Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR OOO Hyper Battle Video

Post by takenoko »

Enter and exit the Kangaroo Medal!

Hope you guys still remember the Japanese names for the animals. If not, consider this a refresher.

And finally, I hope Fourze's isn't also an adventure DVD.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: KR OOO Hyper Battle Video

Post by ReversedSentai »

This was a nice special. Watching Hina, Eiji, and Ankh do the kangaroo dance together was very cute.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The HBVs are weird, but still, that was weirder than most. At least we got to see Hina actually use her strength for something important, which is something the series never really did. And the MJ moment was worth a chuckle.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Looks like part 3 gets out of sync at the end. I won't be able to reencode that for a day or two since I'm encoding Mega Max (spoilers) so maybe not burn those to your CD optical discs until we get out a version 2 of that.
Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Leonite Rider »

Eh, HBV is goofy, nothing new.

What is interesting is the fact that the Kangaroo Medal storyline, if changed to make more sense, could've actually been fleshed out into a two part episode arc. Someone tries to make a new medal, their desire is helping a copycat Yummy wreck havoc, and Eii and Ankh are arguing with one another... and whats worse, this monster seems to be literally unaffected by any song combo but Tatoba, and is extremely hard for Birth to face off against. meanwhile, Hina decides to try and find the source of the Yummies, seeing as her super strength does affect them, leading her to getting the Kangaroo medal, in time to help Eii and Ankh save the day... only for, after a scanning charge, the medal to fade away, having ben unstable to begin with.

Or not. I am tired at the moment, so it might just be me.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

Watching this is exactly like watching Dora the Explorer. xD Felt like that cereal guy meme.

Zou is surprisingly useless outside of the SoGOZOU combo. xD

And I actually find it kind of funny that the Yummy found the medal in that magazine(whose name escapes me at the moment.).
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

ViRGE wrote:The HBVs are weird, but still, that was weirder than most. At least we got to see Hina actually use her strength for something important, which is something the series never really did. And the MJ moment was worth a chuckle.
I dunno, the Faiz one was much, much weirder.
CeronosLive wrote:And I actually find it kind of funny that the Yummy found the medal in that magazine(whose name escapes me at the moment.).
The TV-Kun magazine always comes with freebies like that, stuff that wasn't in the show but cool to have if you're a collector. For example there's the Ganbaride Memory, the Panda Medal, the Ichigo Medal, and I think there's also the Skull Medal.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
Dienz217
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
My boom: NERF-ing
Quote: Just passing through~

Post by Dienz217 »

The kangaroo dance routine is now my favorite form of morning exercise. Lol. Gonna do it every morning.
______*If you're reading this.....You have too much time*______
________________*Proud To Be A Lurker*_________________
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I remember hearing once that the HBV would have a Taka Panda Kangaroo combo. i am slightly disappoint.
Ginhoshi
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto, Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Decade, OOO
Dreamy: Jasmine Reimon
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Maria
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ranger Keys
Quote: Obaachan gaitteita. Otoko ga yatte wa ikenai kotoga futatsu aru. Onanoko wo nakaseru kototo, tabemono wo somatsu ni suru kotoda.

Post by Ginhoshi »

So am I the only one hoping to see Kougami since it was Hina-chan's Birthday? They never showed the back of the kangaroo medal, if it was the same with the one that came with the telebi-kun magazine then it has stars instead of the stripes to indicate if it is a head, arm or leg medal. I was just wondering on how did Ankh knew that the Kangaroo medal can be used both as a arm and leg medal when he has never seen that medal before. The kangaroo dance was fun to watch. Overall story plot set aside it was an enjoyable hbv.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Ginhoshi wrote:So am I the only one hoping to see Kougami since it was Hina-chan's Birthday? They never showed the back of the kangaroo medal, if it was the same with the one that came with the telebi-kun magazine then it has stars instead of the stripes to indicate if it is a head, arm or leg medal. I was just wondering on how did Ankh knew that the Kangaroo medal can be used both as a arm and leg medal when he has never seen that medal before. The kangaroo dance was fun to watch. Overall story plot set aside it was an enjoyable hbv.
Ankh never said what to use it for. Eiji just picks a slot and replaces the medal.
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

Guardian07 wrote:The TV-Kun magazine always comes with freebies like that, stuff that wasn't in the show but cool to have if you're a collector. For example there's the Ganbaride Memory, the Panda Medal, the Ichigo Medal, and I think there's also the Skull Medal.
Interesting. Are there any pics of these freebies floating around? Official collectors crap appeals to me.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”