Post by takenoko »

Caption for this says Kyo-chan might be the cutest one
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Re: OOO 18 released

Post by lonegamer7 »

Date still irks me, but he does have some good qualities to balance it, like encouraging Shiratori.

And Eiji proves Obfuscating Stupidity is an excellent tactic! Even if he's so adorkable being at it. :D And props to Takaiwa for making OOO look so cute on the "Is this how it's going to be?" part. XD

Gotou thinking he's in the next world? Wow, reminds me of Shou's Delusions. :lol: And the whole buildup for the Breast Cannon's Cell Burst... XD Like forking all your yen coins/quarters for that one gashopon or the entire set. (Truth: I've spent at least $60-some at the capsule machines for two different Transformers dangler sets)

Hm, so Birth on Cell Medals, OOO on Core Medals. Intriguing. Shame they weren't able to get that Core Medal that popped out of Uva.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I still don't quite understand Date yet as I'm not sure if he's really a good guy or just a jerk. I was wondering what happened to Uva's Core Medal. Was it destroyed or did Uva suck it back into himself? I really did like Eiji just sighing at the sight of Ankh and Date fighting over Cell Medals. Gotou is lucky to get two girls looking good in Egyptian cosplay looking over him especially Hina. She looked quite lovely in that costume.

I wonder if Satonaka is thinking if she might be view as a hooker when Kougami is wearing the boa which is the sign of a pimp or a professional wrestler. Probably the former for Kougami than the latter.
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

Phoenix512 wrote:I was wondering what happened to Uva's Core Medal. Was it destroyed or did Uva suck it back into himself?
I think it got shoved back in since it's not attracted (magnetically-speaking) to the Drill Arm.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought it was funny when Satonaka just oafishly put the souvenir on the table and knocked over a pile of Cell Medals. It's like, Jesus lady, be more careful

I also was confused by Uva's Core Medal so I rewatched it. At first the Drill drew it out, but since Birth only really works on Cell Medals, it didn't stick. So you see Uva's Core actually rebounding back into him. That's why Date is confused by it not being on his Drill and why Ankh realizes that Birth only focuses on Cells. It's a pretty good scene since it conveys a lot of information without relying on heavy exposition
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

^^Indeed. Good direction there.

I liked Date's little "Nice to meet you" on Uva. Yeah, he's hard to pin down for me too. Somewhere between jerk and lovable idiot.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I just remembered something I forgot to mention that it was odd to me. I initially thought that Maki selected Date for Birth after Gotou went all bitch on Maki but Kougami was the one who selected him. I wonder if selecting Date was a back-up candidate if Gotou didn't cast off his pride or a temporary holder until Gotou does cast off his pride. I guess that will be wait and see for now.
lonegamer7
Save the life

Post by lonegamer7 »

Is it just me, or was that church also used in Kiva? :?:
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Well I'll admit, this episode was interesting. Not only we get to see Eiji use one of Mezool's Medals for the first time, but we also see how "greedy" Ankh and Date are about Medals. Also it was weird how Uva lost one of his Core Medals and how it either magically got sucked in or something. As for Gotou, I hope he will be able to shake off his pride and become Birth or something, but that is on a wait and see basis. Plus indeed Gotou was lucky to have two egyptian-cosplaying girls tend to him hehe. Overall great ep and I hope to see what happens next ^.^

Spoiler
And on that note, we get another peek at Ankh's medals so to speak. Cannot wait to see
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I imagine the thing with Date was he never really had the whole scenario explained to him, and just thought medals are medals. Maki is probably planning something by amassing all these cores, with Date being his bitch. I kind of like him, but is simpleness kind of irks me a little.

Also, Kudos to whomever called the fact that the Eel medal would give electric whips. I'm wondering now if the octopus medal is a leg one and if it will allow a multi leg kick lol.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I'm glad they made Date a cool and mature guy, instead of the emo rival. This makes everything better. And he has a genuine reason for not cooperating with OOO.

every episode my suspicion that Gotou will be another Kagami grows stronger.

Nothing new, besides Eiji finally using a blue medal, Date charging the cannon and using the legs, knowing that Birth only uses Cell Medals and learning about Kogami's new focus.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Bout time Eiji finally used one of Mezool's cores ^^ (well the one they got back). Was interesting to see him use elctro whips since i was just watching Iron Man 2 the other day XD.

Wonder if Birth would end up using a Ridevendor one day, or would probably chase a Yummy in the Caterpillar legs.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

Out of curiosity, and sorry if this has been said before, does anyone know who's doing the voice for Birth's belt? It sounds vaguely familiar but I can't place it.

Anyway I kinda like Date. He's not really a good guy or a bad guy, he's just trying to make money. It's a bit of a refreshing change from the "I'm gonna be an antagonistic dick for no real reason!" thing secondary Riders seem to have going on most of the time*
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Jōji Nakata, he is apparently the Narrator as well.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

Is it just me or did Eiji sound pretty excited about using the Unagi medal?

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”