Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

OOO 44 released

Post by takenoko »

So this episode kind of highlights some late game plot issues in OOO. Kazari did a great job at bringing Mezool and Gamel and stuff to their side, but these guys really haven't done anything in what feels like a long time. It's like they took a step back so that they could resolve the issue with Ankh's double.

Ankh's plan "Hey, there's a bunch of us, let's get OOO!" shouldn't be the surprising or brilliant. It should have been the first thing these guys should have thought of. I mean, why aren't they constantly attacking OOO to take back their Cores?

Plus there's the resolution with Kazari. The "Oh crap, he's finally got his full form. Now he's got brains and power" really loses its impact when he gets killed at the end of the same episode. It just makes you scratch your head and wonder why we're not fighting Kazari till the end of the series.

So wait, that means Maki is the main villain after all? That just doesn't seem as compelling as it could have been with Kazari. Just my opinion on the matter.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: OOO 44 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think Kazari didn't really did much lately because he wanted Ankh II to be fully powered up and didn't want to interfere with Maki's plans. I find Maki to be more interesting as the final villain since he's human compared to Kazari or even Ankh. Kazari's death scene reminded me of one of the Riders in Ryuki in terms how similar they died except Kazari deserved to die. Then again, he might be still alive within one of his Cores.

Next Episode Preview

Spoiler
So all the damage that Birth got reveals a new mode since it looks like there's red parts on Birth in the preview. Maybe that's what Proto-Birth in the episode title is referring to the new change in Birth.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

In a way, the second to last two-episode arc should have been dealing with a fully revived Kazari, and then the last two-episode arc should be dealing with Maki.

...But then again the resolution at the end of the episode kind of made sense. I mean Kazari was probably more powerful since he had other core medals in the mix along with his completed set of his own medals. Even the PutoTyra combo had trouble against him, which probably gave Kazari enough reason to stay and fight instead of just running away. With that situation, of them had to get wrecked, and if OOOs got wrecked Kazari would probably make sure that he couldn't come back to bite him in the ass.

....But now that I think of it, it's kind of funny. Kazari's first fight with OOOs was just Kazari kicking his ass, but underestimating him as Eiji took Kazari's core medals while here Kazari is kicking OOO's ass and ends up getting one of his core medals destroyed when he underestimated him.

....Not to mention the fact that he got all of his core medals stolen by another greeed, just like what happened when Meezol was alone with Kazari.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

I can live with the fact that the greed where having a small vacation so that Lost Ankh could do his thing (I hate the fact that they killed of Chibi Ankh without giving him any screentime, they could have some development)

Also I kind of feel sorry for kazari, he might have been evil and all those good things but the way he died was just sad. He fell slowly apart and when he died the only thing he left where a handful of cellmedals (not even enough for Date when he was Birth).

Ankh and Uva VS Kazari fight was really good as well, I'm sure Ankh could have handled him alone but that aside. Ankh doesn't seem to be the type that likes to fight close and personal (even if he is just a arm). He seems to me a bit more wait in the back and shoot some fire type.

Gamel as awesome as ever.....supporting both Ankh/Uva and kazari during their little playtime.

I think we have two candidates for the final boss for OOO. Gamel (yea him and not Ankh) that gets all of the cores and Maki who might try to destroy everything himself if he decideds non of the greeds are any good or if the greeds get killed.
Reason why I don't think Ankh will be the vessel for the medals is.
Ankh is more then willing to risk going beserk but lets not forget that Ankh is a main character. If he becomes a vessel he will probably loss control and in a state like that he wouldn't be able to settle things with Eiji. He would just try to kill Eiji which would be anti-climax. They need to have a fight that settles everything which would only be possible if Ankh doesn't go berserk.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

the only sad thing was Kazari died...
Spoiler
looks like mezool gets completed too :O
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by kikaida »

I think Kazari's death just emphasizes what Ankh was telling the other Greeeds when he returned: that Eiji is dangerous and can destroy core medals (actually kill them). Kazari kind of shook that off and went full on to attack Eiji and . . . lost.

I wouldn't be surprised if one Greeed after another isn't picked off by Eiji - but we're running out of episodes really fast to do it that way.
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

atilim wrote:I think we have two candidates for the final boss for OOO. Gamel (yea him and not Ankh) that gets all of the cores and Maki who might try to destroy everything himself if he decideds non of the greeds are any good or if the greeds get killed.
>>> I agree with Maki, but why the other final boss candidate is Gamel? Having an airhead as a candidate for the final boss for OOO kind of ruining the show, IMO.

About this eps. >>>
The Fight >> Kazari's finally achieved his complete form. But, the duration should have been longer, though. Why did Kazari have to snatch and absorb the other Greeed's cores?? Simply possessing a mere 9 yellow cores still not enough for him to achieve his complete form??
Where are the other Greeeds when Eiji-Gotou fighting Kazari?? They could have stick to Ankh's plan to outnumber OOO Putotyra combo and eventually snatching the purple cores, right?
But, Kazari really does great in this fight. Dominating over Putotyra combo like that deserves my props.

Maki's Greeed form >> Looks more intimidating and more final boss-like than the other Greeeds.

Anyway, no Satonaka in this eps., eh. Mezool (human form) is more than suffice, though.

Next Season Super Sentai Show pic >>>
Spoiler
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O

Post by atilim »

>>> I agree with Maki, but why the other final boss candidate is Gamel? Having an airhead as a candidate for the final boss for OOO kind of ruining the show, IMO.

About this eps. >>>
The Fight >> Kazari's finally achieved his complete form. But, the duration should have been longer, though. Why did Kazari have to snatch and absorb the other Greeed's cores?? Simply possessing a mere 9 yellow cores still not enough for him to achieve his complete form??
Where are the other Greeeds when Eiji-Gotou fighting Kazari?? They could have stick to Ankh's plan to outnumber OOO Putotyra combo and eventually snatching the purple cores, right?
But, Kazari really does great in this fight. Dominating over Putotyra combo like that deserves my props.

Maki's Greeed form >> Looks more intimidating and more final boss-like than the other Greeeds.

Anyway, no Satonaka in this eps., eh. Mezool (human form) is more than suffice, though.

Well reason why i think that Gamel would be perfect for the job is because he wants to protect Mezool which he will probably fail because the bad guys always loses. And he would be the unexpected person which would be nice. He plaid such a simpel roll till now.

So when picking out a greed to go berserk Gamel would be perfect because he would want to destroy OOO and Ankh probably too already.

And the reason why they didn't go after OOO after Kazari's little stunt is because Kazari attacked them. Kazari could easily handle OOO and the other Greeds with his deadlock attack (only reason why he lost is because he wasn't even trying to fight).
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

atilim wrote:Well reason why i think that Gamel would be perfect for the job is because he wants to protect Mezool which he will probably fail because the bad guys always loses. And he would be the unexpected person which would be nice. He plaid such a simpel roll till now.

So when picking out a greed to go berserk Gamel would be perfect because he would want to destroy OOO and Ankh probably too already.

And the reason why they didn't go after OOO after Kazari's little stunt is because Kazari attacked them. Kazari could easily handle OOO and the other Greeds with his deadlock attack (only reason why he lost is because he wasn't even trying to fight).
Well..
>>>
- Gamel, being the final boss of OOO series out of love for Mezool, eh.

- The reason why Kazari lost is because he was distracted by Gotou, IMO. If Gotou didn't interfere and disrupt Kazari's concentration, Kazari would've been able to avoid Putotyra combo' Tricera stinger, I believe. The Tricera stinger of Putotrya combo is useful to immobilize the enemies, from the way Kazari is affected.
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

takenoko wrote:So this episode kind of highlights some late game plot issues in OOO. Kazari did a great job at bringing Mezool and Gamel and stuff to their side, but these guys really haven't done anything in what feels like a long time. It's like they took a step back so that they could resolve the issue with Ankh's double.

Ankh's plan "Hey, there's a bunch of us, let's get OOO!" shouldn't be the surprising or brilliant. It should have been the first thing these guys should have thought of. I mean, why aren't they constantly attacking OOO to take back their Cores?

Plus there's the resolution with Kazari. The "Oh crap, he's finally got his full form. Now he's got brains and power" really loses its impact when he gets killed at the end of the same episode. It just makes you scratch your head and wonder why we're not fighting Kazari till the end of the series.

So wait, that means Maki is the main villain after all? That just doesn't seem as compelling as it could have been with Kazari. Just my opinion on the matter.
I'll admit, yeah the Greeed never really did anything spectacular late-series. Mainly it's been getting all the medals into one vessel or some weird thing like that. Kazari bringing Gamel and Mezool to her side, that was pretty genius.

As for Kazari becoming complete after so long, FINALLY we can see what a complete Greeed can do (so to speak). But right when I think the fight between him and Eiji gets awesome, PuToTyra goes in and mortally damages his Core Medal (which contains his consciousness). At that point I go, "What...the...hell?" Kazari looked like he didn't fight full force at all to me, and RIGHT when he's complete and able to actually kick butt, he goes all "Yeah now that I have my Medals, let's take everyone's other Medals to add to my fully regained power" or something along those lines. His desire for more power in order to take everything is what led him to his downfall in my personal opinion.

Problem is with power: No matter how strong you get, someone stronger WILL come to take you down. It's only a matter of time. (and too much power and desire will also lead to your own demise).

So at this point, we see PuToTyra taking down another Greeed. As for Maki, looks like he'll be the main enemy after all. Unless they do something blade-esque and make Ankh the real enemy once Maki's out of the picture. Again, who knows for sure. But I do hope things will get better later on, or I will not take this lying down.
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

The episode was alright. It gave more info about what the medals were created for and why Eiji is OOO. Although it still remains a bit cryptic about what went on in the past.

Trying to find Eiji's desire was really weird. Eiji has talked about his dream before and the reasons why he traveled in the first place. Why aren't they trying to hook on that, to awaken his desire.

Lol at Hina. She can throw the medals with perfection like Ankh did in the past. Also she has this huge strenght, which she can use to punch other Greeed away. She should be in charge of the medal book.

Kazari died way to fast. He finally is completed and ten minutes later he dies. A bit of a let down.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

Oh, come on, a lot of people were screaming for Kazari to get pawned first when he nearly completes back then(1 ep before debut of Tajador, if I recall). So, why there are sad bunch when he got killed off this time? Make up your mind, men.

Plus, this should be a great memorandum for Ankh.=" This is what happened when you don't follow my plan, or to trust me. Look what happened to Kazari" 8)

And all Greeed will obey Ankh to their heart in fear of being destroyed. :shock:

Now I wish for Ankh and Dr. Maki to be the final boss. Or maybe the Cakeboss himself. He wants to destroy the purple Medal right? A motive to be the container maybe?

Spoiler
So, Mezool is gonna fully revive next episode? Don't tell me she's gonna get the axe next. :(
Niek
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Niek »

I don't mind that Kazari is the first one to die (actually the second but who's counting). But we all have been waiting to see what a completed Greeed is. And seeing this episode it means that a completed Greeed means a destroyed Greeed. No grand display of power, no terrorizing humans, no making a situation dire with cliffhanger endings, no strategizing of the heroes in order to defeat him. Nope, completed then poof up in smoke (or cell medals).
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

This episode was alright. The fight was lame. Too fast. We finally see a full greed, in the show. Total waste. This episode had one huge confusing thing. Eiji has no desire? So what the hell was the huge earth image then? Eiji's desire is the world. If he had no desire. Then the cell medal should of just not worked in that episode.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

The giant earth thing was apparently his dream, not his desire.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”