Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Final Form?

Post by Catastrophe »

The difference being there is that some of the OOO source material have cited the colour change of the suit. I don't recall any information about the reason as to why Fang wasn't used with any other memory. Suit budget aside.

Keeping in mind that the Purple costume is a lot more detailed than the other combos, I'm assuming because it doesn't have to be taken apart and mix matched like the other pieces of the costume they could afford to do that.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Fang wasn't used with the others because, according to magazines, Fang is incompatible with every other memory in existence. Joker is the exception, being the "wild card memory" that goes with everything. Incidentally, this is the reasoning between CJX (Philip's powers are in Cyclone, Joker is the wild card, the other Memories can't possibly handle the power of Xtreme.)

Also, I'm really not convinced that they have mix and match costume pieces for W and OOO. The only picture I've seen for either is one of CycloneJoker's back opened up, which is how pretty much every Rider suit allows entry. Is there any behind-the-scenes footage confirming it?
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Therm_Kitty wrote:Fang wasn't used with the others because, according to magazines, Fang is incompatible with every other memory in existence. Joker is the exception, being the "wild card memory" that goes with everything. Incidentally, this is the reasoning between CJX (Philip's powers are in Cyclone, Joker is the wild card, the other Memories can't possibly handle the power of Xtreme.)

Also, I'm really not convinced that they have mix and match costume pieces for W and OOO. The only picture I've seen for either is one of CycloneJoker's back opened up, which is how pretty much every Rider suit allows entry. Is there any behind-the-scenes footage confirming it?
I thought Accel was compatible with Xtreme?

As for OOOs, PuToTyra is the final form. I think people were expecting something external, not just different medals. But given their power, it definitely fits the "Final Form" mold
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:I thought Accel was compatible with Xtreme?

As for OOOs, PuToTyra is the final form. I think people were expecting something external, not just different medals. But given their power, it definitely fits the "Final Form" mold
Well, this is just speculation on my part, but Accel is likely Terui's super-compatible Memory, so it's like Cyclone for Philip and Joker for Shotaro.

In support of your post, I'll also mention that technically all the Medals are extra attachments that unlock new forms. Overlooked but true.
Spoiler
I remember a bit of confusion over Xtreme, since some spoiler readers assumed that PrismBicker would be the henshin device somehow. Then again, I guess Xtreme Memory looked different enough to make the confusion moot.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Therm_Kitty wrote: In support of your post, I'll also mention that technically all the Medals are extra attachments that unlock new forms. Overlooked but true.
True. But I was talking about an external device. W had the Xtreme Memory, Decade had the K-Touch, Kabuto had the Hyper Zecter, etc.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Well, the Dino Medals are a single unit to themselves, since they aren't used in conjunction with anything else, so they're like an external thing. Eiji didn't point to the sun and get them, nor are they a gigantic briefcase that he slots the OOO buckle into, but they're like their own thing all to themselves anyway.

Shroud's not the smartest lady ever, anyway. Best to ignore her ranting, focus on her sweet trenchcoats.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i guess what they are referring is that there is no unique extra merchandise for the final form... there is no k-touch, hyperzecter, xtreme, rouze absorber etc for the final form...

but then if we look closely Ryuki and knight just have a survive card, chalice have the evolution king card. plus the axe fits into the extra weapon upgrade with the likes of prism bricker, blade king's sword, kabuto's all-zecter sword, ryuki's survive visor...
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

kokowaks wrote:i guess what they are referring is that there is no unique extra merchandise for the final form... there is no k-touch, hyperzecter, xtreme, rouze absorber etc for the final form...

but then if we look closely Ryuki and knight just have a survive card, chalice have the evolution king card. plus the axe fits into the extra weapon upgrade with the likes of prism bricker, blade king's sword, kabuto's all-zecter sword, ryuki's survive visor...

And OOO has medals coming out of his body I call that unique....so your point?

And even if purple combo is just another combo it has just as much extra merchandise as any other rider final form. OOO has the axe, 3 medals.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

kokowaks wrote:i guess what they are referring is that there is no unique extra merchandise for the final form... there is no k-touch, hyperzecter, xtreme, rouze absorber etc for the final form...

Interesting.
>>> If they're thinking that the lacking of 'final henshin device' for OOO to assume Putotyra combo (which other previous Riders usually have), justifying the motion that the Putotyra combo is not the final form of OOO, then they are wrong.

The Purple core medals is just another set of core medals (which have a final upgrading feature), right. The same goes with Xtreme Gaiamemory and Hyper zecter. Both are just another Gaiamemory and zecter respectively (which both have a final upgrading feature).

The main similarity between the Purple core medals and Xtreme Gaiamemory and Hyper zecter is its function to upgrade the basic form of riders into that of a final one.
The main difference between the Purple core medals and Xtreme memory and Hyper zecter is >>> the Purple core medals have the same medal round shape with other previous core medals (aside from the the animal pictures engraved on it and the colors), while on the other hand, the Xtreme Gaiamemory and Hyper zecter have (1) different shapes and (2) different colors with the Kabuto zecter and other previous Gaiamemories respectively.

They have to stop thinking that all the final forms of Riders must each have 'final henshin devices' in order to do final form henshin. Some riders have but some others don't. The other riders which don't have 'final henshin devices' to do final form henshin, for example, are Ultimate Kuuga, Shining Agito, Exceed Gills, Robo Rider and Bio Rider. You have mentioned the others (Chalice, Ryuki, Knight).
CrimsonRider
Gao
Favorite series: KR Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: KR OOO
Dreamy: Riho Takada...
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: I would change this world beginning from the core, but God just won't give me it's source code...$)
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CrimsonRider »

Up to this time I had my own opinion about OOO's final form. Just give it a thought. :!:
1) Kujaku medal gives OOO Ancient Protector (name confirmed in magazines), which he can use not only to fire cell medals, but also to insert core medals into. But! Protector has 7 medal slots. Not 3, not 10 or so-so, but 7! And now think it over, there are 7 basic sets of medals (6 already apeared in series, one has yet to appear in summer movie, which is also confirmed). Coinsidence? Personally I think NO. Series revolver around number 3, and number 7 currently doesn't symbolize anything in current season.
2) Have a look at each 10-medal-set. There are 3 similar medals for chest and legs, but 4 similar ones for head. Also, this 4th one for each set seemed to stay in respective Greed's body, and not be revealed in season till now (except Ankh's 2nd Taka, he always had 2 of them, but he IS Greed anyway).
3) Every time Eiji used his scanner on Protector, it was resulting in Giga Scan (for PuToTyra's fans, not only he has special Hissatsu attack, you can see now, TaJaDor also does have it, so you could assume it is final form as well, especially because it ALSO has more detailed body (still just Taka, Kujaku, Condor, but they result in different look when combined, especially head!))
3) Considering this moment (i understand, it can be just an assumption), till now personally I thought that when Eiji gets all "4th" head medals from each set, he can then use either TaJaDor, or any another form but with Kujaku for chest part (well, admit that TaJaDor would be most spectacular anyway), and then place those 7 medals into Protector, followed by using scanner on it, it would result in transforming to final form instead of just Giga Scan. I know, it's "Blade-like", but it's still a reasonable assumption. So many facts are lined up that it's only naturally for this assumption to be born.
Ofcourse, I understand that now season is close to the end, so the final form must have appeared more early, if it wasn't PuToTyra. But we never know, what the next day brings...I don't want to make predictions, but I don't exclude my assumption till the last episode. Anyway, it should be fun to see something "unusual" in the end of whole series, something that goes above "common seasons' finals" of Kamen Rider.))) :wink:
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

atilim wrote:

And OOO has medals coming out of his body I call that unique....so your point?

And even if purple combo is just another combo it has just as much extra merchandise as any other rider final form. OOO has the axe, 3 medals.
my point is the purple medals looks exactly the same as with the other medals save for the color... but when you look at the past riders almost all of them have some extra special items which is different from what their usual equipments...
Xtreme is different from the usual cyclone joker memories with being a single memory but having 2 memory slots
K-touch was different since its a PSP :shock:
den-o has that phone for climax form...
kabuto has a hyper zecter which doesn't say henshin... :lol:

don't take me wrong... i'm not against the purple combo being the ultimate form... as long as OOO's has one then its fine...
i kinda just felt like it was not presented as grand as the others when it was introduced when compared to the other series...
but then again then the other combos are still very powerful when compared to the normal forms of the other riders...
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

CrimsonRider wrote:Up to this time I had my own opinion about OOO's final form. Just give it a thought. :!:
1) Kujaku medal gives OOO Ancient Protector (name confirmed in magazines), which he can use not only to fire cell medals, but also to insert core medals into. But! Protector has 7 medal slots. Not 3, not 10 or so-so, but 7! And now think it over, there are 7 basic sets of medals (6 already apeared in series, one has yet to appear in summer movie, which is also confirmed). Coinsidence? Personally I think NO. Series revolver around number 3, and number 7 currently doesn't symbolize anything in current season.
2) Have a look at each 10-medal-set. There are 3 similar medals for chest and legs, but 4 similar ones for head. Also, this 4th one for each set seemed to stay in respective Greed's body, and not be revealed in season till now (except Ankh's 2nd Taka, he always had 2 of them, but he IS Greed anyway).
3) Every time Eiji used his scanner on Protector, it was resulting in Giga Scan (for PuToTyra's fans, not only he has special Hissatsu attack, you can see now, TaJaDor also does have it, so you could assume it is final form as well, especially because it ALSO has more detailed body (still just Taka, Kujaku, Condor, but they result in different look when combined, especially head!))
3) Considering this moment (i understand, it can be just an assumption), till now personally I thought that when Eiji gets all "4th" head medals from each set, he can then use either TaJaDor, or any another form but with Kujaku for chest part (well, admit that TaJaDor would be most spectacular anyway), and then place those 7 medals into Protector, followed by using scanner on it, it would result in transforming to final form instead of just Giga Scan. I know, it's "Blade-like", but it's still a reasonable assumption. So many facts are lined up that it's only naturally for this assumption to be born.
Ofcourse, I understand that now season is close to the end, so the final form must have appeared more early, if it wasn't PuToTyra. But we never know, what the next day brings...I don't want to make predictions, but I don't exclude my assumption till the last episode. Anyway, it should be fun to see something "unusual" in the end of whole series, something that goes above "common seasons' finals" of Kamen Rider.))) :wink:
Your theory has a bit of flaws.
The Kujaku "Ancient Protector" or whatever >>>

- You're right about that Kujaku protector thing being able to store 7 core/cell medals. But if you take a good look (again) at Putotyra combo' weapon (that Axe/Bazooka thing), you'd realize that that weapon could (probably) store much more than 7 core/cell medals, whereas, the Kujaku protector thing is limited only to 7 at the maximum.

- Furthermore, it's unlikely that that Kujaku protector thing could serve as a Henshin device coz its purpose so far is only to execute Giga Scan special attacking moves. I'm more curious with the chance of the existence of other version of Giga Scan special attacking moves if Eiji use three core medals of other colors (three green > Giant Insect, three blue > Giant Marine Animal and so on) than of it being another Henshin device. I'm sticking to OOO Driver as the exclusive mean to do the Henshin job. Not all precedent of previous Rider stuff works in the new show.

And as for the...
Spoiler
...other set of cores in the summer movie preview, well, it's highly likely that that new set is in the same caste as the previous 'inferior' combos outside the Putotyra.

kokowaks wrote:my point is the purple medals looks exactly the same as with the other medals save for the color... but when you look at the past riders almost all of them have some extra special items which is different from what their usual equipments...
Xtreme is different from the usual cyclone joker memories with being a single memory but having 2 memory slots
Well..
>>> Let's just say that the only thing that the Putotyra combo lacks as a final form of rider is a new different shape of its Final Henshin form device (in this case just a different color of core medals > Purple) which separates it from the previous form Henshin device (in this case, those other color of core medals > red, green, yellow, blue, grey). But, it still has the same function as a Final Henshin form device like K-Touch, Xtreme Gaiamemory, and so on. Kuuga, Agito, Gills, Ryuki, Knight, Chalice, Robo and Bio rider don't even have any to assume their respective Final Forms. So, don't sweat it.
Last edited by HyperDrake on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O

Post by atilim »

my point is the purple medals looks exactly the same as with the other medals save for the color... but when you look at the past riders almost all of them have some extra special items which is different from what their usual equipments...

don't take me wrong... i'm not against the purple combo being the ultimate form... as long as OOO's has one then its fine...
i kinda just felt like it was not presented as grand as the others when it was introduced when compared to the other series...
but then again then the other combos are still very powerful when compared to the normal forms of the other riders...

As the person above me also said, some riders that have a final form don't even have any extra toy.

Kuuga: he just waves his arm and hits a button or two to change forms
Agito: Hits a button

And Survive Card of Kamen Rider Ryuki. With Survive they just scan a new card and they get a new form and after that you don't see the card anymore and their isn't any extra device. So I don't see the difference between the purple medals except for them to use Survive card they first need to transform to their normal mode, OOO can skip that part.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

But you forgot that

Kuuga Ultimate =
Spoiler
have been explained from the middle episode that it's the "unstable" form that could turn him into evil which everyone can assume that it's the final form (plus it appears in the final episode only)
Does the name "Ultimate" ring a bell?

Agito Shining =
Spoiler
From the berserk form of Burning managed to be controled by turning into Shining (plus it's showy debut)

Ryuki Survive = Sure, a new card, but it also shows how powerful it is and how rare from others

Faiz Blaster = A new tool, though not frequently used

Blade King = urmm.... I didn't watch Blade yet but I know that it combine cards...

Hibiki Soukou = A new sword, another showy debut plus a movie showing the alternative way to obtain the sword and totally different from his mid-season way to upgrade

Kabuto Zecter = explained as "HYPER" and all powerful plus movie and the combination of all Zecter (well, MOST ZECTERS) for the weapon

Den-O Liner = A phone? A sword? I still don't agree Liner is the final form. Thank god Decade replaced it with Chou Climax. the Climax Form is more showy plus combination of all Good Imagin minus Deneb

Kiva Emperor = A "creature" released plus the showy name "Emperor"

Decade Complete = combination of all rider, a new tool, showy debut

W CJXtreme = isn't "Xtreme" name is enough? plus a mysterious screenshot of the bird before the yet, another showy debut and upgrade of the main form

OOO Putoterano = Wha? 5 medals coming from nowhere entering his body and suddenly appears again? Plus the difficulty of controlling it.

From previous riders, usually the final form debut after the rider having problem with the pre-final form. So at first I thought (hoped) that the final is more showy
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
HyperDrake
Gabu

Post by HyperDrake »

Xander Blaze wrote: Kuuga Ultimate =
Spoiler
have been explained from the middle episode that it's the "unstable" form that could turn him into evil which everyone can assume that it's the final form (plus it appears in the final episode only)
Does the name "Ultimate" ring a bell?
Well...
Spoiler
>>> You're not incorrect about the possibility of it turning Yusuke into evil as mentioned in the middle eps. But, at the 48th eps., Godai Yusuke is able to completely conquer the ultimate power and render it under his control. Yusuke's since been naturally evolving to the point of achieving his final form, the Ultimate Kuuga, without any toys whatsoever.

Xander Blaze wrote:Agito Shining =
Spoiler
From the berserk form of Burning managed to be controled by turning into Shining (plus it's showy debut)
Spoiler
>>> The same case as Yusuke's. Simply evolving without any need of new sophisticated toys.

Xander Blaze wrote:From previous riders, usually the final form debut after the rider having problem with the pre-final form. So at first I thought (hoped) that the final is more showy
>>> People who assume that every/all final form of Riders 'must' always have these two factors (below) for them to be considered/acknowledged/recognized as the true final form of riders are undoubtedly delusional and believed to have taken a false assumption.
Those two misleading factors are >>>

(1) New toys in order to Henshin into their respective final forms
(2) Showy performance debut (inspirational songs, etc)

I'm saying this coz there's a lot of precedent which have proven that not every/not all final form of Riders are associated with those two factors above. But, rest assured, coz there's a saying, "..being delusional and taking a false assumption are not a grave sin.."

Kuuga, Agito, Gills, Black RX definitely have a different concept of Final Form Rider as the one in the recent Heisei era Rider series.
Meanwhile, Ryuki's and Knight's survive cards and Chalice's category King of Heart card have employed the Final Form Rider concept which is adopted now by Putotyra Combo (without any new toys but with just another existing type of items e.g. cards, medals).

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”