Daimajin Kanon 17 released

A modern day fable. Also, a joint project with Skewed-Studios!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Daimajin Kanon 17 released

Post by takenoko »

Is Kurara's mother a master kidnapper or something? What was with that sequence?

I like how Taihei and Kanon just stand by while the mom takes Kurara out of the country. It's really the mark of a dumb story that the only way for it to progress is when the main characters act like idiots.

I mean, I get that it's supposed to be a fairy tale and that sometimes such tales are a teaching story. Kanon's dad warned his daughter several times, and Kanon didn't listen which lead to this tragedy.

But something that also lead to this tragedy was standing dumbfounded as Kurara was put in a car, her mother packed their things, and then them driving away before going "durr, after her! No wait, pick up the phone, that's more important". That's fucking terrible writing. And as the end of the second part, does that mean we'll never see how this substory ends?
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Daimajin Kanon 17 released

Post by ReversedSentai »

Man, after watching this episode, I was really left speechless... and not in a good way.

I enjoy seeing how Kurara opened up to Kanon in a way that she can't open up to her mother. Kurara's past is quite sad, I'll say that. Having lost your father and then being forced to put up with your mother's selfish desire is quite something. It was pretty upsetting how Kanon stopped to pick up a broken cellphone instead of trying to chase after the car. The cellphone's broken, we know, now chase after them! I really want to see how this turns out, because this is quite an upsetting cliffhanger. Does the girl come back? Does her feelings ever reach her mother? Does she break free from her mother's selfish desire? Does Kanon ever see her again?

Return to “DaiMajin Kanon”