DaiMajin Kanon 1 Released

A modern day fable. Also, a joint project with Skewed-Studios!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Re: DaiMajin Kanon 1 Released

Post by Deka_Hero »

I don't get this series....
So it's like about some Giant stone thing and the girl who sing's a song to awaken said stone thing.
Then there are these people who dress like its still the 17th century and can turn into Oni like things to fight a Class 5 Possessor.

It's pretty Folkish and lacks many of the Toku mainstays, which put's me off a little.
When i think adult toku, i think Garo: Dark, Twisted, Violent as hell Nightmare Fuel with a certified Badass as the lead.

But i guess ill give it some time, to be far Garo didn't win me over first episode ether.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

First off; loved the music. Love it, love it , LOVE IT!!XD(goes to rewatch ep 1 for the music and songs). Also, I was always fascinated by folklore and the occult, so something like this really intrigues me. Please more Daimajin Kanon :D .

I usually don't like much fanservice in a show, so I was a bit disconcerted at Nao's appearance and the sheer amount of fanservice in one episode. Ah well, gotta hook those viewers with something, huh?
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Deka_Hero, the problem you seem to have is you appear to have confused this as a toku show which it is not, this is a JDrama show with slight undertones of toku, but for all intense purposes its a JDrama show.

I didnt even know it was Nao when I first timed this through, it was only after SC pointed it out I noticed, but I dont think she has been sexed up that much, showing some flesh is nothing, heck look at the female sentai team members these days, they show about the same amount of flesh, probably more at times.

It is a nice relaxed show compared to other shows, it gives it a more pleasing feel to it.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

mmmm I like me some Nao.

So basically, this is one of those shows where nothing significant happens in the first episode? We really only get an extraordinarily brief introduction to Kanon. I feel like she isn't even the focus of the first episode, though.

Still looking forward to it though. I always wished TVN did more drama stuff.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Well, I only watched the opening, as that's the only fair way to judge a new show. From that I can tell that its about Hibiki, disguised as Casshernbattler V, protecting the girl who sung that "get down" nicovideo thing from the evil forces of up-and-coming j-pop bands, a wraith, some manimals, old people's facial hair, and that harpy bitch from devilman. Oh, and it look like there's that sword that turns people evil from JoJo's Bizarre adventure. And a little girl who can tell when the theme's playing. Get Down Girl's also pals with that eyeball guy from Gegege No Kitaro. Presumably because she is Kitaro and there's been some sort of gender swap. Also, the aforementioned j-pop bands are trying to advent to the top, as that's what the kids are jive to going for these days. And Casshibikattler V's girl who may or may not actually be Kitaro is also a summoner whose ultimate goal is to call Daimajin to fight some iteration of Hel from the Shin Megami Tensei series, who's apparently been humping Sin from Final Fantasy 10...its a good opening, which means it will doubtless be a good show. I don't see what's not to get, though...

Edit - Did I forget to mention the essential thumb war with Chaos from Sonic Adventure? They need Daimajin for that, too.
tennomichi
Salami Commander
Favorite series: deka,shinken,bouken
2nd Favorite Series: KR 電王,W,DCD
Dreamy: 矢島舞身、鈴木愛理、中島早貴
Favorite Actor?: yama-p
Favorite Band: MIWA,℃-ute,Buono!
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: This forum and fb
Quote: 東洋の魔女?ー鈴木&梅田

Post by tennomichi »

Thanks for all your hard work Skewed staff and TV-Nihon staff!

i didn't really get the idea of what this is about but i suppose episode 2 will be better

ok that scene where she was sleeping was kinda (O.o) to me

if i was that truck driver... who wouldn't act the same?

The action scene was quite fast, my eyes couldn't follow what was going on between them but it was awesome.

hopefully the series will be explained more in the second ep.
オレは天の道を行き全てを司る男
i think i learned my lesson
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

I am not sure what to think of this show...

I guess like other viewers, I will have to watch more ep then to understand it better. However, I think there are enough interesting factors for me to continue watch. Not often you get a jdrama with fighting combined with supernatural scenes or whatever, so hopefully it will be an exciting trip for us all.

Can I say "Ouch" when that white dude get hit in the head? Dunno if watching many toku shows make one think that helmet would protect person some, but to see him being knocked out cold for a moment, kinda made me go "...Eh? Wha-...ouch."
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Kagali
Infinity

Post by Kagali »

This was a really good first episode, quite unique in its approach and I love seeing Nao in another series.

For anyone interested in knowing, the series planner and one of the head writers on Kamen Rider Hibiki is the head writer on this project, and you might be able to notice a similar style of cinematography and character development.

A side note: I find it very interesting that despite the spelling differences, every episode title is phonetically read as "Kanon" according to the show's main website.
Nova
7X
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Nova »

Yeah! A new tokusatsu show :)
Loved the first episode, liked the darkness of the enemy. And those warriors are quite awesome, nice 'henshin' form.
And Nao Nagasawa is soo sexy :wink:
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Sure, people dressed weirdly and running around in the streets of Tokyo. Totally normal. I mean they could just be cosplayers!

Not too sure what to say about the show. Sure looks interesting enough to catch my attention though. Wonder what the next episode will be like?

Oh yeah. Hibiki vibe. LOL.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Well this series already won me over, i don't watch Jdrama stuff much, cause i was under the impression that this one will bore me with all that lovey-dovey-teary crap that drama series' usually offers -well those that i've seen so far anyways-, but i guess i was wrong LOL!, good thing i decided to check this one out ... the atmosphere, the mysterious events that would eventually unfold, the characters (specially Kanon who is still a mystery to me), the monsters, the presentation, the "whoa-that-guy-henshined" bit, almost everything was top notch IMHO, there are a lot of good stuff in this show, BTW, just to note a few, that evil stare by that murderer guy featured in the TV really freaked me out, and that "push scene" was WHOA CRAP!, no wonder this is on the late night slot, this is definitely one for the adults and teens, anyways, i liked how this very first episode went, i was kinda left in the dark with what's all the fuss is about but i got the gist of it, hopefully the second episode will explain more and i'm expecting it to be as good storywise ... don't really care much if this one doesn't have too much flashy fighting cause that's what tokusatsu is for, as long as there is a really really good story to keep me glued to this one then i'm one happy viewer.

And yeah, thanks and kudos to T-N & SkewedS for subbing this awesome show, you guys rock :)
Sushi Samurai
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Sushi Samurai »

Love the show so far! But are all episodes going to be subbed between both sites? or will one site take over?
JumperPrime
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Wakana
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Bulletstorm
Quote: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Post by JumperPrime »

Am I mistaken, or is the guy that kept walking by without stopping when the fruit got dropped the same actor that played Chiaki on Shinkenger?
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

its quite an interesting show... it has a good appeal to both males and females with its premise... the thing that probably puts me out on dramas is those cheesy scenes and lines but i haven't seen some as of yet... this show mixes both worlds i guess... i don't really mind the thing's regarding the girl's lovelife but the fan service and fights including the overall atmosphere has gotten my attention...
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Sushi Samurai wrote:Love the show so far! But are all episodes going to be subbed between both sites? or will one site take over?
its a joint project till the end
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “DaiMajin Kanon”