Turbo Red 1
Adventure
Favorite series: Geki/Shinken
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Mass Effect Trilogy
Quote: "One should only shoot if they're prepared to be shot as well." -Narumi Soukichi

Re: OOO Wonderful Movie released

Post by Turbo Red 1 »

So if I had to fit this into the series, in between what episodes would this take place?
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

PHurricane wrote:Only one thing bugged me - why did Uva give up three medals when OOO was already using one of his? You'd think the Greeed would want to hold onto as many of their Cores as possible.
What bugged me more was the scene after that. While in Tatoba combo, Eiji removed his 1st Batta medal and replaced it with the 2nd Batta medal (Uva's gift) in order to transform into Gatakiriba combo. He could just have replaced the Taka and Tora medals with the Kuwagata and Kamakiri medals without having to replaced the 1st Batta medal with the 2nd Batta (Uva's gift) at all, right.
Lunagel wrote:Guess this makes the Birth belt a slut belt.
Slut belt, eh. The Birth belt only adding to the previous collection:
-
Spoiler
Agito (Shoichi and ), G3 (Hikawa and )
- Ryuki deck: Shinji, the previous user
- Faiz gear: Takumi, Kiba, Cactus Orphenoch; Kaixa gear: Kusaka, Kiba; Delta gear: Mihara, Kitazaki
- The Bee brace: Yaguruma, Kagami, Kageyama; Drake grip: Daisuke, Daigo the Native; Sasword blade: Tsurugi, Daigo the Native
- Den-O belt+pass: Ryotaro, The Imagins independently (without Ryotaro)
- Ixa belt+knuckle: Nago, Megumi, Kengo, Otoya, Yuri, Jirou, Rook, Spider Fangire; Yami no Kiva Kivat-Bat the 2nd: Fangire King, Otoya, Taiga
Turbo Red 1 wrote:So if I had to fit this into the series, in between what episodes would this take place?
About 50th to the 53rd eps.
Leonite Rider wrote:Of course, I could point out the plot holes of trying to fit this into ordinary canon... and I will!
The all-riders-in-one-universe-is-canon-theory nut strikes back!!!
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

i must admit this was a fairly entertaining movie, even if it didn´t fit into the canon of the series, the movie is fun enough that i am just going to pretend it does and stop worrying.

Date and gotou had minor roles in the movie, but given how much of the series focused on them, i really don´t mind, they did what they needed to do, and eiji transforming into Birth was a nice fanservice, though i did find it odd that they didn´t include a scene with gotou transforming into birth, just for the sake of it, but then again, it wasn´t really needed given the roles of those two.

I suspected the relationship of the kid with gara since the first scene, and luckily they didn´t played to much with it, this kind of sub-plots can easily become really cheesy, but this one didn´t. It was simple and went along well with the whole family theme of the movie. As a matter of fact the whole family aspect was really well done, it developed eiji´s character nicely while remaining true to the series. Though i must note that ankh´s role was also really small in this movie, but then again, he was so important in the series that i really don´t mind, it was nice that this movie focused mostly on Eiji.

And how could i forget tha star of the movie, Cake Boss really cranked it up to eleven with his performance, is nice to know a little more about who he is since the series didn´t even give a proper explanation, this gives a little more sense to his character (but just a little), and the way he used eiji to prove how desire will bring a new world was nicely done and completely true to his character. When it comes to non-canon movies i always fear the changes that they make to the characters, but it this case they knew how to focus on the aspects we didn´t get in the series and remained true to said characters, not only their personalities but also their motivations.

I expected a little more screen time from the shogun, but what they did with him was okay, he did what he needed to do, and now that i think about it, his type of character usually requires a lot of screen time to make it shine, that would have taken a lot of time for the rest of the movie so his appearance was good, it fullfilled a role without deviating the story too much.

Also, is this shogun the same character from the Heartcatch Musical? they did seemed really similar and they were both refered as Shin, if he is an historical figure it would not surprise me if they were indeed based in the same person.

Overall a really good movie, not being tied to the canon of the series really helped to make his own story without betraying the esence of the characters, it was quite enjoyable. Thanks for the release!!!
criches1984
Number 6
Number 6

Post by criches1984 »

Turbo Red 1 wrote:So if I had to fit this into the series, in between what episodes would this take place?
I does not fit anywhere within the series as at no time Eiji has:

5 Purple Cores
5 Red Cores
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

PHurricane wrote: Only one thing bugged me - why did Uva give up three medals when OOO was already using one of his? You'd think the Greeed would want to hold onto as many of their Cores as possible.
Probably he and the other three agreed to do it. They wanted the monster destroyed, and probably knew it has a set of every combo. So they decided to give eiji the medals to combine with the gatakiriba combo so he could stand a chance. BUT, mezool and Gamel, the only ones Eiji didn't have medals at the time, weren't willing to do so unless the other two gave three medals too(a little revenge for the whole Betray thing...).
That's how i see it. After all, i believe the whole reason for this movie was "hey! let's have eiji use every combo at the same time" which is cool with me and i'm willing to ignore it just to see it.
btw, even in thye credits kougami is hammy xD
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

Actually, the reason Uva and kazari gave OOO three medals each is because Eiji needed 4 yellow, green and red medals(which he took from the Gara-Bird) to do all the combos, that is 3 for Gatakiriba, 3 for latoratah, 3 for tajador and 1 of each type for Tatoba Combo.
Locuas wrote:i believe the whole reason for this movie was "hey! let's have eiji use every combo at the same time" which is cool with me and i'm willing to ignore it just to see it.
You have just discovered the reason behind the existence of every KR movie since Den-O.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

sorry, i don't watch a lot of the rider's movies(only W's and three of den-o).
and, about the medals,yeah, but, to be honest, TaToBa sucks. there isn't any real reason for Eiji to use it in the battle except for having ALL the combos
Spoiler
minus tamashi
at the same time(okay, you can argue that against a dragon, you need all the help you can get). and i don't think those two would gave their medals just for that.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Weren't the Imagin and Shocker medals used up after 1 use?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

criches1984 wrote:

5 Purple Cores
5 Red Cores
what show were you watching? until he used them up at the end for the giga scan, eiji always had at least 5 purple cores. he had 5, maki had the other 5.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Dengar wrote:Weren't the Imagin and Shocker medals used up after 1 use?
yes they were dissolved into thin air at the end of Let's Go Kamen Riders movie.
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:
criches1984 wrote:

5 Purple Cores
5 Red Cores
what show were you watching? until he used them up at the end for the giga scan, eiji always had at least 5 purple cores. he had 5, maki had the other 5.
The point he's making is he never had both the purples and the reds at the same time.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
criches1984
Number 6
Number 6

Post by criches1984 »

Magenta wrote:
The point he's making is he never had both the purples and the reds at the same time.
Right, that's what I meant, by the time Eiji had 5 Red Cores Maki had placed an additional two Purple cores in him so he would not have required a purple core from the greed at the end.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Abarenbo Shogun was a great series. Not something I'm a rabid fan of, but it was always on and always entertaining. Seeing the Shogun here was really weird, though. Distractingly so. Imagine watching the new Underworld movie when suddenly the original cast of Law and Order comes in and takes all the werewolves to jail. That's what this was like. Still, it was cool.

If you want to watch this within the series itself, watch it right after Eiji goes berserk with PuToTyra for the first time.

For people asking about the other Medals, the Black Cores were made by Kougami/Maki and thus don't count. The Orange Cores aren't part of the machine and I'm not sure why.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

criches1984 wrote:
Magenta wrote:
Right, that's what I meant, by the time Eiji had 5 Red Cores Maki had placed an additional two Purple cores in him so he would not have required a purple core from the greed at the end.
ooooh. i'm sorry. the way you worded it, i thought you meant that eiji had never had 5 purple medals at once or 5 reds at once. had you said "5 purple medals AND 5 red medals" i'd have understood. sorry for the confusion.
Therm_Kitty wrote:The Orange Cores aren't part of the machine and I'm not sure why.
if by "machine" you mean that tablet thing Gara put all the medals in, yes they are. you can see it in the web movies when they show where the medals go. Gara's the one that made those medals, so it'd make sense for him to have his own set.
psychogoatee
Infinity
Favorite series: 555
Dreamy: Cutie Honey
Favorite Band: Elvenking
My boom: Metal Gear

Post by psychogoatee »

Thanks for the release! I'm behind on my toku watching so I'm not even done with OOO yet, so this'll slide in nicely.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”