HeartCatch finale: 49 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch finale: 49 released

Post by takenoko »

Picture from this website

For some reason I kept getting a Gundam vibe during the space battle

I think the resolution was pretty satisfying. Instead of summoning a giant Precure they become this massive gestalt of all their individual traits, this really is telling of what the true form of their power-up was meant to be. It was kind of fun to see the different aspects of the girls incorporated into the final form, plus the different colored eyes weren't as disturbing as Dark Precure's

Oh wait, I thought of one thing I didn't like. This show's main flaw seems to be having kinda lame attack names. (All-body punch?!) Can't the embodiment of all-love, all-power have a better attack name than "fist punch"?

And minor nitpick, it would have been nice if Dune had some explanation. If he hates stuff, why does he feel that way? Is he the embodiment of evil in the universe? Is he just some guy that had a bad day and gained supernatural powers? What's that thing on his shoulder! An enemy with a strong back story and an obvious reason for their actions is just a lot more compelling than some guy who's just evil because he's evil. Right, right, children's show. I'll shut up

I thought the epilogue was pretty satisfying too. Just talking about their future and their lives post-Precure and a little resolution on the Three Commanders was pretty good. The future Precure, maybe Tsubomi's daughter or granddaughter was a nice touch. I like a show ending with a message that there's always a need for a hero. (Although if that girl transformed, she'd be the youngest Precure yet)

That said, there's always stuff that one wishes to see in an ending. You can't have everything, but I still wish we had a quick look at how Ban-kun and the rest of the students were doing. We don't even see a single member of Erika's family. I guess Yuri's lived most her life without a father, but what's she doing after his death? Moonlight is the first Precure that we see in this series, so it would have been nice if we found out what Yuri as a normal person was doing. (This would have been the perfect opportunity to have Momoka show up)

I'm always kind of amazed by Erika's voice actress and Erika as a character herself. She's really kind of the viewer's Precure so to speak. She doesn't have a preset destiny of Precuredom by having a famous grandmother Precure, nor does she have Moonlight's tragic past or Itsuki's rigorous family expectations. She's just kind of an ordinary person who grounds the series' characters. And her fashion club is what brings them together when they're not being Precures. Sure, she's not voiced by the famous Hisakawa Aya or Mizuki Nana, but there have been so many times that I laughed over Erika's antics or the way she says things. I just think she's kind of impressive

And of course the whole series as a whole was really great. All the Precures really had their moments. They all had their back stories and no one felt superfluous. It was just a lot of fun to watch every week

Finally, there's still the movie to do and DX3. So it's not over yet, Snake! It's not over yet!
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Re: HeartCatch finale: 49 released

Post by garfield15 »

Ironically, I found Dune to be the weakest thing about the show. He was just so...vague.

Anyway, this was not bad for a finale, even though I feel it ended kind of abruptly. However, yeah, I wish we got some conclusion for the other characters as well. It's good to see Itsuki's brother's at full health and the Sand guys as humans (even though they didn't explain that even nearly well enough) but there was such a large cast of characters that I feel there could have been more.

The final scene was just kind of dragging and I feel that could be used to give more conclusion to the show that was good already.

But hey. Itsuki was pretty cute and the space battle was awesome. And we at least got an ending so it's not all bad at all. Overall, I really liked the show.

But we must now say goodbye

(I was wondering if Yuri was going to make that "We saved the world" pose)
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Heh, that's pretty funny. Watching this again for final qc, I'm reminded that we finally learn what they're talking about in the opening sequence. Would have been cool if the other stuff like with the camera girl or Itsuki was also played out

I wonder if it's symbolic for Tsubomi to be wearing glasses again. She's changed so much on the inside that she doesn't need to change her outside? Also, it's nice to see Itsuki with some moderately long hair. If Cobraja is some designer, maybe it would have been nice to have Erika discovering him. Leaving Tsubomi to run into Sasorina (I assume that's the childcare nursery that was showed in a previous episode)

Judging from their uniforms, I guess it's now summertime?

Oh, I didn't notice Infinite Precure crying at the end before. Kind of makes you wonder if Dune was actually just some dude who had a bad life and it just kind of spiraled out of control. It would have been nice if the Desert Apostles weren't an organization led by a man with no background and instead was just "Oh, sometimes people get depressed and turn to evil" thus explaining why Precures are always needed as the generations pass. Or maybe that's what the Desert Apostles are just whatever they call people who have fallen like that.
furyofdragons
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Quote: Life is a long path to a goal. Drop your heavy luggage and enjoy walking with your hands empty

Post by furyofdragons »

ah, so no word on if suite precure is going up for subs or not?

I liked this finale, it was nice, only problems i had were the punch (that was kinda lame...) and no backstory on dune,
but I enjoyed the series overall and I'm glad i decided to watch this on a whim, shame the movies are going to be here in quite some time

gmottl
Mega
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay

Post by gmottl »

i was wondering about suite too actually.

edit- it's not wonduring douche.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

it's always sad to see a show finally end. but at least this way i can watch the whole thing all together should i ever choose to. and did the "no more precure ever" mean that TvN doesn't plan to sub the new precure after this?
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

next precure looks like it's back to the old character art style =/

sigh*

This show is nice though. Will ya'll do blurays? I assume it's the RAW's fault but the henshin sequences look kinda blurry even for HD versions.
D-boy
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Faiz/W/000/HCPrecure
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Decade
My boom: Riders in general
Quote: Real Men watch HeartCatch! Precure, Open My Heart!
Location: not all here, and not all there... sometimes you'll find me somewhere else.

Post by D-boy »

This anime has been very satisfying. And while I love anime, there are very few that I can say that about. Yeah, some loose ends and characters that could have used a bit more spotlight at the end; but over all a great ending. The whole episode felt more like a wrap up, even the battle. I think the real battle was never really against Dune, but the cures against their own resolve (or something like that). Once they all had ante-up, the ending was in the bag.

At least that's the feeling I got from that last confrontation.

So basically, from that view point, the last battle was really last episode and this was just the epilogue with a little action. Does that take away from my love of this episode? Not a bit. I actually wish more shows had an epilogue episode. I mean, remember W 49? They could have left it at 48, but that last little bit helped seal W as one of the best Kamen Rider series I've seen so far. And, while I haven't really seen any of the other Precure save the fist four or five episodes of the original, I can say that this one really gave me everything I could have wanted out of a magic girl anime... Heck, more then what I wanted.

...Still say this show has more balls then Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, and Naruto combined.

Anyhoo. Great work with the subs once more you guys.

note about the splash: yeah, i drew it, very quick too. ^_^; i plan on doing more for tvn, but kinda regret this one a bit... mostly that i didn't soften the line art (which would have helped with feel i was going for) and the caption. i had so many better captions that i could have put there; or better yet, not have put any there in the first place ^_^; .... oh well. XD what's done is done, and for what it is, i'm happy to have been able to help. not that anyone really cares all that much about the splashes i guess (though i'd bet everyone would miss them if the guys were to stop using them X3 just, something about the splashes used here say 'tvnihon'. and i'm not just talking about the obvious.), but thought i'd mention this incase some of you where interested.
Shoutaro: "Are you dense? Are you retarded? I'm the God Damned Kamen Rider!!!"
-Kamen Rider W, as written by Frank Miller
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Wow it's over.
Thank you TV-Nihon for completing it.

I've been a die hard precure fan since the first Pretty Cure even helping out from time to time to get one or two episodes out. Precure always seems to have this curse of series not getting finished. I personally believe that if TV-Nihon had not given this series the it's attention it probably would have succumbed to the same fate.

I loved the ending. Yeah it sucks we don't get no real background but you know what we did get loads of Arc, BackStories and Adventures with the main cast. It's so much better that way.

The one thing I am going to miss about this series is probably the ending song, Tomorrow's Song. It is quite possibly the best ending song to a show in the world.

It's funny cause now the future looks kinda of scary when it comes to Precure. Suite looks alot like Fresh! Precure and while I do love Fresh, I ended up loving Heartcatch a HELLUVA lot more than Fresh. Tsubomi and Erika is just like a comedy duo I just could never get enough off.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

"Feel the love of the entire universe!" *punch*

Nice to see Itsuki in a female uniform though...and with a bit longer hair too.

Even though I wish there had been more backstory about the Desert Apostles and Dune, I liked this series overall. Really fun show.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

takenoko wrote:Can't the embodiment of all-love, all-power have a better attack name than "fist punch"?
Hey, at least it actually was a punch this time.

This series had a lot of heart, and that's exactly the message it finished with. Tsubomi's narration at the end was genuinely sweet and heartwarming. I love that one of the last images we have of the series is the photograph of the team shortly before they went to fight Dune. I even like the symbolism of the four flowers on the frame reminscent of the border from the eyecatch, with one significant adjustment - a second, smaller pink flower layered on top of the pink flower. I'm assuming it's for the young girl holding the Perfume in the final shot which, if the hairstyle is reliable, is Futaba.

(Can you imagine the stories she grew up listening to from Tsubomi and Erika about the Heartcatch Precure? Well, mostly Erika...)

I find it ironic that my biggest criticism at the beginning of this series, the art style, ended up being one of the most endearing aspects of the show by the end. There wasn't a lot of substance in the final "battle", but it was still really beautiful. I particularly liked how the stars and planets were reflected in Mugen Precure's eyes.

I generally agree with the criticism of Dune and the villains. The pacing of the story didn't really allow for any deeper explanation, but I would have liked more explanation about Dune's background. It's almost like he didn't get a backstory because he was off-screen so much. If you think of the story as being told through Tsubomi's eyes, maybe we didn't learn Dune's background because she didn't know it. That doesn't explain why we got to glimpse the other villains as they went about their weekly plotting, but I suppose it's an explanation.

The glimpse of life-after-Dune was neat. I would place it sometime in August or September, since Futaba is a newborn. Itsuki finally looked a girl! That was pretty momentous. Erika was hilarious to watch, right to the end. Yuri...her future was as ambiguous as her past, but I have a feeling she'd keep the closest eye on the sapling Great Heart Tree. Tsubomi's new goal to become an astronaut and make flowers bloom in space was a nice blend of her lifelong fascination with flowers and her experiences as a Precure.

I was really satisfied with the ending. I'm glad I gave the series a chance.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, from the yellowing I assumed generations had passed and that was Tsubomi's granddaughter or something. Seemed to make sense since that was the difference last time. It could be Futaba, by the time she grows up, it should still be 6-7 years. Tsubomi would be an adult by then and probably be busy with her life

What's the name of that yellow color for old photos? Oh, sepia. Of course it comes to me now

Anyway, hopefully Futaba shows up in DX3 or something
Aiko-san
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Aiko-san »

Aeikozz wrote:Wow it's over.
It's funny cause now the future looks kinda of scary when it comes to Precure. Suite looks alot like Fresh! Precure and while I do love Fresh, I ended up loving Heartcatch a HELLUVA lot more than Fresh.
Dude, first of all Suite is not Fresh. Second, what do you mean the future of Precure is scary!? I saw the first episode of Suite and it was GOOD. If you were to see their transformation... WOW.
You can watch the henshin here (low quality though. For HQ go to youtube LOL)
Too bad that Yes! PreCure 5 and Rockman got canceled... especially Rockman.
Wish I had the raw episodes of Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z and the textless themes... Can anyone help me out with that? Please?
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Aiko-san wrote:
Aeikozz wrote:Wow it's over.
It's funny cause now the future looks kinda of scary when it comes to Precure. Suite looks alot like Fresh! Precure and while I do love Fresh, I ended up loving Heartcatch a HELLUVA lot more than Fresh.
Dude, first of all Suite is not Fresh. Second, what do you mean the future of Precure is scary!? I saw the first episode of Suite and it was GOOD. If you were to see their transformation... WOW.
You can watch the henshin here (low quality though. For HQ go to youtube LOL)

lol anyone else getting a Kamen rider W vibe with the Fairy Tones?

It could happen!
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I have a theory about Dune. During the epilogue Tsubomi wished to someday make flowers bloom on planets without vegetation. This wish reminded her of the battle with Dune. It might be a coincidence but it could mean that Dune was actually an alien from a desert planet.

Overall, I was pleased with how HeartCatch tried to take the magical girl formula in new directions.

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”