DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Re: Ankh's Identity?

Post by DrowningFishy »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote:The story progression for OOO seems pretty slow, and it is kind of getting nerve grating now. It stopped being funny like an episode or two ago. They better give up some plot hints, other then the chic witch added more questions.
Welcome to 49-50 episode long series', care to enjoy your stay?
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

Chaosleader0 wrote: Also multiple articles on the show have spelled it Unkh and not Ankh. Also if you listen close enough it sounds like Un not An it has to do with how they pronounce their letters to get the sound of Ahnk in english would have to be spelled Unkh.
If you can read this katakana on your computer:

アンク

Which spells out "Anku" if change it to romaji. To sound it out, the first "ア" or "A" spelled in his name is pronounced "Ah," as in say "Ah" to prod your mouth.

Therefore, I'm pretty sure the name is "Ankh." Unless you know your Japanese, which you don't seem to as you don't know the sounds of each kana, you should probably just let the staff handle it.
GraveZero
Infinity
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Nexus

Post by GraveZero »

Wouldn't they be calling him Uncle if they called him Unkhu? That'd be a pretty bizarre name for a Greeed.

Moving on, what are the odds someone (*cough*Dr Maki*cough*) might have been screwing around with the core medals and that's why Ankh is in the state he's in? Given his experiments on Kazari/Gamel maybe he was trying to make a Greeed with different styles of cores and this is why Ankh's... Ankh? Not all that likely but possible?
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Personally I think the reason why he can't get a whole body is because of the fact he took form with the core medals of the other greeds.

He got his form while having 1 of his own core medals (2e medal in possession of Eiji) and a few medals of the other greeds. It might have had a negative impact on his body since we don't really know what the full effect is of using medals of other greeds, we do know however that just having a single medal another greed isn't enough to have any kind of impact. So because he started with more foreign medals then his own it could have caused some side effects

Another reason why he can't regenerate fully might be because he has been a arm for to long. He is using another persons body to get around but that could be something like not using your own legs for to long resulting not being able to walk.

And the reason why he can't make jummys might be answered next eps but personally I think it is because of his current condition of just being a arm.
ScatterBrain
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen rider Den O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Faiz
Dreamy: Yuuto
Favorite Actor?: Yuichi Nakamura
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Everything Japanese!
Quote: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Post by ScatterBrain »

Chaosleader0 wrote:How about this for a thought. That coffin they were in wasn't for the rest of the Greeeds but just for Ankh and he was the first medal container. The reason that they were all sealed in was because Ankh had all their medals within them. That was his Greed was for power but because of what happened his new Greed is for a complete body that cannot die or be sealed the way instead of the previous greed.

Also my friends have figured out general rules about Kamen Rider one being that everything will be explained eventually. I hate that it has to be eventually and can't be now though.
But ankh said to kazari in the episode Eiji met him that the reason he didnt work with kazari like he use to was that they both use to decieve eachother. i would think that indicates ankh has always been a greeed or at least never human. also i think ankh knows whats wrong with him as he has never asked (in monologue) why his form hasnt returned. when eiji did ask (and why he hasnt again is an annoying convenience) ankh smiled and was about to tell him (which makes it even more annoying when eiji doesnt bring it up later).
the plot is moving abit slow now, it just seems to be to give gotou some character development and tajadoru some screen time, which isnt completely a bad thing. Im sure the story will change from the repetative make a yummy kill a yummy and nothing more it feels its been doing and get back to explaining whats going aswell as raise the stakes for the heroe's. 23 was promosing with some hints to date so im off to watch 24.
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof!
Chaosleader0

Post by Chaosleader0 »

Warrior of Zarona wrote:
Chaosleader0 wrote: Also multiple articles on the show have spelled it Unkh and not Ankh. Also if you listen close enough it sounds like Un not An it has to do with how they pronounce their letters to get the sound of Ahnk in english would have to be spelled Unkh.
If you can read this katakana on your computer:

アンク

Which spells out "Anku" if change it to romaji. To sound it out, the first "ア" or "A" spelled in his name is pronounced "Ah," as in say "Ah" to prod your mouth.

Therefore, I'm pretty sure the name is "Ankh." Unless you know your Japanese, which you don't seem to as you don't know the sounds of each kana, you should probably just let the staff handle it.
I actually only got to through Hirigana and some Kanji in my Japanese class. BUT I had said that there were a few articles about the show that weer translated to English and they spelled Ankh as Unkh.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

If you google, you'll see a great many more have been translated as "Ankh" than "Unkh"
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Lunagel wrote:If you google, you'll see a great many more have been translated as "Ankh" than "Unkh"
Ankh, Unkh-OOO, Ozu,Os

Seriously this series is full of choices. Pick one, personally I like Date's Anko.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

He's mispronouncing it. It's like me calling you DowningFisty.

And it is Ankh. Just try googling Unkh, no guesses for what it recommends (not really relevant, but I'm trying to be a smartass).
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Catastrophe wrote:He's mispronouncing it. It's like me calling you DowningFisty.

And it is Ankh. Just try googling Unkh, no guesses for what it recommends (not really relevant, but I'm trying to be a smartass).
DrowningFisty XD that was a good laugh, and I never said Unkh was right, personally till he mentioned it I did not know that was an option. I was just saying; though when you pick something you should pick something that everyone understands and are not confused by what you are refering to.
GraveZero
Infinity
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Nexus

Post by GraveZero »

Yeah, im just going to go with a straight out no-one spells it Unkh o.o
Even the Katakana spells it as A-n-Ku, its pronounced with a loud Ah at the start.
There's marginally more leeway with Greeed as you can't neccessarily hear the 3rd e but Ankh is pretty definite.

I can't tell if this is still on-topic since we are kindof discussing Ankh's identity, or at the very least his name.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

GraveZero wrote:Yeah, im just going to go with a straight out no-one spells it Unkh o.o
Even the Katakana spells it as A-n-Ku, its pronounced with a loud Ah at the start.
There's marginally more leeway with Greeed as you can't neccessarily hear the 3rd e but Ankh is pretty definite.

I can't tell if this is still on-topic since we are kindof discussing Ankh's identity, or at the very least his name.

But your name IS your identity. How would people identify who you are or what you are if no one could figure out your name?
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

DrowningFishy wrote:
GraveZero wrote:Yeah, im just going to go with a straight out no-one spells it Unkh o.o

But your name IS your identity. How would people identify who you are or what you are if no one could figure out your name?
They would find something definitive and use that as an identifier, like a love of riding motorcycles or wearing a mask.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Therm_Kitty wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote: But your name IS your identity. How would people identify who you are or what you are if no one could figure out your name?
They would find something definitive and use that as an identifier, like a love of riding motorcycles or wearing a mask.
Don't you mean disembodied hand? XD Or one with obsession to medals and cores. Anyway it was a poor attempt to explain the discussion on proper way to spell his name. As if there isn't enough to question about Anko.
Laxative
Infinity

Post by Laxative »

Lyra wrote:
Jynx wrote:I'm calling right now that Kougami is more involved in it then he appears. Mostly for the fact that, in a marathon of about 8 episodes I hadn't watched yet, I noticed something about his logo outside the Foundation building. Its either very close to, or IS, the Tajador symbol.

And I beg your forgiveness if this has been discussed before.
Can you please tell me in which episode the Logo can be seen clearly?
And is it just me or is Ankh the only one who can hear the sound of cell medals? (forgive me if that's a stupid question, I didn't have the time to re-watch a couple of episodes)

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”