Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR OOO 48 released The End

Post by takenoko »

Huh, that CGI quake walk from Eiji sure looked cheap.

Like the way some of the shots are done in this episode. Like Eiji and Ankh with their backs to each other or Kougami through the wine glass.

Did Uva turn into a garbage Yummy just before turning into a neat CGI sky thing?

It must be the last episode of a Kamen Rider series. There's a bunch of monsters

I can see what they were going for with the still shots at 12 minutes in, but I honestly thought there was something wrong with my video. I would have preferred a slow down shot to no motion at all.

Pretty satisfying last battle. Seeing the heroes give it their all and Eiji and Ankh truly as one versus Maki.

Interesting Easter egg in the ending credits.

Hmmm, Kougami remains a mystery all the way to the very end. I guess he just wanted what was best for the world.

Wait what? I thought Date was in Africa. Now he's back in Cous Coussier and Eiji is far away? Kind of sad to see that Ankh dies at the end, but there probably was no way for him to survive as a human.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR OOO 48 released The End

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really the end of OOO. I'm glad and sad at the same time that Ankh is dead. Glad that they didn't cheapen his death like some series (you know what series I'm talking about) but sad that Ankh is gone. But he did get to fulfill his desire and felt alive by being able to die through people who view him as a friend. I really like the part when Hina stood in between Eiji and Ankh holding their hands. It really was a touching scene. The final battle was really good with Eiji and Ankh fighting side by side at the very end.

One second Uva was about to beaten by TaToBa OOO and explodes, the next reverse explosion and he's alive. I found that hilarious until the irony that he transforms into the Medal container in a junkyard. I guess if you make trash, then you become trash in the end.

I really hate those shots where you think there's something wrong with the video but they have done it before (Ryuki).

I don't really mind that I don't know Kougami's goals were. As for Date reappearing in Japan again, I assume there was some time between his time in Africa as a doctor. Also I would bet Eiji had no money to get a quick ticket back to Japan for the reunion.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

As endings go, it wasn't bad. I wasn't wowed, but I wasn't totally disappointed either. I am sad Ankh didn't come back, but as Phoenix said, it probably would have cheapened his death. (Eiji, get some damn superglue and see if that works)

My one major problem is the Eiji falling from the sky scene, where, as someone on the channel pointed out, the air pressure would definitely have killed him before hitting the ground, and even disregarding that, he was going at terminal velocity for a while there, you can't really just pull someone out of that the way Gotou did because gravity would like to have a word with you and it looks pissed.

Also the random TaToBa was kinda pointless, only put in so kids could see the normal OOO once more. At least we got to hear kickass Time Judged All once more.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Lunagel wrote:My one major problem is the Eiji falling from the sky scene, where, as someone on the channel pointed out, the air pressure would definitely have killed him before hitting the ground, and even disregarding that, he was going at terminal velocity for a while there, you can't really just pull someone out of that the way Gotou did because gravity would like to have a word with you and it looks pissed.

Also the random TaToBa was kinda pointless, only put in so kids could see the normal OOO once more. At least we got to hear kickass Time Judged All once more.
Suspension of disbelief and the falling from the sky scene would all work out. XD

I don't get the 'king's' TaToBa. It's like, "WTF? One-time use only?". Speaking of tenth cores, where's Gamel and Mezool's tenth core? And they didn't even to slightly recolour the TaToBa or anything. (Remember the purple eyed one?) At least it was cool to see the wing effect when Eiji did the rider kick. It was weird to hear Ankh being the voice of the OOO Driver when Eiji transformed into Tajadol. Weird, but kinda cool at the same time.

So all the Medals gathered in one makes that Greeed a UFO that turns stuff into Medals? Right... somehow that wasn't very satisfying. But having a huge ass CGI monster with all the Greeeds' powers wouldn't be satisfying either. I guess the writers had to attempt something interesting instead of expected?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno Luna. I think it's fine to just ignore those points for the sake of "this makes for an awesome scene". I really liked the Tatoba transformation, with Kougami explaining why it's important (at last) and getting to see Eiji use it one last time. Plus, when he tells the Birthers to get back, you get the sense that its really powerful.

And the falling scene was just really awesome in how it fits in with the characters. I just really liked how it turned out. Weird, I didn't explain why I liked this in my original post? Well, it's just really fitting to see how Eiji lets go of Ankh's hand and reaches out to the friends that he's built up over the series. And I liked seeing Gotou swoop down like an angel to catch him as his friends help lower him down. It was just a really nice scene in a lot of ways.

Since the series is over, let's count the Medals one more time for old time's sake. How many Medals can OOO use?
Spoiler
O-oh. That kind of sucks. Guess OOO won't be appearing in any crossovers with Fourze.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I just realised Satonaka has her hair curled the way the Fourze guy has it curled during her red hot suit battle. LOL.
NeoStorm

Post by NeoStorm »

Phoenix512 wrote:I really the end of OOO. I'm glad and sad at the same time that Ankh is dead. Glad that they didn't cheapen his death like some series (you know what series I'm talking about) but sad that Ankh is gone. But he did get to fulfill his desire and felt alive by being able to die through people who view him as a friend. I really like the part when Hina stood in between Eiji and Ankh holding their hands. It really was a touching scene. The final battle was really good with Eiji and Ankh fighting side by side at the very end.

One second Uva was about to beaten by TaToBa OOO and explodes, the next reverse explosion and he's alive. I found that hilarious until the irony that he transforms into the Medal container in a junkyard. I guess if you make trash, then you become trash in the end.

I really hate those shots where you think there's something wrong with the video but they have done it before (Ryuki).

I don't really mind that I don't know Kougami's goals were. As for Date reappearing in Japan again, I assume there was some time between his time in Africa as a doctor. Also I would bet Eiji had no money to get a quick ticket back to Japan for the reunion.
I have no other words to say since Phoenix is such a logical thinker, as well as a CRAZY MIND READER! Again, awesome cameos and easter eggs. Great series and looking forward to Fourze! Plus I dunno about OOO...crazy stuff has happened before.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Dammit. Why did those two with the astro switches have to rock by in the credits. Now we'll have countless "Fourze and OOO in the same city threads"

Was Ankhs arm at the end his 'ghost'? Does it imply he was alive and thus obtained an afterlife? Or just symbolism?

And does this imply that the opening credits occur after the series (with Eiji going through the desert alone)?

I thought that King TaToBa thing was pretty crap. It was just an excuse to get TaToBa in the episode if anything. I loved Cake Boss calling Maki out before that, and his medal throw was epic. Not to mention baking when his windows exploded.

On a side note something is pissing me off. There was a guy in the episode 47 thread that managed to conviently predict everything that happened in this episode (in regards to TaJaDor and the like). His post was after last sunday. Grrrr.

I think that this ending salvaged the series for me. I wasn't really feeling it like I was with W. It makes me wonder though, what would have happened if the Tsunami didn't pre-empt SHT for that week? Would have we had a 49th episode ala W were everything was wrapped up? Not that I think it needed it.

Also, I curious to see how they fix this no medals thing for any Fourze crossover if it happens. That is, unless there is a whole seperate continuity for OOO just for movies.

Now, to space.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

weird ending, considering that Toei is already planning for Movie Wars OOOXFourze. They better give a good explanation considering all the medals are destroyed, time travel maybe? or take W's path and show the past.

As for the ending, not my favorite one but pretty satisfying. Kind off disappointed with TaToBa King though, I was expecting like "wow! so TaToBa is the base AND final form???" and then "........."

By the way, the Anything Goes slow form is nice, and it's Maki Ohguro's final song before retiring...
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
crunchman61
Go Go!

Post by crunchman61 »

All i have to say about this episode that it was a pretty good closer for the series. They left a few things open like Hina's super strength and why does Chiyoko look like Maki's dead sister. But i do like the touch they added by stuffing Eiji with 7 purple medals and then using them with the Tajaspinner as the final attack. Plus we now know that Tajador is the strongest form of OOO now
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

so the tatoba combo that the former OOOs used back 800 years ago were from the 10th medal set? That was very interesting to know. Still sad to see OOOs go though I'm still not looking forward for Fourze though it just doesn't fit.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

takenoko wrote:
Since the series is over, let's count the Medals one more time for old time's sake. How many Medals can OOO use?
Spoiler
[ Image ]
O-oh. That kind of sucks. Guess OOO won't be appearing in any crossovers with Fourze.
actually i heard that the movie wars thing is going to be a kamen rider tradition from now on o_o
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

crunchman61 wrote:All i have to say about this episode that it was a pretty good closer for the series. They left a few things open like Hina's super strength and why does Chiyoko look like Maki's dead sister. But i do like the touch they added by stuffing Eiji with 7 purple medals and then using them with the Tajaspinner as the final attack. Plus we now know that Tajador is the strongest form of OOO now

So much for people saying that PuToTyra was the final form~
ImageImage
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

I'm still downloading, but I'll watch as soon as I can. Sad to see this series end, since it's tied as one of my three favorite Rider series, the other two being Ryuki and Double/W (at two out of three, clearly Yasuko Kobayashi has done something right for me, and I'll likely forever be a fan of her work).

To celebrate, the final bit of fan art I'll likely be able to post until the Movie gets subbed in maybe 5 or 6 months?
Spoiler

My hardest task this coming week, it seems, won't be anything I have to do at work or anything, but instead cleansing my palette of so wonderful a series so I can go into Fourze fresh, and not just judge it for not being OOO, like how some people reacted negatively to Goseiger at first for not being the awesome Shinkenger (again, clearly Kobayashi-sensei is doing something very right).
neonkenji21
Infinity
Favorite series: DekaRanger
2nd Favorite Series: MagiRanger
Dreamy: Mele....
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DekaRanger Cosplay!!

Post by neonkenji21 »

The only question that was really not answered was Hina's super strength, other than that, it was a good ending for me.

I did enjoy the final fight, when they reverted back to the Tajador as the strongest Combo, since the Medals used there came from the original Greeeds, not like that Putotyrano combo...

Funny how the doll ended up dressed like Doctor Maki... :D

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”