Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: OOO 20 released

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Alessar wrote:Keep in mind, we found out a few weeks ago there were originally TEN core medals of each type. The greeed each kept 9 and being cut down to those is what animated them; the tenth of each set went to OOO to be his starting medal pool.

One of the cores Ankh just gobbled has to be Red Core 10, and it doesn't seem to be quite compatible with him, at least not with the other ones he has. He probably needs certain medals to "revive" and after that it's just a matter of how many he has to determine how complete he is.

--10-- = probably an extra head medal
7-8-9 = head
4-5-6 = torso
1-2-3 = legs

My guess is he has something like 10, 9, 4, 2 and he needs 1/4/7 or 2/5/8 or 3/6/9 to Revive.
except you said he JUST got medal 10, when he's had two head medals this whole time. plus, i don't think the 10th medals went to OOO. the impression i got was "humans made 10 medals per set trying to make life. it didn't work. they destroyed one medal per set. the greeed came to life because their sets were now incomplete and they desired to be complete. the greeed went all crazy and stuff trying to be complete, so they made OOO to fight them.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Nihon_Rider_105 wrote:Honestly,the guy who plays Ankh,is AMAZING. His acting is legit

He (the actor) should have enough exsperiance by now. Both Anhk's actor and Eiji's actor are I think are amazing. There was no doubt in how those two were feeling in this episode. I think this is my favorite episode because you feel so much emotions for those two.

I think Anhk really needs a hug at the end.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

i don't think the 10th medals went to OOO. the impression i got was "humans made 10 medals per set trying to make life. it didn't work. they destroyed one medal per set. the greeed came to life because their sets were now incomplete and they desired to be complete. the greeed went all crazy and stuff trying to be complete, so they made OOO to fight them.
There's a glaring hole in your argument. Where did OOO get his Core Medals if all the Greeeds were at full power, if he's not using the 10th Core Medals?

Another arc that I really enjoyed. Not about desires, but about trust. Eiji and Ankh may not be the best combination but when it comes to fighting the Yummys, they have absolute faith in each other. Yasu, on the other hand, mistrusts everyone and is willing to betray and dick over anyone around him to save his own skin. I'm kinda satisfied that the convict finally caught up to him.

I see that Kougami didn't hire Satonaka just to eat his cakes, run errands and look pretty. She's also his personal bodyguard.

I think Date was a bit glad that Gotou wanted to be Birth, and help him train for that. His line "Make it so that I can quit whenever I want" feels like it foreshadowing something. And I'm really curious about his history with Eiji.

Since they went and explained that Hina's super strength is limited to her arms, I'm getting the feeling that they're gonna go somewhere with it, instead of it just being a weird character trait.

I don't know what this says about me, but I thought Hina smiling in her sleep was too cute. I paused the video and just stared for a while...
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Catastrophe wrote:I thought Spider Man Birth was pretty cool...
Funny, that made me think more of Bionic Commando, than spider man...
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Conan_Edogawa wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Joker half of W changed in FangJoker, so it doesn't really come as a shock.
and like i said before, TaJaDor looks like it has FangJoker style eyes.
I was just placing TaJaDor as a combo form like the other ones, not a mid-season upgrade form (which I guess is what TaJaDor is all about)

FangJoker used a special GaiaMemory so I think it doesn't count
Fang is different from the other GaiaMemories they usually use

So maybe Ankhs' core medals are special?
Or maybe OOO's (how do you read that?) driver was more compatible with Ankhs' core medals?
Guardian07 wrote:Since they went and explained that Hina's super strength is limited to her arms, I'm getting the feeling that they're gonna go somewhere with it, instead of it just being a weird character trait.
It's just a quirky character traits for female main characters (maybe to make them more interesting?)
It's nothing more than that

Just like how Hana has Super Strength, although only against Imajins (which I think wasn't explained at all)
Natsumi has her Laughing Pressure Point (which worked in reverse against a Worm)
and Akiko having her Slipper Attack (which she had used to hit an enemy)
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Oranger
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: King of justic

Post by Oranger »

kajiRider wrote:For some reason the SD encode doesn't work well on a dvd. It freezes on my portable player and on my regular it gets all blocky and unwatchable. Whilst the 3 previous episodes on the same dvd all work fine. Is there something different about this encode?
I think Global Motion Compensation (GMC) is being added in this episode encoding. The only way to remove it is to re-encode it yourself. GMC always lead to this problem in standalone dvd player.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

ShadowX7 wrote: It's just a quirky character traits for female main characters (maybe to make them more interesting?)

Just like how Hana has Super Strength, although only against Imajins (which I think wasn't explained at all)
Natsumi has her Laughing Pressure Point (which worked in reverse against a Worm)
They wouldn't be harping on this so much if it was just a "quirky character trait". It's one thing to demonstrate it, it's another thing entirely for EVERYONE to mention it every other episode. The "quirky girl" runs the CousCoussier; she remarked on Hina's strength, having pointedly set up a test just for that purpose, remember?

But gee, Hina's incredible strength is localized entirely in her arms? Huh, that's so weird. I wonder what possible explaination there could be for freakish strength in one body part only, hmm... nah, she couldn't have some yet-unmentioned connection to a chest Medal, one of Gamel's perhaps? No, that would be silly, it's just a quirky character trait.

(Hana's ability to smack around Imagin was almost certainly related to who her family is. Wasn't she a Singularity like Ryotarou and Yuuto, as well? Not so bloody singular at that point. Natsumi's pressure point thing is, well, acupressure. Sort of a thing in several asian cultures. Remember GekiYellow turning guregure?)

And OOO could certainly have been using the Greeed's nine Cores in the past. Apparently you can just rip Cores out of them with your bare hands!
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

Man, what a memorable episode...

Ankh's one wing scene is really interesting (I couldn't help but let Sephiroth comes to mind :mrgreen: )...

Btw, TaJyaDol's peafowl missile barrage reminds me of the infamous Funnel system in Gundam (Sazabi, Providence, Strike Freedom, etc.), and it only means awesomeness... :D
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

ShadowX7 wrote: It's just a quirky character traits for female main characters (maybe to make them more interesting?)

I initially thought so too. My point was that because they take the time and went to the trouble of mentioning it every other episode and expand on it like they did here, I can't help but feel that 'there's more than meets the eye', so to say.

Of course, I could be totally wrong about this and it's just Kobayashi screwing with us XP.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

So now we have Hawk, Peacock and Condor - Tajoudor - what an awesome combo that is it almost looks like an ultimate form too but as we've learnt with W it's pretty safe to say it won't be OOO's ultimate form. This was a pretty good episode we learnt about what Ankh really wants, his desire is to fly!!! Is their also a new relationship brewing between Ankh and Hina?
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
darkzero000

Post by darkzero000 »

enthalith wrote:Im not betting on Ankh being a Yummy, so i have a few theories about it.
-Ankh is a prototype hybrid Greed, therefore being unable to create Yummies. This will explain the colour of his newfound wings.
-The real Ankh is long destroyed and the current Ankh was made from the red Core Medals. This is highly possible as Ankh was the only one that was not sealed together with the other Greeds.
-Ankh is the real bad ass Greed 800 years ago. He just do not have enough Cell Medals to maintain his form.
-Ankh is neither Greed nor Yummy, he is a bad compilation of Core Medals. I mean look at the Ankh-Arm, its Red-Yellow-Green, which happens to be the core medals he started out with in EP 1.
Or:
-Ankh is neither Greeed or Yummy, he is the OOO who used up his body to seal the Greeed, with his soul taken in to the Red Core, as it is the power he use to seal other Greeeds.
This base on how the OOO transform gadget also work as the seal, also can explain how Ankh can be different from all others, and can have a lot of different core without losing control.
rocketcat
Adventure
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Quote: "We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives." — Edward D. Wood, Jr.

Post by rocketcat »

Well that was a great episode!

Not sure how I feel about Date yet, but I do like that he's being sort of a buddy to poor Gotou.

What Ankh did was still not cool with me but by the end of this episode I was starting to worry about him again. Something seemed to go wrong with his core medals. :/

Really like the Tajoudor combo though. :D
COMPLETED
Kamen Rider - Decade, OOO
Sentai - Dekaranger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
IN PROGRESS
Kamen Rider - Fourze, Kuuga
Sentai - Boukenger, Gaoranger, Zyuranger, Megaranger
Kiva the Bat the 6th
Adventure

Post by Kiva the Bat the 6th »

Huh, this episode make Gotou out to be some sort of Rider trainee like Todayama or Kagami. Kinda makes you wonder just how awesome of a Rider he might eventually become.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Post by kaemmerite »

ShadowX7 wrote:It's just a quirky character traits for female main characters (maybe to make them more interesting?)
Yeah I thought that at first too, and even said so in one of the first episode threads, but I really don't think that's the case. They're mentioning it too much for that, so either it's one hell of a lampshade hanging, or they're building up to something more, and I'll bet it's the latter. Didn't Ankh say her strength was "unnatural" or something like that?

Plus, it's not like Hina is the only one who has some sort of weird thing going on with her. Remember Doctor Maki and how he laughs uncontrollably when his doll gets knocked around.
Guardian07 wrote:Where did OOO get his Core Medals if all the Greeeds were at full power, if he's not using the 10th Core Medals?
That's actually a good question, but I don't think you can assume it's the 10th Core Medals exactly. First, there's no proof that the tenth Core Medal is one of the other three types. Second, even if it was, OOO in the past used combos, right? The flashback was actually the first showing off of the LaToraTah combo, meaning he'd have to have three of Kazari's Core Medals...meaning there'd have to be an eleventh and twelve Core Medal, and the show says otherwise.

So what that means is that the Core Medals OOO in the past was using against the Greeed were probably just extras that were made to fight the Greeed. I mean...the people who made the original Core Medals could have easily just made a few more of the same type for OOO to use to fight them. This would still mean all the Greeed had nine Cores, the tenth Cores were missing (or destroyed), and OOO still had copies of each Core to fight with. That makes the most sense to me.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

I have to say, TaJaDor is a cool form.
Is it just me or is every thing that is related to Kujaku/Peacock in the Japanese shows always flashy? I've seen only three peacocks, but they are always showy, flashy or just plain weird.

It's too bad we didn't get to see Mezool's combo when Ankh had the medals before.

But here's a theory as to why Ankh only had one-wing: because he is incomplete. Without the combination of more Cell Medals with his Core Medals, he can't have a more complete form like Uva and Kazari.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”