HeartCatch the Movie

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch the Movie

Post by takenoko »

First, I love the music that they use in the movie. The TV show background music is pretty good too, and this is no exception. Like the first scene where Loup Garou is running on the rooftops away from the Bat Sunakkii. Beautiful scenery, beautiful music. Another instance of this was in the Salamander and Moonlight fight.

The sequence with Itsuki and Erika transforming together is very nice. Kind of wish they mixed and matched those transformation sequences more. It's still stock footage, but the little bits to integrate them make a big difference. Blue and gold just work well together.

It's amazing that they knew that was a wolf in the Heart Flower. It looks more like a dragon to me. Maybe they had peaked at the script beforehand. Seems kind of weird that Blossom only realizes that Olivier is the werewolf at 57 minutes in.

At around 18:52 Salamander psyches out the Precures by starting with "yoroshiku" (pleased to meet you) but ending it with "shitakunai" which amounts to "not". Couldn't think of a good way to preserve the fake out, so I'm just noting it here.

When I talk about the movie with the QCers they really liked how fleshed out the villains are. They have their reasons for distrusting and hating the human world, and they're both sympathetic and interesting. They're far from being cartoonish, two dimensional villains in a kid's movie. If we had to put them on the Dungeons and Dragons chart of alignment, I'd guess Olivier is neutral of some sort while Salamander is orderly evil.

It's interesting that Cure Ange wore a mask, and then Salamander wears a half one in the present day. Is that ever explained? I'm guessing he's blind in the left eye.

Olivier is voiced by Ootani Ikue 大谷育江. She's Pikachu, as well as Gash in Gash Bell and Himeko from Hime-chan no Ribbon

You know, rewatching this. I guess Olivier can speak Japanese since we see him next to a box of mandarins written in Japanese. Hmmm, but what about the lady that Itsuki picked the dress up from? Maybe she spoke French and Olivier acted as a translator?

What do you suppose Salamander says to Olivier 55:35 into the movie when Olivier is flying backwards? Probably "gomen" would be the most logical thing.

It's always funny how Precure seems to treat their movies like a live show. "Come on kids, join in!"

Kind of wish they included a no credit version of the ending
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: HeartCatch the Movie

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just remember something from watching xxxHolic. There was a fox in the anime called a pipe fox looked like the wolf in the Heart Flower. I know one is a fox and the other is a wolf but it's a similar concept. Also, the fairies have the ability to see the Heart Flower of a person as well.

As for the mask thing, most of the past Cures seem to have a similar mask. I think Dune was the one who made Baron's left eye blind as punishment.

I was trying to recall where I heard Oliver before and it was Gash is where I heard the voice before.

As for Salamander's VA, Keiji Fujiwara, he's probably most famous for being Maes Hughes in Full Metal Alchemist and most recently, Tony Stark, in the Iron Man anime.

It's just funny to me that Blossom had to fix her hair before transforming into Super Silhouette mode.
furyofdragons
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Quote: Life is a long path to a goal. Drop your heavy luggage and enjoy walking with your hands empty

Post by furyofdragons »

i was hoping for some sort of deep relationship with cure moonlight and baron, but the story of the past was interesting

this movie was quite nice and gave a good amount of nostalgia. the comical relief was great
TandooriJones
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: GameCenter CX

Post by TandooriJones »

takenoko wrote:Kind of wish they included a no credit version of the ending
This is the greatest tragedy.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

Woah!!! Thank you guys so much for the release! It just so happens that my finals will be over in another two days, so this will be a perfect way to celebrate! (^o^) Man, I simply adore Heartcatch Precure. Suite is just not as good...
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

Actar wrote:Woah!!! Thank you guys so much for the release! It just so happens that my finals will be over in another two days, so this will be a perfect way to celebrate! (^o^) Man, I simply adore Heartcatch Precure. Suite is just not as good...
Indeed. Suite has some impressive looking stock footage but the rest isn't that great =/

Glad this is finally out. I guess Tv-n is caught up with the backlog of recent movies (If you consider KR Accel not a 'movie')?

one day they will pull a fast one in which the lights you get at the theater won't help the precures beat up the baddy ;)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, Accel is going to be about the same work for the movie, so in that sense it won't be any different
chickdigger802
7X

Post by chickdigger802 »

takenoko wrote:Well, Accel is going to be about the same work for the movie, so in that sense it won't be any different
well... have fun! And is it just me or does the font seem a bit bigger? And no karaoke for the opening/ending? A bit unusual for Tv-n, or is it a bug o_O
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I didn't think it was worth putting in the karaoke with all the stuff going on in the opening/ending. It's just the regular opening/ending song with some stuff added
Kamen_Rider_Chojin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto

Post by Kamen_Rider_Chojin »

It was good movie! The plot was interesting, animation was well presented and the music is great. Overall, Great movie!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Decent enough, but it kind of fell flat from the high expectations I had during the series. I didn't really like either of the villains, and Salamander doesn't seem to have changed his opinion about the world, so the whole fight felt like it served no purpose in the end.

The quality of the animation was still top-notch. I'm also terribly disappointed that no creditless version of the ending exists. There was some cool stuff in that. I think this was also the first time that I liked all of the featured fashion/styling. The characters (even Coupe!) looked great.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

takenoko wrote:I didn't think it was worth putting in the karaoke with all the stuff going on in the opening/ending. It's just the regular opening/ending song with some stuff added

I kinda wished you did, yes i realize my wishes are pretty much trivial, but there did format the songs different than usual. it makes the opening and ending look kinda, unfinished. Tomorrow Song is an awesome song and although I thought I knew it apparently that was also changed for the movie. Kinda disappointed in this.

A good example of this is in the recent Sentai Team Up it was included in it's own separate file. Kinda feels like the thought behind this was eh, it's just precure who cares.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If you're okay with the karaoke being on a separate file, you may as well just look it up from the TV episode. My general reasoning is that if there's something unique and interesting going on in the video, it's probably better to not add karaoke (or keep it super subtle). Like I said, there was no creditless version of the op/ed or it would have been included as a separate file, I probably would have added karaoke to those if they existed

Lyrics for the movie:
http://kashinavi.com/song_view.html?47938

http://kashinavi.com/song_view.html?47937
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Kinda-maybe off topic, but apparently some children's media magazine nominated this as one of the best kids' movies of the last couple years or somesuch. And it's not even a Japanese magazine!

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”