Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

OOO has a plug because...?

Post by hunter-urufu »

So what's the deal with the peg on the back of OOO's armor? Almost like the slot on the back of Gosei Knight, but the purpose that serves is fairly obvious. My first thought as to it's purpose was for some power up later, but the different chests are different props/costume pieces, right? IE, when they change from, say, Tora to Gorilla they don't just change the arms and part of the chest symbol, so when that power up comes, they'll make a new costume piece for it, not attach it to a current one.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: OOO has a plug because...?

Post by Catastrophe »

A FFR that turns him into a header to attach to Gosei Great in the OOO and Goseiger crossover movie.

Really, who knows? Just wait and see. I know for the combo change toys, its the button that you have to push to break the pieces up.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

hunter-urufu wrote:So what's the deal with the peg on the back of OOO's armor? Almost like the slot on the back of Gosei Knight, but the purpose that serves is fairly obvious. My first thought as to it's purpose was for some power up later, but the different chests are different props/costume pieces, right? IE, when they change from, say, Tora to Gorilla they don't just change the arms and part of the chest symbol, so when that power up comes, they'll make a new costume piece for it, not attach it to a current one.
actually, they DO just change the part that changed. It's a 3 piece costume. Why in the world would Toei waste their money for 50+ suits?
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Xander Blaze wrote:
hunter-urufu wrote:So what's the deal with the peg on the back of OOO's armor? Almost like the slot on the back of Gosei Knight, but the purpose that serves is fairly obvious. My first thought as to it's purpose was for some power up later, but the different chests are different props/costume pieces, right? IE, when they change from, say, Tora to Gorilla they don't just change the arms and part of the chest symbol, so when that power up comes, they'll make a new costume piece for it, not attach it to a current one.
actually, they DO just change the part that changed. It's a 3 piece costume. Why in the world would Toei waste their money for 50+ suits?
Touche, but that doesn't make the peg make any sense, because they could attach it to something less visible.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

It's a part his armor. It's not suppose to be a plug. I just think you're over thinking it is all.
ImageImage
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

I thought the different pieces of OOO were like the 8 halves of W? Aren't they? separate and interchangable with something like velcro?
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I haven't seen any pictures like the one with W's suits, but I'm going to assume that its the same. That way they only need to design like 5 suits for the combos and then switch them around.
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

I always sort of looked at the big emblem on the front of OOO as a sort of head to a core that infuses his being, and the 'button' on the back was just the bottom of that. To put it in kind of grisly terms, think like a giant thumbtack driven into Eiji that powers his body up into OOO.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

I think this was answered before by one of our wise members here. It's supposed to be a locking cap to hold the 3 pieces of the chest armor. When changing forms, all the production crew needs to do is to uncap that lock, and change the necessary combo piece and lock the combination back into place.
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by hunter-urufu »

monritche wrote:I think this was answered before by one of our wise members here. It's supposed to be a locking cap to hold the 3 pieces of the chest armor. When changing forms, all the production crew needs to do is to uncap that lock, and change the necessary combo piece and lock the combination back into place.
While I understand that, and that does make sense, it doesn't mean that they couldn't have put other pieces of...whatever the costume is made out of, to fill in the area around it, making it's continued presence a choice.

Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

I like it, and I see no problem with it. Assuming the production crew thinks so too, naturally they just leave it there :lol: .
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by hunter-urufu »

Guardian07 wrote:I like it, and I see no problem with it. Assuming the production crew thinks so too, naturally they just leave it there :lol: .
I have no problem with it either. It does look better than just having a plain back of OOO's breastplate, but still.

ShinkenSilver
Gao

Post by ShinkenSilver »

There's a line of OOO action figures out there where you can switch around the body parts to form all the different combos, and the 'plug' is the button you press to split apart the figure. So my guess is that they leave it on for the sake of the toys.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

I agree with ShinkenSilver. Remember that we're watching really long toy commercials. Some Transformers series' do the same thing, to the point where you can freeze-frame the transformations to figure out how to change a complicated figure.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Therm_Kitty wrote:I agree with ShinkenSilver. Remember that we're watching really long toy commercials. Some Transformers series' do the same thing, to the point where you can freeze-frame the transformations to figure out how to change a complicated figure.
Pity the same can't be said for Sentai! Zyuranger's mammoth (MMPR's mastodon Dinozord) folds and splits up when forming the robo. But you don't see how. Some later Sentais are even worse in that respect.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”