Pronounced like the Os in the cheerios
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Re: Why OOO Is An Interesting Series

Post by kokowaks »

i don't blame den-o for being den-o.. it tried to be different from the rest... coming next to a "somewhat old-school" hibiki and a very straight forward kabuto, the series tried to have more of an anime appeal... and its pretty much successful to the point that i think only den-o could pull that off...

what i blame is his successors trying so hard to like den-o... but i guess its only momo that has that charm...

don't take me wrong but i don't really see W as more mature... yes i agree that the ending was epic... but the way they play out MOST of the detective-thing is kinda weak and the characters are somewhat a single-personality-imagin... heck those cop guys(the side chars) don't really act like cops(see kuuga and agito's cops or even the guys on OOO's 1st episode)... although the last few arcs changed my impression...

OOO on the other hand somewhat gives that realistic feel of the first 5 heisei series... plus the fact that the story somewhat goes on despite having a 2 week monster arc... sure it has some shades of den-o but they felt natural and not so forced... its somewhat mature topics like politics and wars(not some rider-war but real-life war) is something very interesting... and what i really like about it is how they play out the whole "desire" theme very well, from politicians to underwears... :lol:
Last edited by kokowaks on Mon May 23, 2011 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

OOO is an interesting series because of the chemistry between all the actors working well and the subtle mix of comedy, action and story-telling that has been constantly improved over 1000 episodes. LOL *couldn't help myself with that mess*
Ankochan79
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: ANKH!
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryousuke
Favorite Band: TETRA-FANG
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Ankh
Quote: "Eiji, come!" (Ankh)

Post by Ankochan79 »

Ankh. He's just the greatest antihero ever. Miura-san's acting skills are amazing, playing two characters in the series. Ankh is somehow tragic and lonely character although that all is covered up by his self-centered behaviour, his child-like temperament and him just being... well, Ankh. First, I didn't know what to think about the series, it seemed kinda confusing and I didn't like the Kamen Rider costume or "operating system". But after few episodes it hit. Huge wave of fangirlness! XD I've been on that road ever since. In a way all Kamen Riders have their own addicting touch, but OOO has kept me in the claws the tightest way possible so far. ^^
Give back my Core Medals! It's not like you're Greeed enough to keep them to yourself!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ANKH/159907947401664
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

DrowningFishy wrote:To be honest I hated OOO at first. The suit looked funny, and to be honest the story irked me as much as Decade. Shoot even Decade had a better beginning. What changed it for me, honestly and truthfully, was the interesting conversations that popped up. Anyone who has kept up with conversations of OOO since its premire knows that some pretty interesting stuff has come around.

Now it is safe to say that it is the charaters, and how the actors portray them that is interesting. It is now a love/hate relationship as you wait to hear about the past history of the main charaters. Love their stories, hate the wait as they drag it out. You even begin to wonder if all of them will be around in the end.

Yes, and tokusatsu is an art. It takes a BIG imagination to think of some of the monsters, including the dancing flaming banana. Hahhaha love to see Eiji face that.
Didn't everyone hated Kamen Rider OOO one time?
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Cephalodude wrote:For me, it's Ankh. The dynamic that is formed between him and Eiji is interesting and, for a kids' show, surprisingly complex.

So we have a character who is by appearance and nature a villain- he's a Greeed, shows a blatant disregard for humanity (and others of his kind) and is clearly motivated by my his own interests.
>>>
Complex, huh. I'm sure that you haven't watched other Kamen Rider series for sure.
Anyway, Ankh's personality seems 'kind and nice' if you compare it with Kusaka Masato a.k.a KR Kaixer/Kaixa in Faiz series.
OOOKaiser wrote: Didn't everyone hated Kamen Rider OOO one time?
>>>
Everyone, eh. This is what 'generalization' really means.
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

To be honest, I thought OOO was gonna be a great series after reading the plot before the series even aired. Was I the only one that thought the story was gonna be great because of the costume? Or am I just weird like dat?
Kamen Rider Den-O
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: Kamen Rider Fourze

Post by Kamen Rider Den-O »

Kamen Rider wrote:To be honest, I thought OOO was gonna be a great series after reading the plot before the series even aired. Was I the only one that thought the story was gonna be great because of the costume? Or am I just weird like dat?
Not really I liked the OOO costume and I have a few friends who only watched the series cause they saw the costume for OOO so you ain't weird just have a different thought process then others
KillerGazebo
Gao
Quote: Now...count up your sins!

Post by KillerGazebo »

I wasn't particularly excited by the OOO pre-release stuff. Of course I didn't read up on the story so that was an immediate draw in starting with the first episode. I also fell in love with the music of this series, it has a lot of good Ska tracks and the themes for various combos and for Birth are awesome. The only real misstep was in the name of the henchmen. I honestly almost shut the video off the first time I heard that they were called Yummy's, I still thiink that's a really dumb name for someone whose supposed to be bad. That took time to grow on me but the rest of the good things about OOO kept me watching and I'm really glad I did. :)
Completed: Faiz, Blade, Hibki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
Watching: Fourze, Gobusters, Akibaranger

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”