Gfawkes77
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: I am me and that is all there is to see.

How do you feel about OOO?

Post by Gfawkes77 »

This may be a bit early to ask after only one aired episode but I think its fair after all the rumors and speculations made before the shows started airing.

Personally I think the show has that potential for me, true the henshin sound for Tatoba still creeps me out a bit, but I think once I look past it the show's not that bad.
A billion lives can surround a star yet if that star should fade few will ever be lost.

"We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others dare enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the one we die for the one."
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: How do you feel about OOO?

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm going to close it for now until we release the first episode.
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

i didnt like ryuki or decade very much so i doubt i will like ooo BUT i did like W. i never seen the other series but isnt the start of ooo the same as the others as in, villains are unleashed and some random kid gets a henshin device given to him then he transforms and fights evil?
Nnnkingston
Salami Commander
Favorite series: W or Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Force or Geki
Favorite Band: Coldplay
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Post by Nnnkingston »

I already like OOOs and it's only been the first episode. And to be quite honest, I'm fond of the suit and the potential that comes along with it.

Although, I've never seen a Rider series I didn't like.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

OOO growing on me would imply that I didn't like it at first. I already think it's off to a good start and enjoy it quite a bit. I just gotta get used to the music and sounds.
ImageImage
Gfawkes77
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: I am me and that is all there is to see.

Post by Gfawkes77 »

xshinox wrote:i didnt like ryuki or decade very much so i doubt i will like ooo BUT i did like W. i never seen the other series but isnt the start of ooo the same as the others as in, villains are unleashed and some random kid gets a henshin device given to him then he transforms and fights evil?
Its good to here an opinion opposed to my own, but don't knock the way the show starts after all the Franchize is mostly likely older then 90% of the people on here.
KickHopper wrote:OOO growing on me would imply that I didn't like it at first. I already think it's off to a good start and enjoy it quite a bit. I just gotta get used to the music and sounds.
Thats good to here, but yeah the little song is a little much form me at times.
A billion lives can surround a star yet if that star should fade few will ever be lost.

"We are Rangers. We walk in the dark places no others dare enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the one we die for the one."
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I don't dislike it, I haven't disliked it. I think it will be interesting to watch develop, and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
SpikeTrigger
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mini hana \^O^/

Post by SpikeTrigger »

The Tatoba henshin music made me feel really embarrassed XD . It gave me a creepy feeling inside to the point where i couldn't help but cover my eyes and smile. It really was the worst XD . I have to be really honest about that. Although most likely it will grow on me and i'll LOVE it. Also i wasn't loving the Vending machine theme that was going on. I'm really hoping this series grows on me though. i loved most of the Heisei KR series but hibiki and W , Which i actually didn't watch much of either. I even skiped W to wait for this one. So i'm REALLY hope'n i can love this series XD lol . i don't want to watch 10 episodes and be done with it like W (Not that it's no cool things about W ...i just couldn't get interested in it's day to day episode thing , and how long it took to get to the point) But , anyway XD i'm "ok" with O's so far. And his rider system seems pretty cool .^_^.
"More power...and more.. AND MORE!!! Shiiine BRIGHTER!!!!"
Darida
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Jabi

Post by Darida »

I actually liked the first episode.. singing henshins aside. The feeling on the hero and monsters makes me think of amazon.. maybe its just because of the undressed scenes. I don't like the theme song though, its seems to do the power ranger think of trying to get the show title into the lyrics as much as possible and its just not as catchy as previous songs. I'm not a fan of constant form changing but it seems to be the in thing right now.
Shrapnel
Infinity

Post by Shrapnel »

I wish Happy Birthday would have been the song for his belt. XD
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

The whole Tatoba thing didn't strike a cord with me. It just doesn't seems as epic as KAMEN RIDER: DECADE or CYCLONE! JOKER!. Don't talk about that ever again.
Last edited by Phoenix512 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't talk about raws
Kaheraji
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kaheraji »

Yasuko Kobayashi is my favorite Japanese writer. There hasn't been a single thing I've seen with her as the head writer on that I haven't absolutely loved, and so far, OOO is continuing that.
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

I think the premise of the series is good so far (if a little on the fantasy side), but the only thing that bothers me is the number of forms that he'll be able to do with all those medals. The only way to explore everything OOO can do is by focusing the story just on him (sorry, let me rephrase: do NOT introduce a new rider mid-season) and the others. Besides that I'm really looking forward to OOO.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Areku The O.F. wrote:I think the premise of the series is good so far (if a little on the fantasy side), but the only thing that bothers me is the number of forms that he'll be able to do with all those medals. The only way to explore everything OOO can do is by focusing the story just on him (sorry, let me rephrase: do NOT introduce a new rider mid-season) and the others. Besides that I'm really looking forward to OOO.
I think, for OOO, a form will be defined similar to W's forms: a unique combination of medals that don't show up in any other form. With the exception of TaToBa, I'm going to say this will probably be all the solid color forms. The full set of bugs, the full set of cats, etc. Everything else is a partial change.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

KickHopper wrote:OOO growing on me would imply that I didn't like it at first. I already think it's off to a good start and enjoy it quite a bit. I just gotta get used to the music and sounds.
This applies to me as well. This series has me gripped from the first episode. The premise is very interesting and it doesn't seem to be as goofy as Den-O, despite the fact that Eiji has some....interesting...underwear.

I think I'm the only one who actually DOES like the music and sounds. Even the singing henshin. I have a feeling there's more to it.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”