Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR OOO 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Spoiler
So Hino thinks the guards are good guys because they gave him juice. Anyone think that was the drugged juice? Too bad Hino doesn't have omniscient viewer perspective

Oh man, I just noticed that the monster of the weeks are called Yummy. Seriously? Some day we're going to look in Toei's office and it's just going to be a dart board with an English dictionary taped to it
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ooo/yummy/01.html

The main guy reminds me of original Kuuga in a lot of ways. The monsters this year kind of remind me of Den-O. I hate terming it using past shows, but that's just how I feel about it

So, we've got a hero who's ostensibly foolish and quirky as well as a super powerful, secret corporation run by a quirky older man. Why change the formula, right?

Let's see what our staff panel thought of the first episode:
[09:24] <Phoenix512> it's losing coins
[09:24] <Phoenix512> it bleeds coins
[09:24] <Azazel> its losing value
[09:25] <Azazel> depreciation is a bitch
[09:25] <Lunagel> lol
[09:25] <Macaroni> it became a sonic game
[09:25] <Comatose> haha
[09:25] <Lunagel> pick up the coins mario!
[09:27] <Phoenix512> disc animals or rather can animals?
[09:27] <Azazel> hibiki cans

lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: KR OOO 01 released

Post by lonegamer7 »

What the heck was she EATING to be able to lift up that Rider Vendor?! It's like she was able to stomach Airi's bad cooking to be that strong, and some training! :shock: Dang, girl!

Opening song is kinda quirky, but I might grow to like it.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

hahaha

caught some of my best spur of the moment comments, awesome

an interesting start to the show, bit of an oddball main lead,

concept of the Greeed is interesting, entirely made of medals and the way the foot soldiers are born is kinda freaky, oh lets not forget the worm inspired molting of the next level foot solider.

i hope the drop the henshin singing quickly cause that will become annoying in time,

And yes Greeed has 3 e's in it, we were quite surprised at that, but there we go, bad engrish for ya
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There's nothing like seeing Greeed (what happened to proper English spelling check, Toei) destroying a bunch of soldiers with bikes that transform into vending machines while "Happy Birthday" is being played in the background. Eiji seems like to be the most nomadic Kamen Rider yet. I wonder what the belt looking things on Greeed are for. The bleeding medals part was very funny to me along with the whole interaction between Eiji and one arm Ankh. Speaking of Ankh, making the hair blond must means he's evil.

The belt song doesn't really annoy me compared to other people. The first part of the OP is a bit odd but the chorus is just awesome.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Phoenix512 wrote:There's nothing like seeing Greeed (what happened to proper English spelling check, Toei) destroying a bunch of soldiers with bikes that transform into vending machines while "Happy Birthday" is being played in the background.
Epic Soundtrack Dissonance.

"LOOK AT THE MEDALS ONE TWO AND THREE! LIFE GOES ON! ANYTHING GOES! COVER THE OOO!" :lol:
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

I have to add that Kogami-san (the chief decorating the cake) is whipping the cream wrong, and he needs more practice on icing writing. :P *has watched way too many Food Network episodes*

First it's Imagin splitting people open to go into the past in Den-O. Now, it's using people as VENDING MACHINES. Cripes, that's freaky.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I seriously want to see Greeed's name spelled somewhere else in English with 3 e's, cause otherwise I think one of the writers needs to go back to English classes. Hello CakeWrecks.

It seems kinda silly to call them medals when they look more like coins. Wouldn't coin be a better word than medal cause we are talking about greed? How can you mix up the medals with yen coins, seriously Eiji?

The new rider looks pretty interesting, and the female sidekick this time gave me a bit of wtf-ery, but I'm really looking forward to the guy playing Ankh, who was Kain in Sazer X. He's quite the talented actor, and I'm very excited to see him in OOO.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>I seriously want to see Greeed's name spelled somewhere else in English with 3 e's

Wish granted:
http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ooo/

>It seems kinda silly to call them medals when they look more like coins. Wouldn't coin be a better word than medal cause we are talking about greed? How can you mix up the medals with yen coins, seriously Eiji?

Yeah, if greed is the theme of the villains, coins makes more sense than medals

>He's quite thetalented cute actor, and I'm very excited to see him in OOO.

Fixed
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well damn, what's up with that Toei? You're going to raise an entire generation of Japanese men who can't spell greed properly.

And he is cute, not denying it ^^ He's just more cute in the guy-next-door type of way, though maybe Ankh's badassery will help that out a bit.
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

And Eiji should be carrying at least some form of ID! :shock:
Cheetah
The fastest animal
The fastest animal
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Cheetah »

This seems like it's going to be an upbeat series. I'm not a real fan of the opening song but it kinda fits in that sense. I do agree that the chorus is pretty nice.

Seems like 5 is the magic number. When he transforms you see five colors medals around each section and there are what seems to be 4 bosses. Wait that didn't add up. Am I forgetting someThing?... It seems my math isn't very good so I'll let one of you guys figure out how many combinations that would make.

Speaking of bosses, I'm glad they introduced them early. It worked real well in W.

I'll have to see more episodes to get a better feel but it seems decent enough so far.
ImageImage
Nostalgia Critic Parody - Angry Video Game Nerd Parody
http://www.capcam.org - http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=4937
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

Cheetah wrote:Seems like 5 is the magic number. When he transforms you see five colors medals around each section and there are what seems to be 4 bosses. Wait that didn't add up. Am I forgetting someThing?... It seems my math isn't very good so I'll let one of you guys figure out how many combinations that would make.
At the moment of 10 confirmed (or so I hear) medals, that rounds out to 36 combinations. Toss in an additional 5 more, 125 combos. As for 5 colors, Ankh is the bird Greeed and carries red medals (hence, taka/hawk as the one Eiji found), and thus far we've seen green (Uva's, insect Greeed) and yellow (Kazari's, big cat Greeed) medals in use.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I'm hoping for Hina to have feelings for this mysterious man that looks almost exactly like her brother.

It's epic wincest but like even creepier cause he's her brother but he's dead and a kaijin.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, seeing as how I'm watching the opening again and again right now, I have to say that my favorite part of it is the reference to the relationship between Ankh and what I guess is the little sister. Nothing is a better sign that there's a story than to see a relationship between characters
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

takenoko wrote:Well, seeing as how I'm watching the opening again and again right now, I have to say that my favorite part of it is the reference to the relationship between Ankh and what I guess is the little sister. Nothing is a better sign that there's a story than to see a relationship between characters
I agree. I like how she's chasing her "brother" and just as she yanks the curtain aside, "he"'s not there anymore, which would indicate her continuing search for him throughout the show. And when Hina hugs "him" through the curtain, it's like Ankh seems uncomfortable but whether it's because of him not being used to human contact or maybe some little itty-bitty tiny smidgen of guilt/conscience/"big brother love" inside him, is certainly up to debate.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”