KR OOO fanart

Pronounced like the Os in the cheerios
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
User avatar
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!
Location: Within the darkest confines of a shadow.

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by FangTrigger »

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:
Kogashi wrote:... Though the blade medals were of some Greeed never shown or mentioned ever again called 'Gill' or something as mentioned in the OOO W crossover movie.
"Gill" was supposed to be the purple Greeed. He had nothing to do with the black Medals.
actually, it's Giru, not Gills. Check wiki (and another fansub group.)
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30777
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by takenoko »

What? The reason that it's right is because it's listed that way on wiki and some other group used it? So your basic argument is "Other people do it this way, so they're right?"

Considering it's a name, I kind of feel like there's some leeway on how it should be spelled unless there's some good reason for one interpretation over another. Gill/Giru are pretty much the same thing. Gills would be obviously wrong since it doesn't match the katakana (none of the people you quote used Gills either)
User avatar
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 pm
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!
Location: Within the darkest confines of a shadow.

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by FangTrigger »

takenoko wrote:What? The reason that it's right is because it's listed that way on wiki and some other group used it? So your basic argument is "Other people do it this way, so they're right?"

Considering it's a name, I kind of feel like there's some leeway on how it should be spelled unless there's some good reason for one interpretation over another. Gill/Giru are pretty much the same thing. Gills would be obviously wrong since it doesn't match the katakana (none of the people you quote used Gills either)
Not saying that. I actually went to the site (the one that produces kamen rider) and confirmed it using (although it's crappy) google chrome. Take, are you doing ok man? Never seen you get this pissed off before.

*EDIT* Also, it was multiple fansubbers. Had to make sure.
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30777
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by takenoko »

I just checked our scripts, our subs say Gill. No "s". You're making it sound like we used "Gills" when we didn't.

I'm not pissed off, but dealing with your poor reasoning is pretty frustrating.

So you're saying you machine translated the official site, which is why the correct term is "Giru"? You really don't see the flaws in reasoning in this method?
User avatar
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Posts: 1492
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:16 pm
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

FangTrigger wrote:Not saying that. I actually went to the site (the one that produces kamen rider) and confirmed it using (although it's crappy) google chrome. Take, are you doing ok man? Never seen you get this pissed off before.

*EDIT* Also, it was multiple fansubbers. Had to make sure.
Do you have a source for this besides an online translator and "other fansubs"? Like, say, a magazine scan, or one of those pamphlets they hand out at these movies?
User avatar
Connie_Edogawa
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I found out that the artist i'm always posting in these fanart threads has a blog where s/he posts a little more than they do on Pixiv, so i found some older pics i never knew about, including one for the OOO movie from last summer. I'll just hold onto that one until it's subbed next year.

An early prototype for his PuToTyra design:
Spoiler
Image


Shachi Kujaku Cheetah:
Spoiler
Image


Taka Gorilla Tako:
Spoiler
Image


Taka Kujaku Batta:
Spoiler
Image
Last edited by Connie_Edogawa on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:33 am
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:I found out that the artist i'm always posting in these fanart threads has a blog where s/he posts a little more than they do on Pixiv, so i found some older pics i never knew about, including one for the OOO movie from last summer. I'll just hold onto that one until it's subbed next year.


Taka Gorilla Cheetah:
Spoiler
[ Image ]
Isn't that "Tako" instead of "Cheetah" because of the blue?
User avatar
Connie_Edogawa
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Netto no Zen-Aki wrote:
Conan_Edogawa wrote:I found out that the artist i'm always posting in these fanart threads has a blog where s/he posts a little more than they do on Pixiv, so i found some older pics i never knew about, including one for the OOO movie from last summer. I'll just hold onto that one until it's subbed next year.


Taka Gorilla Cheetah:
Spoiler
[ Image ]
Isn't that "Tako" instead of "Cheetah" because of the blue?
whoops. edited. thank you.
User avatar
Connie_Edogawa
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

User avatar
Connie_Edogawa
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

now that the movie is out, i can post this. i'll keep it in spoiler tags in case someone checks this before the movie, though.

Spoiler
Image
User avatar
Connie_Edogawa
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Image
User avatar
Connie_Edogawa
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:55 pm
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer
Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center.

Re: KR OOO fanart

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Image

A second version of PuToTyra-tan, this one the out of control version.
Post Reply

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”