tracks by catching her fist with one hand while her eyes are closed. I agree that Blossom overexerts herself when she shields Yuri a little later.

I wondered about that too, kaemmerite. I'm not sure Coupe had the heart pot. It didn't look like it had the lid portion.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I misread that. Yeah, I was thinking about a totally different scene

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”