DaiMajin Kanon 1 Released

A modern day fable. Also, a joint project with Skewed-Studios!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: DaiMajin Kanon 1 Released

Post by PHurricane »

JumperPrime wrote:Am I mistaken, or is the guy that kept walking by without stopping when the fruit got dropped the same actor that played Chiaki on Shinkenger?
I did a double-take too, but no. His name is Shimegi Enoku.

I really liked it. It has a different feeling to it than the other toku productions I've watched, which I realize after reading through this thread is because it technically doesn't belong to the tokusatsu genre. I'm not sure what to expect next, and I like that. It's the tradition of Kamen Rider and Sentai that draw me back to series after series, but it also makes those shows predictable. I'm looking forward to a more mature story mixed with a little bit of the supernatural.

Buchinko's hiding spot makes me laugh. Just when I think I've seen everything Japan can come up with, they pull out something else. Nice to see Nao again. I've lost track of how many series I've watched where she makes at least a guest appearance - 6 or 7?
Kagali wrote:For anyone interested in knowing, the series planner and one of the head writers on Kamen Rider Hibiki is the head writer on this project, and you might be able to notice a similar style of cinematography and character development.
That is pretty interesting. If I had to compare this to any show I've already watched, I would have said Hibiki. There was something about the scene where Taihei returns the trash to the car driver that reminded me of the way Hibiki would act - a warrior, but a big kid at heart. Plus, they've already established the importance of music. Neat to know.
Unrefined-Nemesis
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Series
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Unrefined-Nemesis »

The music so far has been a guilty pleasure, between I didn't see Nao in the episode -.- did i miss her somewhere.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

^Dude, I think you got your vid player's censorship on. :P
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Kagali wrote:For anyone interested in knowing, the series planner and one of the head writers on Kamen Rider Hibiki is the head writer on this project, and you might be able to notice a similar style of cinematography and character development.
Ah, that would explain the Hibiki like vibe I got from the episode. It just kind of felt like one only with most of the sound effects removed, you know in a good way.

Man, to be honest this was a lot funnier than I expected it to be. Somehow I was expecting it to be all serious, and introspective, and moody, but the comedic elements were pretty nice I felt... You know, leaving aside how used everyone seems to be to very oddly dressed people wandering around sniffing the air in Tokyo XP

Over all I'm looking forward to the next episode.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
vitor
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by vitor »

Wonderful series guys! Thanks so much for taking the time to sub it

I'm eagerly looking forward to the next release!
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

...Ah. Well, having judged the show for the introduction, I forgot I already judged it and kept watching to the end of the episode. Having done so, I don't really agree with whatsisdrinkit what said nothing significant happened.

Sure, Hibikattler didn't fight, but it established that he'll be the Recca/Elk/Hibikattler of the show. Also, he dresses cool-like and knows when you polluting because he's cool like that. And he's pals with the eyeball thing from Kitaro who's R2-D2 now and also some boob lady I don't object to being there for the sake of boob lady. Also established was the apparently common knowledge that the main girl's the only one who can summon King Caesar with her singing. Which will apparently cause the mirror world to go crazy, I dunno, odd dream sequence. Also, there's Friar Kaido & crew roaming about hunting demons I guess. And said Friar Kaido's actually protoman! And he kicks ass, even though he gets his ass kicked by a rock 'n roll wraith.
Sushi Samurai
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Sushi Samurai »

Is the red warrior white? Or is he Asian? Or both? I kept wandering about that...

I've notice in all of the Japanese shows I watch, they loosely use actors of another race. Even if it is like an American character, they are always Asian. The only time I have seen a foreign actor get a lot of play in an episode is during Keitai Sousakan 7 when that French lady came into play.

NOTE: Not being racist, I have just notice this after watching so many Japanese shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>I've notice in all of the Japanese shows I watch, they loosely use actors of another race. Even if it is like an American character, they are always Asian. The only time I have seen a foreign actor get a lot of play in an episode is during Keitai Sousakan 7 when that French lady came into play.

Really? I feel like I see a lot of foreigners in dramas. Like Mark Musashi in Cutie Honey or those black and white people on the space station in MegaRanger
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Sushi Samurai wrote:Is the red warrior white? Or is he Asian? Or both? I kept wandering about that...
No use wondering. Look it up XP.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Dark Shadow

Post by Dark Shadow »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Azazel wrote:I also find the opening and ending songs enjoyable, nice and melodic.
I'll say what I've been saying about the OP song since I first heard it. It sounds like something you'd hear from the type of music Bette Midler or Cyndi Lauper sing and I love it.
I like the opening song as well. I've been trying to buy it (I've searched CDJapan) but it appears that it was not released. Usually all of these shows release some kind of soundtrack. When I search for Ryoko Moriyama, I can't find this song. Has anybody else had any luck?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Apparently Kanon is super obscure, since it's really hard to find information and stuff about it. I haven't seen any soundtracks released either

Well, except this one:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%81%82%E3%81 ... 578&sr=1-1
Dark Shadow

Post by Dark Shadow »

takenoko wrote:Apparently Kanon is super obscure, since it's really hard to find information and stuff about it. I haven't seen any soundtracks released either

Well, except this one:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%81%82%E3%81 ... 578&sr=1-1
That's a bummer. I did manage to find that CD single released by Lia on Amazon. It's also available from CDJapan. I may have to order a copy.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

The soundtrack was packaged exclusively with the first volume of the Blu-ray box set. I've never seen a tracklisting for that CD, but I would expect there's a good chance the opening theme was included in that.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%A4%A7%E9%AD ... 407&sr=8-3

For a show that revolves around music, it's ridiculously hard to find the music from the show. Maybe when they're done releasing the series (the third box doesn't come out until late April), they'll make the music available individually. Maybe not.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh man, that's so dumb. The Bluray set that costs over 200 dollars

特典(2)オリジナルサウンドトラック…本編の中でも重要な役割を担うカノンの挿入歌やBGMの数々を今回は特別に収録。ここでしか手に入らない超貴重品!

Bonus 2, original soundtrack. A special recording of the songs and BGM in Kanon. It's a super precious item that you can only obtain here!

In the comments on Amazon some guy commented about buying this just to get the CD:
でも、CDには期待していたキャスト自身が歌う挿入歌が一切入っていませんでした。(プロが歌った「いのりうた」のみ)
The CD I was looking forward to didn't have a single song sung by the cast in it (A pro sings the Prayer Song)

今後発売予定のBOXにはサントラCDが付かないようなので、どうやらこちらが一番聴きたかったサキの歌その他は、CDとして日の目を見ることはないみたいです。
The upcoming boxes don't seem to contain a soundtrack CD, so it looks like I'll never get to see a CD with Saki's song nor the others

So there you go
h3ru1980

Ask?

Post by h3ru1980 »

[snip]
Last edited by XIII on Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: we dont do music

Return to “DaiMajin Kanon”