Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
nekuth
Number 6
Number 6

Re: KR OOO 28 released

Post by nekuth »

why, oh why, did they mention Susan Boyle in the 1000th Kamen Rider episode? is she a big thing in Japan?
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Phoenix512 wrote:Neither do I but I thought they were the Rider Girls which someone said they aren't. Gotou being a rock and being able to damage Kazuri with a rocky headbutt was pretty funny. And Hina using her strength to inflict damage on a Yummy was about damn time. I think the 1000 medal thing was once again reference to the 1000th episode of Kamen Rider but it was nice to see that all the parts can combine into something even though where the Medals were going to is another question.

I would like to see the fake movie they shot. It would be an awesome extra to have.
^^ I totally agree. But you have to admit, it was alright for a 1000th episode special, thank goodness we do not have to worry about people whining or speculating the 2000th episode o.o;
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

NeoStorm wrote:thank goodness we do not have to worry about people whining or speculating the 2000th episode o.o;
I dunno... assuming they don't take another 11 year break between seasons somewhere down the line, we'll hit the 2000th episode in about 20 years (if they average 50 episodes a year). I'm hoping to still be alive in 2031.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Catastrophe wrote: The fight was kind of weak to be honest. Injuring Date to but a handicap on the fight was kinda pointless, Kazari always seems to stomp him (and he's nearly powered up all the way now, so it was moot). Ankhs comment on him having not long to live or whatever, seemed kind of random. Did it pertain to his injuries (which weren't that serious, as he was directing and fighting without any real looking damage), or is it a reference to what Maki said a few episodes ago? (saying something like someone in his condition).
YEAH! OOO seems to much like a humor show, it's like pegging off a main charater in Den-O. Mark my words even if he would kick the bucket some how he'd magically arrise again. I mean W did the whole rising from the dead thing (sorta-digital human but still dead). I do not put any weight on words when it pertains to the health of the riders, this show has proved to be misleading plenty of times.

2031 I'll be 59 0_o Ol' biddy or not I'd still be watching.
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:05 am

Kougami:
SUBARASHIII!!!
Greatest Troll ever...I mean it.

Satonaka:
cute. "Minna-saaaan." *suddenly pops-out from the bush holding a monitor of the TROLL*

Hina:
Lots of Strength, less guts/courage... now is the time for her to start helping Eiji.

she can be a rider candidate

Ankh & Eiji:
C'mon Eiji, touch Ankh again with your kindness. He's mad at you...
EH Hina as a canidate to be a rider, that would be epically scary.

And if Eiji touches Anko with this thing called kindness I think this Holy Ice Greedyness will snap. Then we'll really have a death of a rider AND a mess to clean up. XD
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Silent_X »

Wow, 1000 episodes.
To think that eventually I'm going to have seen all of them.

edit: It was nice to see all of those combatants. At the same time it was weird that they used the Leo Soldiers since they were only used for a few episodes. I guess you could say the same for the masquerade dopants.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I cracked up when Date took over the OOO Driver's job of singing the TaToBa jingle...and then he did it a second time. Gotou making use of his "rock head" was also pretty funny. The rest of the episode...same complaints as 999. They needed to either completely break 4th wall and throw plot development to the side, or be a bit more subtle with the tribute.

Although I have to admit - Kougami's television wall o' Kamen Riders was awesome.

Loved the commercials. The 40th anniversary tribute was very nice. The Kamen Rider Girls...eh, I hope their 15 minutes are up quickly. Their dance movements looked terrible in that commercial. Thank goodness the commercial for the Heisei Best of collection was right after that.

Others: Mojibakeru - I remember first hearing about those near the end of Shinkenger's run. Pretty neat. The Idaho Burger scared me. What was on that thing? Those AC Japan commercials were interesting. That's all that played the first week after the earthquake, so it was nice to see what message they were trying to get across to viewers.
DrinkItDown
RYUKI TARDFACE
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: Faiz Bar Tender chic
Favorite Band: L'Arc en Ciel
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Cars i suppose

Post by DrinkItDown »

I hated this whole arc. It just felt too weird and out of place. Very forced. Can't wait to get back to my regularly scheduled one armed shenanigans.
Old school TVN member
formerly FA|RokkumanEXE
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Clearly Japan has some very good crack.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

This was a good episode to me. It was funny with the whole 'absorb 1000 medals' thing. the whole time i was laughing at the way it looked. And then Dr.Maki had to say 'Birth's Ultimate Thing Is about to appear!' Too much!

Looking back at the whole Shauta combo/scorpion Birthday thing was kinda pointless. He (Hino) Could have just rode on top of it. And it's final.....Does it remind anyone else of W Xtreme with the Prism Shield?
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

The two shocker women are Harisenbon, a comedy duo. One of their gags is ______ janeo, in this case Susan Boyle.

I now understand why Birth's gun doesn't actually shoot the cell medals, it's so Bandai can sell guns to small children without risking the lawsuits.

Maki is becoming more and more ridiculous every episode. Though I guess ridiculous shouldn't be counted against anyone in this episode.

I agree that they were shoving the 1000 medals into the Birth driver, but that doesn't really make the scene less awkward.

I have so much hope for the next episode. Are we finally going to learn about Ankh, or have our expectations dashed again?
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Craptastic episode.

Making it a '"normal" episode was a mistake. It shouldn't have had anything to do with the main plot, so we could consider it pure fan service. Cazali and Ankh's situation seemed out of place mixed with all that meta and Shocker stuff.

The cameos weren't funny and since they didn't have anything to do with the story, they just seemed random.

The only funny thing in the episode was Date saying TaToBa. Oh, and Kogami tricking Ankh.

Hina's strenght works as a comic relief, even though I don't like it, but using it like that just makes everything ridiculous.

Birth has been a punchbag for a while now and the solution they come up with is a lame mecha they won't even be using much... And they are making the Greed run away too much. Cazali is very powerful now and yet he ran away pretty easily...

In the end the film they were shooting had a plot that was more interesting than this arc... Eiji as KR was pretty cool.

I don't know, Eiji, Date and Ankh are cool characters. Mezul, Cazali and Uva are good villains. But they let the show get boring. It started after they killed Mezul.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, some of the messages that aired were pretty touching. I'm really glad we got those XD

I'm also not sure what the English speaking Japanese girl and the puppet man were selling. Anyway, a lot of the commercials were funny, weird, or just interesting
Camzero1
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka from Gokaiger
Favorite Actor?: Shu Watanabe
Favorite Band: Don't Know
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Core Medals!!!
Quote: I Like Cereeeeeal!!!

Post by Camzero1 »

I kind of enjoyed the random stuff in this episode...... but back to the main story with Ep 29!!! 8)
Gokai Change!

{Presses GokaiSilver Button}

{{Presses Button On Top Of GokaiCellular}}

{{{GokaiCellular Scans GokaiSilver Ranger Key}}}

GooooookaiSilver!
(yes, i put GooooookaiSilver! instead of Gooooookaiger!)
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

Nice tribute ;)it wasn't any better (or worse) than 27, but still good!
Kougami and Maki.... God! I like those two more and more every episode! xD

But how on earth can I survive a week 'till the next episode?!?!?! X(
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Could someone identify the various cannon fodder goons there? I saw the Masqurade dopants from double and at least two Worms from Kabuto and of course the Combatants from Kamen Rider. But what were the white guys with batons, the red guys with batons and the gold guys that kind of look like the Drones from Kabuto (I'm thinking they kind of resemble the look of the daily Kaiju from Kuuga, so they could be that, not sure though). Also the two ladies who were wearing Combatant uniforms seemed like it was supposed to be a specific reference that I'm not getting, (Much like the Grasshopper Yummy's 'Toh!')

TL;DR What were the red guys, the white guys and the gold guys in with the other Cannon Fodder and what were the two old ladies a reference to?

-Edit: I know that this is the past but "Eeee!" as a battle cry? Really? "Pi-KA-Chu" makes a more threatening battle cry.

-Edit 2: ALso, not sure I want to see Birth/Date's Ultimate thing...DX

-Edit 3: This is a kind of request who whoever does the type setting, but one thing I love about your subs is how you guys always use colors to differentiate things, people abilities, etc. Would it be possible to do that with the different names of Birth's different gadgets? Most are identifible based on their names, but some aren't.
Spoiler
for example the yellow scissor arm that was the scorpions right claw.

Edit 4: Wheee! Mecha Sasori surfing!

Edit 5: I really should wait till I finish an episode before I hop on the forums to ask questions... Almost done with the episode, so I should have at most 2 or 3 things to add to this post...

Edit 6(And final): What was that one Kanji that was in red when the credits rolled before Cakeboss stood up? Also, were the credits for the in-episode movie (As in Eiji Hino as Kamen Rider, etc) Or the actual actors themselves (IE, Watanabe Shu as Hino Eiji)?
Last edited by hunter-urufu on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”