Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

OOO 42 released

Post by takenoko »

All the flowers in the scene are pretty, but seem kind of artificial. I'd like to think Doctor Maki set it all up to make his point.

WTF vine rescue. What a weird scene overall.

Oooh, I like how they bring it back to the last episode with Eiji losing his sense of taste. Now that makes sense.

Heh, Ankh eating sweets montage.

So wait, does that mean those human forms that Gamel and the others have are really humans? This aspect still eludes me. I still think they're just fake human forms, but I guess this would be evidence otherwise? Oh wait, I guess the point of that scene is Gamel really can't taste what he's eating (hence why he eats the ball in the cup). Well that was oblique. But Gamel appears to think he's tasting things. Placebo effect?

I wonder why they placed Hina and Eiji so far away. If they were in the same area as the people screaming it would have still made sense without the unrealistic way they could hear people yelling from far away like that.

Is this the first time we've seen OOO's replaced Medals come out after being used?

Eh, stock footage of the purple Medals. There should only be two when he's using them as OOO.

Wow, OOO destroyed those Cores. Was that necessary? If Ankh comes back he will not be happy. Oh, I guess he was happy about that. Nevermind then.

Preview
Spoiler
In case I don't remember for next week, the title has Vulture in it, which is Hagetaka. What's taka? Why it's the same as the Taka Medal
Hagetaka 禿鷹 【はげたか】 (n) vulture
Taka 鷹 【たか】 (n) hawk, falcon, (P)
The title is written in katakana, so you know there was emphasis placed on the taka being a part of it. (Since it's a Japanese word, it's normally written in kanji or hiragana). Or maybe they thought no one would be able to read the kanji so it was written in katakana for that reason.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: OOO 42 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I like the whole scene with Gotou being trapped in ice and telling the Yummy that Satonaka is going to save him. I just love the way Satonaka saves him with her in a punk like outfit and yawning because it's the start of the morning. I was expecting Gotou to say "I'm not OOO but Birth." when he fought the Yummy for a second time. I can imagine Date doing something similar when Gotou summoned Breast Cannon at close range and using Cell Burst at close range as well.

Gamel isn't the brightest blub when comes to intelligence and more of a child than an adult. So he could possibly taste since he's more innocent in mind compared to the other Greeed. Speaking of Greeed, what's going on with Maki and him becoming a pure Greeed? Maybe we will get to see the Purple Greeed true form soon.

I really like the whole scene before Ankh II and Eiji fight. Eiji really had the best lines in that scene. I guess it's possible for the Core Medals to be destroyed. I think destroying those three Core Medals represented most of Ankh II's personality.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote:I wonder why they placed Hina and Eiji so far away. If they were in the same area as the people screaming it would have still made sense without the unrealistic way they could hear people yelling from far away like that.
It was probably due to post production constraints. A mist special effect was added to enhance the look of the "ice" people were trapped in. One of the extras wiggled too much and you could see that the effect was achieved using really big sheets of crumpled cellophane plastic.

Overall, this was a very interesting episode with lots of information about the true nature of the Greeed. The references to past episodes were really cementing the fact that the show is heading towards the final battle now that the other Ankh subplot has been resolved.
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Phoenix512 wrote:I like the whole scene with Gotou being trapped in ice and telling the Yummy that Satonaka is going to save him. I just love the way Satonaka saves him with her in a punk like outfit and yawning because it's the start of the morning. I was expecting Gotou to say "I'm not OOO but Birth." when he fought the Yummy for a second time. I can imagine Date doing something similar when Gotou summoned Breast Cannon at close range and using Cell Burst at close range as well.

Gamel isn't the brightest blub when comes to intelligence and more of a child than an adult. So he could possibly taste since he's more innocent in mind compared to the other Greeed. Speaking of Greeed, what's going on with Maki and him becoming a pure Greeed? Maybe we will get to see the Purple Greeed true form soon.

I really like the whole scene before Ankh II and Eiji fight. Eiji really had the best lines in that scene. I guess it's possible for the Core Medals to be destroyed. I think destroying those three Core Medals represented most of Ankh II's personality.
I'll admit, Eiji was pretty awesome this episode. I also loved the fight between him and Ankh II. Though I went WTF when he suddenly destroyed a set of Ankh's Core Medals. Overall, best ep I've seen yet
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

LOL @ Maki's Wao! Looking forward to seeing his Greeed form.

Gotou's point blank cannon and Eiji tearing chibi Ankh's wings were brutal.

Nice to see Hina being useful. The whole loosing the senses plot and Eiji becoming a saviour plots were cool.

Gotou and Satonaka really make a nice duo.

Eiji destroyed two of ankh's medals, so he'll never be complete. This allows him to not be sealed with the other greed
at the finale, since he won't destroy the world.

I think he'll try to trick the Maki and the other greeed.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm thinking he destroyed the medals that where the foundation for Lost Ankhs existance, hence 'saving' Ankh. Although, I imagine this will leave Ankh more than pissed off as to never being able to be complete.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I was really surprised that Eiji was able to destroy medals. I guess the Purple combo has that much power. When it goes out of control. It's weird that Ankh would use Shingo's form. You'd think he despise being human. I'm confused. If he could create this fake form of Shingo. Why did he float around as a hand when he got DC'ed from him?
ShinkenSilver
Gao

Post by ShinkenSilver »

archer9234 wrote:I was really surprised that Eiji was able to destroy medals. I guess the Purple combo has that much power. When it goes out of control. It's weird that Ankh would use Shingo's form. You'd think he despise being human. I'm confused. If he could create this fake form of Shingo. Why did he float around as a hand when he got DC'ed from him?
Ankh couldn't create a body because Lost Ankh already had his body. It appears Greeed don't work like starfish where you can cut them in half and each half grows into a whole body.

I think you've got it all wrong about Ankh disliking being human. If anything this episode implied that Ankh secretly loved having a human body because he could experience things that he couldn't in a Greeed body, like tasting things. That might be the real reason he was always so adamant about not giving back Shingo's body.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Love the fights in this eps. Anyway, about Ankh >>>
Ankh did not possess Shingo in the end of this eps., right?? So, why did Ankh assume the Shingo's bleached hairstyle (Ankh-possessed) look?? Shouldn't a Greeed assume the original look of human without altering the looks?? Kozo Ankh did so when he assumed the looks of that passing kid back then. To put it simply, this is what I think should be the correct theory of Greeed when they are assuming human form >>>
(1) Simply assume the human form/looks without possessing the host thus keeping the original looks of the human intact (Kozo Ankh's case; Kazari-tachi is likely to use this same method too since Kazari was the one giving the example to Kozo Ankh back then).
(2) Possess the human (controlling the host body) while at the same time altering the host' looks (like Ankh's case with Shingo that assume a new hairstyle + eyeliner).
ShinkenSilver wrote:Ankh couldn't create a body because Lost Ankh already had his body. It appears Greeed don't work like starfish where you can cut them in half and each half grows into a whole body.
>>> You're wrong. Every Greeed that has been destroyed could regain their bodies if they're revived again. For example, Mezool and Gamel that was destroyed by OOO Gatakiriba combo and revived by Uva.

Kozo Ankh's Greeed body are destroyed by Putotyra combo into nothingness leaving only some red core medals and cell medals. Kozo Ankh's personality are vanished too enabling Ankh's personality (within certain red core medals) to take control.
So, why did Ankh assumes Shingo (bleached hair)'s form?? It's apparently because he couldn't assume his Greeed form thanks to Eiji damaging certain red core medals which at the same time killing Kozo Ankh's personality. In a normal case, he would have assumed his NEW 'almost complete' Greeed form that consist of an incomplete head, two hands, two wings, complete upper and lower body). But, he can't, coz certain red cores have been damaged, like I stated before.

The real and proper question is, why Ankh did not assume Shingo's original black hair form instead of the bleached hair one??

Finally, we are able to witness for the first time the purple Greeed that is Dr. Maki. In this eps., we are shown Dr. Maki's Greeed pair of hands and the silhouette/shadow of Dr. Maki full Greeed form. It's becoming more and more unlikely that Eiji would transform into the other purple Greeed based on these reasons >>>
(1) The existence of Hina that keeps preventing Eiji from transforming into Greeed
(2) Well, it's simply unlikely that they will show us two purple Greeeds in one show.

Spoiler
Last edited by HyperDrake on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

I would think that Ankh re-assumed that form because he found it easier than trying to come up with a new look... also it would mean hiring a new actor.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Is anyone else getting the feeling we might get a Blade type ending?
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Catastrophe wrote:Is anyone else getting the feeling we might get a Blade type ending?
Haven't seen Blade, so I dunno.

This episode was pretty awesome. I was surprised that Eiji so easily destroyed three cores. Which tells me that when Ankh II slapped him around last episode, it was because Eiji was in control.

Preview Spoiler
Spoiler
Ankh and Uva teaming up. Somehow that just seems so natural. Also, I wonder why Ankh still needs Shingo's body?
Ragehoof
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Quote: "I was tripping on Psycho when I said that..."

Post by Ragehoof »

Preview spoiler:
Spoiler
I suppose in a way it makes sense, rather like the Gamel/Mezool combo, with a thug and a conniver, for Ankh and Uva to team up.

As for why he 'needs' Shingo's body, that should be obvious. He wants it so he can use Shingo's senses to truly enjoy life.
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

When Eiji looked up and saw Maki's doll standing on the ground blocking his way I actually screamed out loud. That thing is getting creepier all the time.

I'm not sure that it really makes sense that Eiji was able to suddenly defeat Ankh so easily when he had such trouble last episode, but I guess I'll accept that it was because he went berserk.

I think that when the Greeed assume human form they can look like whatever they want as long as they have a base form. Ankh is probably just more creative than the others.
ShinkenSilver wrote: I think you've got it all wrong about Ankh disliking being human. If anything this episode implied that Ankh secretly loved having a human body because he could experience things that he couldn't in a Greeed body, like tasting things. That might be the real reason he was always so adamant about not giving back Shingo's body.
Agreed. Ankh is obviously the most human of the Greeed, but it's never been clear if that just because he was possessing Shingo. From what Maki was saying in the episode, one of the Greeeds' main desires is to sense the way that humans do. And the ice pop montage reinforces this whole concept. The one thing I'm not sure about is Ankh's ultimate goal. He's been trying to regain his cores this whole time so that his body would be complete, while still monopolizing Shingo's body. So, which one does he really want? Which one would be better? I think that might be a reason why the writers had OOOs destroy the red cores, so that Ankh would focus on possessing Shingo.
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

LOL. Maki would go hysterical when Date touches the doll, but he makes a 'Wow' face when it nearly got shot.

wow, OOO just make a murder scene. Brutally. And Ankh's main objective isn't to be completely revive, he wants a new, stronger body. He makes it clear after OOO defeated (Mezool + Gamel)'s Mega Greeed form.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”