Infinity
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Nexus

Foundation X?

Post by GraveZero »

So, almost certain this has been mentioned before, but after seeing Movie Wars Core, I figure it's worth asking.

Is Foundation X gonna be mentioned in OOO? If it is, it's cutting it pretty fine. It could be a sweet way to tie in OOO to the W story though, and more importantly, explains why Kougami is so crazily obsessed with cakes and birthdays. Compared to Sir Drops-a-lot and Little Miss Stopwatch he's positively normal.

Thoughts? Is it incredibly unlikely they're going to tie-in all the post-Decade series?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Foundation X?

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I kinda doubt it.
OOO has a different chief producer than Double (former is Naomi Takabe, latter show has Hideaki Tsukada) but, while I can't pin everything on that dude, it is a key factor in the discussion.

Who knows? He's listed as working on Fourze so maybe we'll get something then.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Doubtful. While OOO got a mention towards the end of W, Riku said that it was a throwaway to the next series and there was no actual connection. I doubt anyone would be able to outmuscle Cake Boss anyway on the whole Medal thing anyway.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think it's easier to say that there's an OOO that exists in the W universe while the TV series that we been watching for nearly a year isn't related to the W universe at all.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Again this foundation X thing.

Up till now the only heisa kamen rider show that mentioned a previous rider is Agito regarding Kuuga. And that wasn't even by name but by unidentified lifeforms bla bla.

OOO only had a cameo appearance during the W movie, that hardly makes things connected in terms of overall story. And unless people forgot we have W doing the same thing with Decade, Decade doing it with Den O, Kiva doing the same thing with DEn O as well.

So are we going to search Foundation X with Decade as well? To justify W travelling to other dimensions or something.
And are we calling Castle Doran a den liner as well because that how we can justify Kiva travelling to the past.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

GraveZero wrote:So, almost certain this has been mentioned before, but after seeing Movie Wars Core, I figure it's worth asking.

Is Foundation X gonna be mentioned in OOO? If it is, it's cutting it pretty fine. It could be a sweet way to tie in OOO to the W story though, and more importantly, explains why Kougami is so crazily obsessed with cakes and birthdays. Compared to Sir Drops-a-lot and Little Miss Stopwatch he's positively normal.

Thoughts? Is it incredibly unlikely they're going to tie-in all the post-Decade series?
The answer is both yes and no.
YES >>> Foundation X do exist in OOO Alternate Universe (AU). With OOO AU, the example is the ones in W Forever A to Z GaiaMemory of Fate and OOO/W Movie War Core.
NO >>> Foundation X do not exist in OOO genuine/original universe. With OOO genuine/original universe, the example is the ones in OOO Series and (probably) OOO original summer movie.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O

Post by atilim »

HyperDrake wrote:
GraveZero wrote:So, almost certain this has been mentioned before, but after seeing Movie Wars Core, I figure it's worth asking.

The answer is both yes and no.
YES >>> Foundation X do exist in OOO Alternate Universe (AU). With OOO AU, the example is the ones in W Forever A to Z GaiaMemory of Fate and OOO/W Movie War Core.
NO >>> Foundation X do not exist in OOO genuine/original universe. With OOO genuine/original universe, the example is the ones in OOO Series and (probably) OOO original summer movie.
Sorry but at this moment their isn't any alternate universe for OOO. Just because the More war core isn't consistent with the story overall doesn't make it a alternate universe. OOO part can be considered a bad movie instead or a movie where the tv show took a different direction.

Kamen Riders exist all in a ''different'' universe except when it comes to teaming up movies just like Super Sentai shows.

If you look at a super sentai perspective then it may be easier to understand.

You got VS movie for allot of sentai shows, which in terms of story are usually makes sense. But the tv shows never mention the older sentai or the monsters.

So are we going to say that Japan has been under attack by monsters for years and that each time a new type of monster comes they get a new sentai and the older sentai just decided to do nothing? No we don't say that.
They all fit in the same universe when it's a movie, but tv shows is a different story. With TV show the older team doesn't exist and never has (except Gokaiger).

This is the same with the silly foundation X
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

It's a red herring.

It's unlikely that a Foundation X member will suddenly appear and take over as OOO's final boss just like in W, there's not enough episode to justify/tell the story about his/her appearance. (in W, the Foundation X guy appeared earlier and had a little bit of story about him before assuming the position as the final boss for W)

Unless... Cakeboss is actually a member of Foundation X all along! :shock:
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

Personally I like to think that Foundation X started to try and get into the Core Medal business.

....And Cake Boss found out, and DESTROYED their business since he wants to keep a monopoly on the Core Medal Business.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Sloth MD wrote:Personally I like to think that Foundation X started to try and get into the Core Medal business.

....And Cake Boss found out, and DESTROYED their business since he wants to keep a monopoly on the Core Medal Business.
SUBARASHII!!

Seriously though, I don't think we're going to see Foundation X in OOO. They can't realistically fit into the overall story anymore.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

Well, not unless it stays with nothing more than a cameo appearance, but I doubt that.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

If I were writing OOO, I'd have Uva say that the reason the Cell Medals have X's on the back is because...they're all property of Foundation X! Showa explosion before he can clarify! Quick cut to the alchemists from 800 years ago signing business forms on an iPad held out by a business-suited arm.

Next scene: Stopwatch lady sliding her smartphone screen to the news that NASA's shuttle fleet is now retired. "These pathetic Medals were limited by the Earth and the skies. With the Americans out of the way, we can pierce the heavens and bring the aether down to us."

She raises her phone and the Neo Fangire beam her up, not to be seen again until the end of the next series. The episode plays out normally from then on.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:SUBARASHII!!

Seriously though, I don't think we're going to see Foundation X in OOO. They can't realistically fit into the overall story anymore.
....Actually what they should of done was have Foundation X be the villian for the W/OOO team up.

.....And after realizing that fact, I just died a little inside at the aspect of a better movie. D: EDIT: Better than what we got.
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

Therm_Kitty wrote:If I were writing OOO, I'd have Uva say that the reason the Cell Medals have X's on the back is because...they're all property of Foundation X! Showa explosion before he can clarify! Quick cut to the alchemists from 800 years ago signing business forms on an iPad held out by a business-suited arm.

Next scene: Stopwatch lady sliding her smartphone screen to the news that NASA's shuttle fleet is now retired. "These pathetic Medals were limited by the Earth and the skies. With the Americans out of the way, we can pierce the heavens and bring the aether down to us."

She raises her phone and the Neo Fangire beam her up, not to be seen again until the end of the next series. The episode plays out normally from then on.
the nasa part you mentioned, as i was reading it, i thought you would come up with the idea of bringing in fourze into the story but instead, neo fangire? ...
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

That was a nod to Fourze, like the Engrish Medals in W. Aether = Zodiarts. But they have to be produced by someone :3

I just like using the Neo Fangire as a punchline. They were the best ending to a Rider show in recent history. A wonderfully defiant last kick in the face from the series that knew how Den-O and Decade would overshadow it and said no.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”