Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Greeed and host choice

Post by hunter-urufu »

I don't know if this has been addressed/answered/asked yet, but do the greed have any specific theme to their choice of hosts for their Yummies? I know Mezool seemed to focus on superficial, consumerist desires, and obviously Gemel used his own desires, so that's two. Have Uva and Kazari had any specific theme to their choice of hosts?

For Kazari I'd be tempted to guess that he seems to choose people who want to do something but can't for some reason. The doctor from a couple episodes ago, for example.

Uva, I have no clue.

So, Discuss!
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Re: Greeed and host choice

Post by DrowningFishy »

hunter-urufu wrote:I don't know if this has been addressed/answered/asked yet, but do the greed have any specific theme to their choice of hosts for their Yummies? I know Mezool seemed to focus on superficial, consumerist desires, and obviously Gemel used his own desires, so that's two. Have Uva and Kazari had any specific theme to their choice of hosts?

For Kazari I'd be tempted to guess that he seems to choose people who want to do something but can't for some reason. The doctor from a couple episodes ago, for example.

Uva, I have no clue.

So, Discuss!
Well I know Uva, if I got the names straight, went more towards people who wanted money. Kiddy anko seems to aim towards people who want something unabtainable. And we know purple is attracted to voids. As for Catboy, I do not know, he just seems to aim for who has the strongest greed.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Uva indeed has the habit of going to those that want material stuff like money, power, jewels etc. Not always like that time with the nerd that wanted to save the world or with that kendo women.

kazari usually goes with ''interesting'' desires but overall I can't really see a pattern since his first was a fat man and his eating habits, then he also choice a docter who went out of control, a researcher that decided to become a beauty, a criminal who wanted revenge etc.

I don't think the greeds are particularly picky when they choice a host, as long as the desire is strong enough to get some decent medals.
Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

I think the Greed do pick certain desires, much like their Yummies seem to have their own distinction from other greeds. For instance, Uva's tend to be very smart and can talk vs Mezool's who were weak but numerous, a swarm, or Kazari's who lives inside it's host at first. And to that, it seems like the greeed even follow the 7 sins... or maybe I'm stretching it a bit haha.

Spoiler
Also each cell medal has a certain attribute to them that resemble a greed's core. I think that determines the type of greed it can use and the yummy it'll produce.

Uva seems to pick people who want more superficial things. Like money or fame or even power. Literally greed based desires.

I think with Kazari is related to what's in my tag and that explains why he's hard to figure out... but if you think about it, before he took in half of Mezool and Gamel's medals, Kazari seemed to like pride based greeds. The doctors was prideful in her abilities, the glutton was prideful in his eating. And that mirrors Kazari being a cat, who traditionally are seen as prideful people.

Mezool didn't show much, only two desires I think, being a shopper and a bomber... which leads me to believe she likes desires based on something that the person really likes or finds comfort in. Perhaps envy or lust?

I always felt like Ankh would be something related to anger/wrath based on his character. All we've really seen is the boxer and the new guy. The desire to fight no matter what and a desire we'll discover this week. I want to say Ankh uses greed that want something no matter what, a more violent greed, which seems to fit Ankh's personality in my opinion.

And Gamel is just lazy.... even his yummy seem to be slow, in a sense, slothful because Gamel uses himself and the yummy never accure any cell medals because the yummy are too lazy to make it. Haha too much of a stretch?
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Quote: If it cannot hatch from its shell, the chick will die without ever truly being born. We are the chick; the world is our egg. If we don't break the world's shell, we will die without truly being born. Smash the world's shell, for the Revolution of the World.

Post by hunter-urufu »

Doguso wrote:I think the Greed do pick certain desires, much like their Yummies seem to have their own distinction from other greeds. For instance, Uva's tend to be very smart and can talk vs Mezool's who were weak but numerous, a swarm, or Kazari's who lives inside it's host at first. And to that, it seems like the greeed even follow the 7 sins... or maybe I'm stretching it a bit haha.

Spoiler
Also each cell medal has a certain attribute to them that resemble a greed's core. I think that determines the type of greed it can use and the yummy it'll produce.

Uva seems to pick people who want more superficial things. Like money or fame or even power. Literally greed based desires.

I think with Kazari is related to what's in my tag and that explains why he's hard to figure out... but if you think about it, before he took in half of Mezool and Gamel's medals, Kazari seemed to like pride based greeds. The doctors was prideful in her abilities, the glutton was prideful in his eating. And that mirrors Kazari being a cat, who traditionally are seen as prideful people.

Mezool didn't show much, only two desires I think, being a shopper and a bomber... which leads me to believe she likes desires based on something that the person really likes or finds comfort in. Perhaps envy or lust?

I always felt like Ankh would be something related to anger/wrath based on his character. All we've really seen is the boxer and the new guy. The desire to fight no matter what and a desire we'll discover this week. I want to say Ankh uses greed that want something no matter what, a more violent greed, which seems to fit Ankh's personality in my opinion.

And Gamel is just lazy.... even his yummy seem to be slow, in a sense, slothful because Gamel uses himself and the yummy never accure any cell medals because the yummy are too lazy to make it. Haha too much of a stretch?
I actually rather agree with that. I bolded my point. I think Kazari is Pride, Uva is greed, Mezool I'd argue is probably more lust than envy, though she does show signs of envy from time to time. Lost Anhk is Wrath, and Gamel is Sloth.
Pride
Greed
Lust
Envy
Wrath
Sloth

So can we then say that the Purple ones represent Gluttony? As in Consumption without end, taking infinitely without ever giving anything back?
I am a shadow....The true self....Knowledge is a burden for the strong...So what is your truth?

The dark bird who sees the truth from the cloud of the shadow! The All-knowing mind! Geki-Wing!
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

@hunter-urufu well the 7 sins do make sense. Anko is more Glutony though with his ice pops. The purple wants to bring everything back to the void. Reminds me more of wrath then anything else. Little Anko reminds me of greeed.
hunter-urufu
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by hunter-urufu »

DrowningFishy wrote:@hunter-urufu well the 7 sins do make sense. Anko is more Glutony though with his ice pops. The purple wants to bring everything back to the void. Reminds me more of wrath then anything else. Little Anko reminds me of greeed.
I wasn't counting Arm!Anhk because I was only talking about Yummy host choice, which he doesn't make use of. That said, all the Greeed make use of all of them, but they all seem to have favorites.

Doguso
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO/Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: W
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Doguso »

Yeah, Mezool is hard to figure out between lust/envy because they're so similar. Of course though, there's only 6 greed vs 7 sins which leaves one out.

For the purple greed, I also agree that he's more of a gluttony. His yummy are trying to consume everything. But it's not quite like they're obsessed with killing everything... in a way it's like the purple greed is going to be more of the anti-sin. Plus did you see how Maki created the yummy? It was at the end of one of the episodes, 30 I think. He threw a cell medal into a lamp and the yummy spawned out of that. I think the fact that the purple greed's goal is to be the end of desires and that he creates yummy's out of objects, things without desire, shows that perhaps he is anti-sin aka the end.

Ankh feels like a wrath greed but he does show some signs of gluttony... but his yummy so far hasn't shown much of gluttonous desires, so I think that doesn't make sense. With the new episode and a lot more info on Ankh, his yummy seem to follow this pattern. The parent wants something, their desire. Bird yummy gives him that desire no matter what and will ruthlessly attack people to get it. AKA the boxers and Eiji's friends.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”