Total votes: 46
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Re: Ankh's Identity?

Post by DrowningFishy »

ScatterBrain wrote: I see what your saying, at the very begining of the first ever episode there are some cells and a red core next to the chest, which has a large crack in it. this emplies that the cells and core came through the crack, but what if they were placed there? what if, whoever it was, wanted that chest opened but didnt want to get caught doing it, so placed a piece of ankh (possibly a piece of himself) there that would want to complete itself. my moneys on kougami. satonaka said, again in the first episode, that he seemed to have been preparing for this like he new it was going to happen. kougami is just too well informed, its obvious he has the potntial to be a villian, and if shingo ankh isnt the real one my bets on kougami.
Oooo, I like that, sure Kougami may give Eiji red coins thus to Ahnk but that could be construed as teasing or messing with. (SHoot those could be fake, remade coins) AND Kougami ALWAYS knows what is going down before stuff happens.
Kiva the Bat the 6th
Adventure

Post by Kiva the Bat the 6th »

Well, the same can be said for every character that's in his position. Owner, Kagami Riku, Shima are all like that. It's just kind of the nature of the wisemen archetype.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Kiva the Bat the 6th wrote:Well, the same can be said for every character that's in his position. Owner, Kagami Riku, Shima are all like that. It's just kind of the nature of the wisemen archetype.
Good point, but I don't think this is the case. They way things are playing out point to otherwise.
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

DrowningFishy wrote:
Kiva the Bat the 6th wrote:Well, the same can be said for every character that's in his position. Owner, Kagami Riku, Shima are all like that. It's just kind of the nature of the wisemen archetype.
Good point, but I don't think this is the case. They way things are playing out point to otherwise.

Plus this is the series written by Yasuko Kobayashi, whose done some of the best/memorable tokusatsu theres been that have had little hints towards the big reveal of their series. The list includes den o, shinkenger, ryuki, timeranger. the first two are big examples of this (ive yet to finish the other 2). altough the reveal was kinda poorly done in den o it made sense when
Spoiler
hana was revealed to be the junction point because she was airi's baby that had been lost in time
. But the best example is shinkengers, its hinted right near the begining when
Spoiler
the monster that causes pain through telling the truth calls takeru a liar.
its not mentioned again and ill have to look through the series (best excuse ever) to see if there were any more hints. it also makes sense
Spoiler
why he treated the others badly to begin with and he even tells them that
. As soon as the reveal was shown i remebered that clip and thought it was clever because they hinted it so early on.
so yeah given the way this show is going with all its mysteries and who its writer is im willing to bet kougamis more than just the all knowing convienent wise guy.
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Logic time!

So, Ankh is:
An uncomplete Greeed = Possibly, seeing the current story development
A yummy from the real Ankh = Seems like a crack theory (no proof/evidence whatsoever), but still possible I guess
A greeed created from the 10th Core = Well, there is the fact that there are the missing 10th medal for each Greeed, so I guess it's possible
The past OOO = Can't be true, if it is so, the other 4 would hate Ankh and would try to kill him after they got free out of fear of being sealed again
The master of all greeeds = The other 4 doesn't seem to regard Ankh as someone who is stronger than them or fear him as the master of all Greeeds
A prototype greeed = It's possible, since Kougami did said something about humans experimenting many times during creating the "complete" Greeed (complete = missing the 10th core)

So if Ankh is a prototype, then that means he actually have 10 Core Medals, unlike the others who only had 9?
This might also explain why he can't create a Yummy on his own
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

ShadowX7 wrote: A greeed created from the 10th Core = Well, there is the fact that there are the missing 10th medal for each Greeed, so I guess it's possible
A prototype greeed = It's possible, since Kougami did said something about humans experimenting many times during creating the "complete" Greeed (complete = missing the 10th core)

So if Ankh is a prototype, then that means he actually have 10 Core Medals, unlike the others who only had 9?
This might also explain why he can't create a Yummy on his own
Objection! (sorry too tempting)
The reason the Greeed have any sense of self is because they evolved through their desire for their tenth destroyed core. Kougami told Eiji this when he told him about the ten cores and how the greed were created.
He said that scientists of the time made 10 core medals with the power of various animals (or something like that) and used them to give life to the artifical beings they created.
However it was deemed a failure because they were mindless or had no sense of self. So they destroyed the 10th core of each Greeed, who through their sudden desire to complete themselves developed their various personalities. Kind of a sad story: theyr like addicts who will never get their fix and can never be cured all because humans were curious.
If ankh had always had his tenth core he would have had no personality until he was free from the seal and seperated form his cores. Yet he and kazari talk about how they were simular in lying and tricking each other, ruling out that ankh had his tenth core when the others had theirs destroyed.
Its possible Kougami is lying that they were destroyed, they may have just been hidden by the scientists. But either way whatever is different about ankh it is not because he had his 10 cores in the past. And if the Shingo Ankh does turn out to have been the tenth core of the original Ankh greed then how could that one have its memories and personality when it had never been a part of ankh when he was sentient. In short I think the tenth core being ankh is incorect, maybe they were not destroyed and are hidden but it is not ankh.
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by ScatterBrain »

By the way I chose a yummy created by ankh because its the closest thing to what i think he is.
m0lecules
Infinity
Favorite series: KR Decade and Double
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto and Blade

Post by m0lecules »

For some reason, I think I know the reason why Greeeds have 9 Core Medals in order to be complete
Spoiler
instead of 10
. It must have something to do with the series' theory of Inifinity.
Spoiler
The Infinity Symbol, then another "O" as hinted in the previous episodes.
As of now, I'd go with Ankh is created with the will of the 10th Core Medal
Spoiler
as because of his reaction when Eiji asked him how he is kinda different from the other Greeeds,
as this appeals for me more than the other options.
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

I always had the idea that Ankh was some kind of priest... I have no idea where that comes from but I can't forget it :?
Last edited by Lyra on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jynx
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR Decade
Dreamy: Kotoha
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by Jynx »

I'm calling right now that Kougami is more involved in it then he appears. Mostly for the fact that, in a marathon of about 8 episodes I hadn't watched yet, I noticed something about his logo outside the Foundation building. Its either very close to, or IS, the Tajador symbol.

And I beg your forgiveness if this has been discussed before.
Luck? Its just a roll of the dice...
Jynx
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Jynx wrote:I'm calling right now that Kougami is more involved in it then he appears. Mostly for the fact that, in a marathon of about 8 episodes I hadn't watched yet, I noticed something about his logo outside the Foundation building. Its either very close to, or IS, the Tajador symbol.

No need for forgiveness the more on this bus the better. Plus you do bring something new to this table that I don't think anyone mentioned before.
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

Jynx wrote:I'm calling right now that Kougami is more involved in it then he appears. Mostly for the fact that, in a marathon of about 8 episodes I hadn't watched yet, I noticed something about his logo outside the Foundation building. Its either very close to, or IS, the Tajador symbol.

Can you please tell me in which episode the Logo can be seen clearly?
And is it just me or is Ankh the only one who can hear the sound of cell medals? (forgive me if that's a stupid question, I didn't have the time to re-watch a couple of episodes)
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I think its more he can hear the cell medals in a Yummy, allowing him to detect them.
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen

Post by Barim »

Catastrophe wrote:I think its more he can hear the cell medals in a Yummy, allowing him to detect them.
He did react awfully quick to Date dropping his milk can.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
GraveZero
Infinity
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Nexus

Post by GraveZero »

Maybe he's incomplete and there's more Ankh somewhere else? Of all the Greeed Ankh is definitely missing the most Medals and I always wondered how they really managed to FORM if most of their medals were missing. If there were four Gamel Cores in one pile and four in a seperate pile would they combine or make two Gamels or what?

Ignoring the fact I'm fairly certain Kougami has most of the Cores (given how quickly Kazari acquired his own) doesn't it seem weird Ankh managed to form out of just one medal? Wouldn't the largest pile of red medals form into him? So I guess I'm going with incomplete Greeed if my theory holds o.o I could well be wrong.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”