Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: OOO's inconsistency keeps me up at night

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

well, each full combo gets its own special power, right? one that can't be done in any other combo? maybe the taka head changing is part of the special "red combo only" ability.

and the full combos all have nicknames in japan, like "the blazing combo" for example. well, TaToBa is "the multi combo" and pretty well balanced. maybe that's why it has its own combo jingle.
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Kizoku Kodomo[Aranu]
Favorite Actor?: Matt Smith
Favorite Band: Alice Cooper
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Super Sentai
Quote: "Henshin."

Post by Kamen Rider Aranu »

The songs are there just to sell the toy. That's my theory.
ImageImage
Warrior of Zarona
!Wizards
!Wizards

Post by Warrior of Zarona »

Here's something I always thought was dumb: The O Medal Holder.

...I mean, why? I'm pretty sure Ankh was fine with holding the medals the way he already did beforehand, and all the Holder shows is its potential to be quickly stolen. Sure, Ankh was ready for it last time, but the vulnerability is still there. There are the medals, all in a nice, neat little package, ripe for the picking.

No point whatsoever. It's like the saying, "Don't fix what don't need fixing." I would have been more okay with this if the show made it look like Ankh needed something like this, but he really doesn't.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Every collection needs a good display! Of course!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Take is correct, to sell toys essentially. Kids at home can't store cores in their freaky red right arm.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

The Medal folder is totally a merchandise plug. It's like the iPad for the kids, because they can actually reasonably expect to afford a folder without selling their arms. No Ankh pun intended.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ooo/rider/tajadol.html
So I was looking at this further last night. Looks like the Taka Head powers up to Taka Head Brave. So there is some official explanation. Fair enough (This is the only head that has a description btw, which seems really weird. You'd think mentioning the lion head does flashes and the kuwagata head does something else would be interesting)

So then I go "Huh, I've never really looked at the different names for the parts. I wonder what the chest thing is called" Apparently is called OORANGU SAAKURU オーラングサークル. Well, obviously that last part is circle, but what's the first part? O Lung Circle? Aura Ng Circle? O Rang Circle? What is this?
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

the song on tatoba was just a gimick since its the primary form, probably no other reason to move the plot.. the same way power rangers tend to pose first instead of just charging to the enemy... :mrgreen:

as for the red combo being different... its supposed to be a much stronger combo than the others and toei knows kids like dig power ups which are unique.. same way the "6th" ranger is introduced to sentai...
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

takenoko wrote:So then I go "Huh, I've never really looked at the different names for the parts. I wonder what the chest thing is called" Apparently is called OORANGU SAAKURU オーラングサークル. Well, obviously that last part is circle, but what's the first part? O Lung Circle? Aura Ng Circle? O Rang Circle? What is this?
I'd say O Lung Circle. I mean, the lungs are around there, aren't they? Or do I totally fail at anatomy?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

O-Ring Circle sounds right to me. I know it's not the usual japanization of ring, but o-rings are a real thing, and it's not like this would be the first time things have been thoroughly mangled in the back-and-forth between languages. When you consider that TaToBa has a solid golden ring surrounding his chest emblem, it kind of makes sense that the whole thing is the O-Ring Circle.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm going O Lung Circle, if only for the fact the Faiz riders had Full Metal Lungs in that area.
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

takenoko wrote:http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ooo/rider/tajadol.html
So then I go "Huh, I've never really looked at the different names for the parts. I wonder what the chest thing is called" Apparently is called OORANGU SAAKURU オーラングサークル. Well, obviously that last part is circle, but what's the first part? O Lung Circle? Aura Ng Circle? O Rang Circle? What is this?
Agree with Catastrophe. Ring is リング.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

takenoko wrote:Not really

Why does his head change in Tajador form even though none of the other combos changes parts of his body?
Well, I believe it's becoz the Taka head in Tatoba combo serves it's purpose that is for a simple and plain look of a basic form. U can't expect that they'd use Taka head (Tajador combo) for being the head part in Tatoba combo, the basic form that's supposed to look plain and simple. What Im telling you is the Taka head (Tajador combo) is too cool and bad ass to be put on OOO basic form (Tatoba combo)
ShadowX7 wrote:
takenoko wrote:Not really

But is there any in-canon explanation for how the system works? Why is Tatoba get a special song besides the fact that it's his main form according to the toy company? Why does his head change in Tajador form even though none of the other combos changes parts of his body?

Make some sense! This isn't a children's show, after all!
The head changed in TaJaDor because the combo is more compatible with the OOO driver
You're telling me that the Tajador combo is more compatible with the OOO driver coz the head simply change? I thought it was more like the writer simply doesn't want to retain the 'plain and simple' looking taka head of tatoba combo as the taka head of tajador combo. They want taka head in tajador to look more intimidating
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

It's to make it look flashy. The thing is, when the originally designed the suit, they probably didn't even think about the full red combo at that time. It probably came later, they thought 'Normal Taka head looks lame with this, lets jazz it up and make it 'brave''
crunchman61
Go Go!

Post by crunchman61 »

I agree with your catastrophe. Since they showed the Taka head with the Kujaku outside of combo form, it looks kinda silly without the Brave upgrade. either way, coolest form to come out

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”