Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

OOO 21 released

Post by takenoko »

Wow, Densha Otoko became a father

Why does the bug kaijin have two faces? Maybe make it look something like this?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: OOO 21 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really like this episode of OOO. It brings that what basically is a good thing to have can be twisted into something darker. So even though the Yummy is acting on the sense of justice, it does it in the wrong way. Probably the turning point that the Yummy attacks an old lady for not properly throwing away her trash or something to that effect. Another attack that gets interrupted by something and in this case, it was the Giga Scan attack.

What's with Kougami hiring people who don't really like sweets? First it was Satonaka and it's now Date. I wonder if Gotou likes sweets or not.
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Ah, the ever Well Intentioned Extremist. Part of me is wincing at how Takashi parrots his father's "philosophy" of not forgiving the "bad guys". As much as I find Takashi's insistence rather endearing, I'm a bit taken aback about that way he goes about after the "bad guys", like with the guy who wouldn't properly throw away his can near the beginning. And with the Grasshopper Yummy, if that isn't sending the wrong message from a father who's studying law, I don't know what else is.

As for the two-faces, most of the Yummys have like an extra face... :?

Oh, and "Toh!" when the Yummy jumps after the car stereo guys for the old school fans! :mrgreen:

Peafowl Candroid - a fan when you need to cool down or dry out foods fast! A must-have for any chef out there! XD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Insert Shin Kamen Rider joke here.

I really hope that this host getting in the way of the Yummy before the finisher doesn't keep happening. I remember it did a few episodes back (the host rolled in the way of the finisher while knocked out), but it just seems like a lame way to pad out the arc.

With this thought, Uva has made Yummies based on all three of his Core medals.
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

Catastrophe wrote: With this thought, Uva has made Yummies based on all three of his Core medals.
well...technically, the kuwagata yummy was indirectly made
ShadowX7
NagoSan
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Kamen Rider wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: With this thought, Uva has made Yummies based on all three of his Core medals.
well...technically, the kuwagata yummy was indirectly made
So... he was an accident?
Just like this? (can't resist since I just watched this video a while ago XD)
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Who cares if it was an accident? It still happened. That's really splitting hairs.

Oh, and lol at it being Births birthday. And Gotou still training to resist the Busters recoil. Makes me wonder how Date managed to do it so easily.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

srsly, that's gotta be one of the more freakier monster designs of OOO. I like how they wrote this episode the way they did.

Grasshoper Yummy becoming an ally of justice is not a very obvious reference *at all*. I love it though.
alteralias
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Ryuki, Blade, Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto, Sh15uya
Dreamy: Jabi from Garo
Favorite Actor?: Ninomiya Kazunari
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Tentacles

Post by alteralias »

I am not sure if anyone noticed, but the slots in the shield are 7, the number of slots in the belt is 3. I am guessing that they will eventually find the 10th medal and that will be OOO's ultimate form where he giga scans his shield with all 7 red medals and then belt scan with 3 red medals too.

Oh well just a random guess
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Phoenix512 wrote:I really like this episode of OOO. It brings that what basically is a good thing to have can be twisted into something darker. So even though the Yummy is acting on the sense of justice, it does it in the wrong way. Probably the turning point that the Yummy attacks an old lady for not properly throwing away her trash or something to that effect. Another attack that gets interrupted by something and in this case, it was the Giga Scan attack.

What's with Kougami hiring people who don't really like sweets? First it was Satonaka and it's now Date. I wonder if Gotou likes sweets or not.
I agree with above quote ^^
Plus there's many old Showa rider refs you probably could make with this Yummy hehe
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Out of curiousity, what do people think would happen if a person's desire was to help people, as in, no specific way, like possibly Eiji or Gotou for example? Obviously part of the message of show is that desires are good, but can easily go down hill, but still....

PS. Have they told us the name of the city this takes place in? I can't remember. I'm assuming it's not Tokyo, based on lack of Tower exposure.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Almost didn't get to watch 21 yet, forgot which program played HD :oops: My first thought seeing the yummy was "OMG SHIN RUN!" Okay, a lot more innocent looking then KR Shin, but the whole disturbing grasshopper theme none the less.

_Edit_ I know why that guy is so cranky against the kid in the begining, have you ever tried Black Coffee (that's the dropped can).
Last edited by DrowningFishy on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:srsly, that's gotta be one of the more freakier monster designs of OOO. I like how they wrote this episode the way they did.

Grasshoper Yummy becoming an ally of justice is not a very obvious reference *at all*. I love it though.
Phoenix512 wrote:I really like this episode of OOO. It brings that what basically is a good thing to have can be twisted into something darker. So even though the Yummy is acting on the sense of justice, it does it in the wrong way. Probably the turning point that the Yummy attacks an old lady for not properly throwing away her trash or something to that effect.
The yummy's sense of justice is blind hence why it doesn't have eyes, at least it's human face doesn't :P

I also wondered what would happen if a yummy was made based on Eiji or Gotou's desire
Since a desire of protecting others from danger can't possibly go wrong
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Kiva the Bat the 6th
Adventure

Post by Kiva the Bat the 6th »

That was nice of them to give Goseiger a send off.

Anyone know who's the suit actor for the Hopper Yummy? I want to say Takaiwa, but since he's OOO that's obviously wrong.
JSoup

Post by JSoup »

This episode was a bit of a tease.

"Ok, I'll tell you why I didn't change like other GreedOH WAIT A YUMMY LET'S FIGHT IT!"
"Hey, I just figured out some crazy awesome attackOH WAIT THE DUMBASS IS BLOCKING MY WAIT CAN'T USE IT!"

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”