atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Re: Let's Go Rider Kick!! 2011 by Kamen Rider GIRLS - A Crit

Post by atilim »

crappy song
Bad playback of the song, there mouths hardly even move
outfits are indeed bit to sexual but honestly it is much less then the stuff you get to see from the US where females usually dance sexually while being half naked.

I do think the the poster is a bit overrating about the ''bad example''. And in the tv show itself the female characters have nothing sexual about them, they may wear mini skirts sometimes but that is normal in Asia so that should not be a problem.

The amount of really strong female characters is indeed almost non existed but in most Kamen Rider shows the female characters are strong supporting characters and enough male characters also had a similar role.

Few examples of strong female supporting characters Agito, Blade, Hana from Den-O. Bigger problem with female characters are the lack of development instead of being the damsel in distress.

And a fun pic of the Rider girls
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5k8oCN0qdL8/ ... girls2.jpg

Damm OOO is a player, stealing Blades girl
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Just a little foreshadowing, but I think you might be spoiling something T-N might be working on.

Just saying.
ImageImage
Uncontrol
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Uncontrol »

atilim wrote:crappy song
I do think the the poster is a bit overrating about the ''bad example''. And in the tv show itself the female characters have nothing sexual about them, they may wear mini skirts sometimes but that is normal in Asia so that should not be a problem.
To be fair, I did point out that Hina and Yuri are both non-sexualized characters. I don't think I'm overreacting about this being a bad example, though; this is the type of media that ingrains misogyny. It teaches us to view women as objects and not as people, as heroes. I understand that the KR series isn't too bad in this regard but I don't think we should ignore this pretty disgusting video.

Gunzy, I wondered about that, I guess they will probably release this video subbed ... if that's the case, this topic will likely be locked, but it's a music video, so I wasn't sure.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The video is pretty superficial, I'll give you that. No offense, but your opinion does come off as a little naive. The main point of the video is that the girls are pretty, it is what it is. But that's not a bad thing in it of itself. I don't think that liking the way girls look instantly translates to treating them as objects. There's nothing wrong with earning money based on how attractive one is.

Let's keep this in perspective. I would have a lot more problems with something that portrayed women as stupid or arbitrarily inferior to men. Something actually negative. It's hard to talk about gender politics if everything that women do is bad. And while I'm not saying this is a positive example, it really more falls under neutral than the bad category.

If I had to critique the video, I'd have to say it's just kind of boring. The girls swivel and pose and whatnot, and you get some shots of the Kamen Riders doing some moves, but that's it. The best scene is the Shocker getting blinded by the transformation and going flying backward.

And overall, Kamen Rider Girls is just such a silly concept in general. If people like attractive girls sorta dressed like their favorite Kamen Riders, but not really, more power to them. But this sort of thing isn't really for me.
KR_cRAYzy
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Dreamy: Shiratori Yuriko
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: D-51
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Super Text Twist

Post by KR_cRAYzy »

If anything, this video is lacking. The lyrics, the music, the dancing, it's just over all a bland attempt. Clips of it sounded pretty good, but it was playing with awesome scenes from the movie, seeing a stand alone PV just diminishes the song. I never thought I'd say it, but it actually gets annoying hearing "Kamen Ridah!" Over and over again.

Definitely not putting it on a play list.

COMPLETE

Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Blade, 555, Hibiki Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W

STANDING BY
OOO
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

To be fair to the song, the original song was rather simple itself. Although I'll admit, KR Girls makes it a heck lot more catchier.

As for the video, I have to agree that it's kinda lackluster compared to most previous KR MVs.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Just been looking at a concert of these little girls, damm it is bad :P
Joe_Mello
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: The Iromonea

Post by Joe_Mello »

Yeah, this is just really dull idol pop. Not much else to say unless they cover the other 4 themes.
CarterSensei wrote:I wound up playing "Kaiju" for a group of 2nd graders who wanted to play sentai. I think I blew up.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

those rider girls looked like some sailormoon girls in sentai colors... with rider belts :lol: :lol: ... but then again they're cute.... :mrgreen: no problem with cute girls here... 8)
poelske1
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Favorite Actor?: Ryuki Takahashi
Favorite Band: Any J-Pop band
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Dragons and stuff

Post by poelske1 »

The song is now kinda stuck in my head. At random times I just shout 'Kamen rider, kamen rider, rider, rider!'
Wachted: KR ryuki, 555, Hibiki, kabuto, kiva, decade, W
SS: Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger,

Watching: KR: Blade, OOO
SS: Gokaiger
Uncontrol
7X
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Uncontrol »

Weird how my original post was deleted even though responses to it weren't. Anyway, here was my critique of the video:

http://brad-t.tumblr.com/post/545442241 ... 1-by-kamen

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”