2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Re: OOO 5 released

Post by That Guy »

Ahartono99 wrote:Wow... you should really sit back and enjoy the show rather than doing math just to count how many medals a Greeed has left... :lol:
So I'm not allowed to enjoy the show and critique the writers' math at the same time? :P Besides, I'm just doing what they show says to do at the end: "Count the medals". XP
Ahartono99 wrote:Now tell me, how can Eiji/OOO punched Kazari in the chest and grabbed 3 pieces of Core Medals? (and as you already know, Cheetah is a leg part Medal...). Maybe the placement of Core Medals are random... and each Greeed may have variable sum of Core Medals in their body... Unless there is somekind of official information, we might not know for sure...
When we saw Kazari forming in ep 1, and Uva forming in ep 2, we could clearly see all their core medals were located, aptly, at their core. The middle of their torsos.
Guardian07 wrote:Uva only lost two Medals in this episode; one Beetle and one Mantis.

We don't know the full number of Medals each Greeed has; we don't know how many Medals that are still missing; we don't know FOR SURE if Medals are supposed to correspond to body parts; we also don't know how many types of Medals each Greeed has.

Don't you think there's too little concrete info to be assuming things?
What is life without speculation? :P You're right that Uva only lost two, I went back and double-checked that and that was my bad. I saw the three Ankh was holding at the end and thought those were all the ones he'd picked up just then.

I suppose the idea that it's just the raw number of medals, not the number of medals per body part, is worth considering. It never occurred to me that they could be anything but part-specific in the Greeed as well as OOO. But then what I don't get is why Kazari and Uva started just missing their legs while Mezuuru and Gameru are missing just their chest armor. Someone suggested it had something to do with the location of the medals in the Greeed, but I can't see them keeping them anywhere but in their torso. It's a nice central location and it makes a good heart analogy.

While we don't know for certain how many core medals they should have total, we know how much they DO have. We've seen Kazari and Uva forming and it they had 7 and 5 medals, respectively. Uva might have had more that were blocked by the cells. Since we know they're incomplete, and logic says they'd have the same number of each of 3 medals, 9 is the best bet we have.
Magenta wrote:
PHurricane wrote:They were a little vague on whether they created those human forms from scratch or if they found a human to possess like Ankh, so I'm curious how that will play out.
I don't think it's vague - they actively said "why isn't Mezul back yet" "she probably hasn't found a human [to possess] that she likes the look of" so I think it's fairly definitely possession. It's just what kind - they seem to be able to transform into their Greeeeeeeeeedooooooo forms without shrugging off the possession, so.
I interpreted it differently. I figured they found a human whose appearance they liked and copied it. Who knows.
Guardian07 wrote:Fun fact: Except for Mezuuru, the human forms of the Greeeds are played by their voice actors. Is there a reason why Mezuuru's voice actor is not playing the role? Or is it purely for story reasons?
Yukana (Mezuuru's voice) is a beautiful woman, but she doesn't meet the profile of the innocent-looking high school girl they wanted would be my guess. Or maybe she doesn't have the time to commit to full acting. After all, with voice acting, you just have to come into the studio for a few hours a day and record your lines. She's doing a lot of stuff, so maybe...but that's just speculation.

Forgot to say earlier, the "TaToBa" theme song is awesome. I was wondering when we were gonna get our insert songs.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote:So... guess OOO's sword is one of those things that Riders pull out of null space. He doesn't transform with it on, plus it's not really part of the OOO system since Kougami gave it to Eiji...
I had a thought on that. maybe the Taka medal puts it into that subspace? After all, the Taka medal is from Ankh, and he can sort of use subspace with just his arm, having kept the OOO seal in there, along with the core medals and all.
ShadowX7 wrote:Kazari lost his chest piece when his "leg" medal was stolen, hmm...
well, he lost 2 leg medals AND a chest medal. and since Ankh had already taken one of his chest medals before, he probably didn't have enough to keep his chest piece up. Uva lost his chest piece after another Kamakiri medal was taken, and he was already missing the one Kazari stole back, so maybe you need at least one of a medal to make the armor for that body part, but at least have two for each piece, thus preventing it from breaking if just one is taken?
ShadowX7 wrote:
Conan_Edogawa wrote:so the other greeed are assuming human forms now? i wonder if they'll stay with these forms or change them as they see fit.
Probably they'll keep their form for now (although Uva's has been compromised, he might change it, if he's still alive by the end of this arc...)
It's also saves the budget, changing actors every week (or 2 week) is a waste of money
well, i didn't mean every episode. i meant would they always be in that form when they try to look human, or would it be possible for them to take a different human form for an episode or two for part of a pan or something?
takenoko wrote:
Leonite Rider wrote:Maybe now we have a set of three, we get a new henshin song? And who wants to wager Eiji loses the Taka medal at one point and pisses Ankh off majorly by doing so?
Unless Ankh is hiding some, wouldn't that make Ankh disappear altogether? Just what happens when a Greeed loses all their Cores?
well, as we saw in the "count the medals. how many medals can OOO use right now" screen, they pair duplicates of a medal together, so even if Eiji loses A Taka medal, it looks like he has another. and ankh probably has at leas one more of his core medals that he isn't letting Eiji use, since it's the only one of that medal he has. a chest medal would explain why it was his arm that formed, and nott his head if he had two head medals left.
Devilbat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade/W

Post by Devilbat »

That Guy wrote:
Ahartono99 wrote:I'm just doing what the show says to do at the end: "Count the medals". XP
Ahahaha!!! Nice save bro.

Ankh really needs to give Eiji the basic henshin medals so that he can at least henshin and defend himself if he ever finds himself in another situation like that. Once again the Cheetah medal steals the show. It's freakin' awesome. He now has three more medals to choose from, I wonder what they do. Next episode looks really interesting I can't wait to see it.
"It's... showtime." -Haruto Souma/Kamen Rider Wizard

kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

I'm assuming the reason Ankh isn't giving Eiji the TaToBa medals is because as far as we know, Ankh only has two Core Medals. If he gave one to Eiji and it got stolen by the Greeed somehow, then Eiji wouldn't be able to transform (since Ankh wouldn't be able to give Eiji his only core medal).

There's also the fact that since Ankh wants Cell Medals, if Eiji could transform whenever he wanted, he could potentially defeat Yummies when Ankh wasn't around (they're not together all the time after all). Then, Ankh wouldn't be able to collect the Cell Medals that appear. Keeping the Core Medals from Eiji ensures that he'll be there when the Yummy is defeated so he can clam the Cells. There's no way he's going to allow Eiji to fight Yummies alone.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Cool, a human form for Greeed. Now I get to see more personality in Greeed. I liked human forms they picked so far. Certainly does seem to match their style. But that schoolgirl form does surprise me a bit.

Now I am curious how many vending machines are out there? Meaning how many motorcycles do they own?

Perhaps OOO is first one to have so many motorcycles lol.

And that gray Greeed....is he based on an elephant? Or what animal is he based on from?
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

takenoko wrote:
Unless Ankh is hiding some, wouldn't that make Ankh disappear altogether? Just what happens when a Greeed loses all their Cores?
No it wouldn't The show clearly shows Ankh is in possession of two Taka medals. He has one inside him at all times or else he won't survive.
But it anyways I liked this episode a lot. OOO is finally getting some heavy power on his side. I'm pretty sure a set of three means something good. It seems to me the closer you get to a matching form the power you get. I think on top of that distracting the Greed gave Eiji the edge he needed to sucker punch him out of some medals. He clearly was in rage instead of his usual attack pattern.
Disaace
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Natsumikan/Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takayuki Tsubaki
Favorite Band: Too many.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Dynamite. =\
Quote: "Ten no michi wo iki, subete o tsukasadoru!"

Post by Disaace »

This episode was kind of interesting in my opinion. The human Greed forms are kind of fitting, and Kazari's reminded me of Ryuutaros.

I laughed my ass off to see Kougami do a dance when Ankh-kun rode off on a RideVendor.
I'd go gay for Ankh. Just sayin.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Also, the ending song is kinda average, although I always say that and they end up growing on me, but I prefer the OP to it (and I usually hate all KR OPs). They've gone back to having the actor sing it. What was the deal with W, could none of the rider actors sing?
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Aaah when I saw the Greeed's human forms, I was getting excited over the idea that Yukana would appear in the show like Romi Paku did in Shinkenger, but all I found was a loli. T__T

I think they added Yukana to the cast to advertise a famous voice actor in their main crew. I totally bit the bait.

I actually like Kazari, our D-Boys of the season (along with Uva). I really like that soft voice that gives this certain crafty attitude.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Silentwolfdog wrote:And that gray Greeed....is he based on an elephant? Or what animal is he based on from?
Heavy animals, such as rhinos, elephants, and gorillas. He whipped out an elephant's trunk from his when they were toying with the police in ep 4, and during the opening when the Medals are panning over OOO on teasing the forms he can use, at one point you can see his arms are white/gray and bulky (like Hellboy's right arm).
Specx
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Walking the path of heaven, the man who stands on top of passing through to count up your sins.

Post by Specx »

Also, did anyone else notice Kougami spazzing like a lil kid in the background monitor as Ankh was driving off?

Yes I saw that! XD I was thinking "WTF?" And everytime someone says Kougami I think kaGAmi!!!! From Kabuto. LoL
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

lonegamer7 wrote:
Silentwolfdog wrote:And that gray Greeed....is he based on an elephant? Or what animal is he based on from?
Heavy animals, such as rhinos, elephants, and gorillas. He whipped out an elephant's trunk from his when they were toying with the police in ep 4, and during the opening when the Medals are panning over OOO on teasing the forms he can use, at one point you can see his arms are white/gray and bulky (like Hellboy's right arm).
according to TvTropes, that's exactly what he is. Rhino for head, gorilla for body, elephant for legs, as far as the medlas go anyway. for the actual face of the greeed, it would seem to be a mix of all three, as is the case for all the greeed. like how Uva has the Kuwagata horns as well as stuff for kamakiri and grasshopper all on his helmet, and how Mezuuru's head seems tto be a whale and some other bits. possibly part octopus, since there's a tako cell medal used to get the tako candroid.
insaneshams
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by insaneshams »

Anyone notice at 13:07-13:10
You can CLEARLY see that OOO's claws are made of painted styrofoam

Also, the suit actor's lefty o_O"
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Silentwolfdog wrote:Cool, a human form for Greeed. Now I get to see more personality in Greeed. I liked human forms they picked so far. Certainly does seem to match their style. But that schoolgirl form does surprise me a bit.

Now I am curious how many vending machines are out there? Meaning how many motorcycles do they own?

Perhaps OOO is first one to have so many motorcycles lol.

And that gray Greeed....is he based on an elephant? Or what animal is he based on from?
Interestingly, all but Mezuuru's are their VAs. They teased us with Yukana. ><

Well, we saw an entire squadron of Ride Vendors in ep 1. They must be cheap enough to make.

Rhino, Gorilla, and Elephant. ^^
[cg]sasuke
Infinity
Quote: "grandma said...."

Post by [cg]sasuke »

insaneshams wrote:Anyone notice at 13:07-13:10
You can CLEARLY see that OOO's claws are made of painted styrofoam

Also, the suit actor's lefty o_O"
nice observation :lol:
KAMEN RIDER OOO loves Reggae and Jamaica
ImageImage