Leonite Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zero One
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Trying to be a Kamen fan...

Post by Leonite Rider »

I myself got drawn in by seeing clips of Den-O and Decade, as well as the Den-O/Decade movies, but rather interstingly the series I first watched was W, which was coming out at the time, Alongside Kiva and Ryuki when I wanted to be diverse. Still haven't downloaded the Den-O Eps, but Youtube helped there before I watched the movies. Although technicly I can say I watched Kiva, Dragon Knight, then Ryuki because I wanted to compare the styles.
Avid fan of mixing Riders and Rangers into other things
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

I got into Kamen Rider/Super Sentai last year actually. When I went to college, I became friends with these people who were like Kamen Rider/Super Sentai fans. I asked them what those were and they told me about it and then showed me clips. My first Kamen Rider series was Kabuto and I fell in love with it. Then I went from that to Ryuki, Faiz, and so forth. Now I am working on both Blade, OOO, and Gokaiger. :3

But yeah, W is a must see. It has a good plot line, hilarious actors, and the scenery is beautiful. Plus Kamen Rider W is very witty.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I suppose it just depends on what you're into. I think the first one I watched was Ryuki, and at the time I thought it was OK, but not fantastic. Then I watched Faiz, and then Kabuto, which (IMO) were better then the previous series I watched.

The issue is, if you're not into it, you're not into it. I like most KR series (even if they appear average) and will watch them weekly, but I'm not to big on Sentai, and sometimes get burnt out with a series. I had Shinkenger 30-40 unwatched and am in a slump with Gokai at the moment.

Its just a personal thing.
KillerGazebo
Gao
Quote: Now...count up your sins!

Post by KillerGazebo »

I actually feel the same way about Gokaiger, I just don't find it as interesting as OOO and that has been pretty standard across all sentai vs kamen rider. I've watched a lot more Kamen Rider and love it. I started with Kiva last summer and Kiva still ranks as one of my favorite Kamen Rider series next to Blade and W now. Like Catastrophe said its a personal thing and that's what makes these shows great. We like them for different reasons and they're all pretty different.
Completed: Faiz, Blade, Hibki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
Watching: Fourze, Gobusters, Akibaranger
TheZen
Adventure
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Natsumi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
My boom: DragonRanger

Post by TheZen »

I demolished W (yes, that includes the A-Z and Accel movies) and I'm already 5 episodes in on Kabuto. Tendou is the shiz. I'm pretty much dedicated to watching all of them now, and I saw a clip of the Decade W movie and Decade seems to be the most badass Kamen Rider ever. I hope that's true, cause I plan on tackling it after getting through 555 and Kiva.

So question: I saw in some clip that there were 9 Riders from 9 different worlds. I think I saw what I now know is Kabuto. So all of the other 9 Riders are involved in Decade? How much should I learn about the other series before Decade makes sense?
No nuts, no donuts.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Decade has alternate universe stuff going on. The only series that directly wasn't altered was Den-O.

If you watch the other series, you'll understand the powers and abilities and stuff, but nothing plotwise is needed.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i suggest watching the first five heisei series if you really want to distinguish the feel of KR from sentai...
KillerGazebo
Gao
Quote: Now...count up your sins!

Post by KillerGazebo »

Id say the first 6 actually, Hibiki is a good series for showing something that is capable of breaking the mold, it also makes you appreciate the more straight-forward Kamen Rider series if you end up not liking Hibiki.
Completed: Faiz, Blade, Hibki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
Watching: Fourze, Gobusters, Akibaranger
ShadowX7
NagoSan
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

I think Faiz is a good entry point if you're interested in Kamen Rider. (the story is easy to follow and is quite interesting)

If not, then start with Kabuto, it has a good balance of serious plot and humor, at least it is in my opinion.
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

you seriously want people to start on the drama that is faiz? faiz as a first KR series to watch is bad. hell, even ryuki would be better as a first than faiz. no offense.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

I was in the same position as you actually, a sentai and garo fan, and tried to get into kamen rider but never could. I got bored of it. For me, W was the first series I really enjoyed, and I REALLY enjoyed it, more than sentai. W and OOO have been fantastic series, the characters are much more interesting and the story deeper and more involved. So I'd definitely recommend them, but as Fourze is starting very soon maybe give that a go first, then you can watch it at the same time as everyone else.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

xshinox wrote:you seriously want people to start on the drama that is faiz? faiz as a first KR series to watch is bad. hell, even ryuki would be better as a first than faiz. no offense.
None taken, it's just that when I recommended a KR show to my friend who never watched one before, he liked Faiz more than the other series.
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
xshinox
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Boukengers
Dreamy: Ayumi Kinoshita
Quote: Now, count up your sins!

Post by xshinox »

well, you can always suggest one of the other rider series before faiz and den-o. you don't want them thinking KR is all about drama or being too comical
skylarcie
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double/W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takuya Kimura
Favorite Band: Girls' Generation
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: K-Pop
Quote: Ore sanjou!

Post by skylarcie »

Personally, i was kind of a kamen rider fan when i was a toddler(say abt 4-6?) bcuz i rmb watching showa kamen riders fighting Shadow Moon on the TV(yeah old school).

My passion for kamen rider was kinda buried after that due to change of environment n the rise of animes... n they only showed eng-dubbed ver. of kamen rider (Faiz & Ryuki) here in singapore which i dislike personally(i'm referring to eng-dubbing, not the mentioned series) so i didnt bother to watch... then my long-lost-contact friend juz randomly shared with me two years ago the All Riders vs. Daishocker movie that was posted on youtube telling me its cool... indeed it was as I saw Shadow Moon n then a green black kamen rider(W) owning his ass... then he intro W to me... then i stumbled across tv-nihon as i searched for kamen rider w HD with eng subs. From there, I began my Kamen Rider journey from W to Decade to OOO to Den-O(yet to finish) to Kiva. W was a nice series bcuz of the detective theme n the never ever happened in past history 2-in-1 kamen rider concept plus i really like his bike xD. watched Decade due to interest from All Riders vs Daishocker, interesting crash-the-party(/world) theme n i like how the belt goes, "Final Attack Ride, De-De-Decade!" same goes for DiEnd's belt, though i dun really like how DiEnd keeps hopping sides without any specific reason(but i do like his sneaky entrance/exit). OOO didnt excite me at first since the medal concept dun really turn me on until the set medal combo came out did i put more interest in it n Birth interests me due to the breast cannon reminding me of Guyver. Den-O was fun bcuz of time-travelling in DenLiner n the comical reliefs brought by our amusing Imajins, but i've yet to finish it as i'm waiting for the HD (batch) to release since im quite picky on the quality xP. Finally Kiva, drawn to it after witnessing the wake up fever leaving a big cool batman-like symbol impact after his kick (no i'm not a batman fan juz saying the symbols look abit alike). the only prob is if u r confused easily then be prepared if u wanna watch kiva bcuz of the constant switch between 2 eras/2decades+2years but its usually relevant switches so shuldnt b a big problem.

Out of those 5 series i like kiva the best bcuz of the story, it left me sad n depressed after watching the ending. even now looking back at the episodes makes me feel emotional. i personally prefer Kiva > W > Den-O > Decade > OOO (sorry medals juz seem troublesome), but for recommendation on which to start first imo would b W > OOO > Den-O > Kiva > Decade. Of cuz other series r good too even though i nvr really watched them but thats bcuz i'm lazy n i prefer slightly modern-styled riders n i prefer HD. Fourze's space theme seems interesting too(Yuuki's cute!) but i really dislike the main protagonist's hairstyle, sry i juz really find it ugly imo but i like his guts. all that said, u got to hav the patience n determination to sit down n watch thru the series(wadeva series u r watching) if not u would end up like me previously putting Kiva on hiatus for 2 months after being irritated by the switching at the start. Hope u find a kamen rider series u like soon!

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”