Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Greeed belts?

Post by Philip Aldraine »

In Kamen Rider OOO, we see that there are belts on the Greeed but they aren't complete.
But when they are complete, a yellow orb fills the spot.

What I don't understand is how both Eiji and Maki can be complete? Both of them have 5 medals, so how can that be? I thought you have to have 9 medals in order to be complete. Maybe I'm missing something here.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Greeed belts?

Post by Catastrophe »

What do you mean Eiji? Eiji hasn't become a Greeed.

And perhaps its different for humans that turn into Greeed vs actual Greeed.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

really? I never noticed that before I'm going to look back at the episodes and check it.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight

Sorry not Eiji, but Maki. I was just wondering is all because I've noticed the belts, but I never understood why Maki's belt was complete even though he had like 5 medals.

Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Look at the first appearance of the two Pterodactyl Yummy. They were devouring humans whole.

Once a Greeed has 9/10 Cores, they can devour humans whole to experience the desire they want. However, the 5 purple Cores can already produce Yummy that devour humans and the Greeed should desire nothing (or in Maki's case, nothingness.) So the purple Greeed could fulfill itself with only 5 Cores. If Eiji's Greeed form has a complete belt, then this theory is solid.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight

Okay. That makes a lot of sense now. Thanks!

atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Therm_Kitty wrote:Look at the first appearance of the two Pterodactyl Yummy. They were devouring humans whole.

Once a Greeed has 9/10 Cores, they can devour humans whole to experience the desire they want. However, the 5 purple Cores can already produce Yummy that devour humans and the Greeed should desire nothing (or in Maki's case, nothingness.) So the purple Greeed could fulfill itself with only 5 Cores. If Eiji's Greeed form has a complete belt, then this theory is solid.
Sorry but your theory isn't really solid...
Greeds have no specific interest in devouring humans, they could do it but getting back all of their cores and start going on a rampage isn't what their desire is.

All greeds even Ankh have just a single goal in their mind. Being complet and thus have their full power Ankh in special in that he wants more then just being complet. Ankh and Kazari wanted more power and to be strong as possible what they would do after they got that power is whatever they want.

Mezool wanted to have specific human feelings, she could care less about eating humans or destroying the world.

Reason why Maki's greed form has a complet look is either just to make the costume easier so not to have allot of pieces OR..
Using a human body as a basis means means that he can got a complet form easier. Ankh is trying to use a human body as well for it's basis and (preview)
Spoiler
succeed in at least having a full greed body next eps as seen in preview

I think people look to much into what the greeds said about going on a rampage and devouring humans. Mezools desire contradicts what you said because she never devours humans. She captured them, and the human emotions that came to play at that time is what her desire was.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

But Mezool proves it. She did devour those humans, just in her own way. She captured them within herself quickly and used them for sustenance, which is actually the textbook definition of devouring. It's just that she consumes their love rather than their flesh and does it through eggs rather than directly. Either way, the humans die once she's done digesting them.

Each Greeed just wants to fulfill their desire. When they are incomplete, they can't do it because they don't feel. Once they can feel, they seek to feel as much of what they want as possible. However, you don't need to feel anything if your desire is a lack of everything. Feeling less increases that sense of nothingness, which is actually beneficial. Maki is fulfilling his desire with only 5 Medals, so his belt is complete. Likewise, since nothingness isn't Eiji's desire (he merely has an empty well of desire), his change is being surpressed. I predict that he won't become a complete Greeed unless he embraces nothingness (unlikely) or he goes berserk (and thus uncontrollably wants to destroy).
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

I think I agree with the having a human body as a base can result in the full form of the greeed without all its medals. Examples in series in "spoiler"
Spoiler
Every greeed that has a complete body but not all their medals are Eiji, Maki, and then Ankh with the use of Shingo's body, thus proving the theory that the human body can help aid in the completion of the body. Reason for why Ankh was only an arm in the beginning of the series: He never put medals INTO the human but only in his own arm.
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, Ankh just been covering Shingo's body with his arm. That's how become transformed into Greed and the last time. And don't forget about the consciousness being stored in certain core. That's why Ankh can't generate a body because the medal with Lost Ankh's consciousness which formed the body was destroyed.
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight

Yeah. That makes a lot of sense now. I never thought of it that way.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”