DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Re: KR OOO 48 released The End

Post by DereklBarona »

Poor Uva. You held on to the very end, only to go out like a chump. Kinda makes how awesome he was for hanging on with just his one core medal for awhile seem cheapened, when it amounts to this.

A few days ago, I talked a little about my thoughts on how the forms worked up in the series and what I was hoping would be the final form of OOOs (And got a nice response for my opinion, putting it mildly), but now that we're here, I feel the need to talk about this a bit more.

In the strictest sense of just chronological order, yes, HyperDrake was right about Putotyra being the final form of OOOs. I won't argue this, since there's no point in it. It's how Kamen Rider has always worked up till now. However, the way OOOs works is almost an attempt at throwing precedent out and trying something new. It's not like Den-O, where we could see the instant results of one form fighting an enemy compared with another, and switch out almost whenever they felt like it. The entire point of Count Ze Medals, after all, was to show us what the plot was dictating we could or couldn't see him use in a fight. And let's not forget that the very last time we even saw Tajador was, in fact, the day the purple medals first entered Eiji's body. Chronologically, Putotyra was the last one, but comparing it against Tajador as a form was almost unfair as a result of that tradeoff.

My reasoning for Tajador being what I consider the "final" form of OOOs is actually pretty simple, though. It's the plot, and how it was worked out through it. Comparing it to Den-O (The series, not even going to bother with movies) again, Climax Form is awesome, and I love it, but I consider Liner Form the "final" form because it's a representation of Ryoutarou's growth as a character from where he started to where he became able to stand up and fight for himself with the support of his friends behind him. Back to OOOs, the entire concept of Putotyra was Eiji trying to be the hero and shoulder all of the burden of it by himself, no matter what the consequences may be. It was a little sappy to watch at times, but the entire time he had that form, everyone else was essentially given the task of trying to make him realize that he didn't have to do that, and that they were right there willing to fight alongside him, if he'd just let them. Tajador, as the form that used Ankh's cores, was basically the ultimate symbol of him not fighting by himself, and of his developed partnership with everyone else trying to stop Maki and the Greeeds. And not just Eiji, either. OOOs was always just as much Ankh's show as it was his, and by the finale, our favorite floating kaijin hand has done pretty much all the character developing he's going to, and even if he's still Ankh, you can't argue it's still worlds above where he started. He knew what would happen to him if he went with it and he did it anyway, because it was the right thing to do. Tajador might not be the "final" form of OOOs, but it had the greatest impact.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna get off the soapbox now, since I've gotten that out there. For all the ups and downs and everything that OOOs was, this ending blew all of my expectations out of the water, and honestly, I'm really glad I watched this show. So I'll leave off with a quote of what I thought was one of the best moments in the whole episode.

"The whole city's going to hell outside, the windows have shattered, the wind's all over the place and Kougami just starts singing louder.

LIKE A FUCKING CAKEBOSS."
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

OOOKaiser wrote:
takenoko wrote:
Since the series is over, let's count the Medals one more time for old time's sake. How many Medals can OOO use?
Spoiler
[ Image ]
O-oh. That kind of sucks. Guess OOO won't be appearing in any crossovers with Fourze.
actually i heard that the movie wars thing is going to be a kamen rider tradition from now on o_o
An equivalent of Super Sentai's Versus Series? See that coming.
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

This might be off-topic a bit, but is there anywhere I can browse through the viewer's rating of Kamen Rider series?
For instance, the rating of Kuuga until OOO, and rating of each episode? Preferably in English.

This came to mind when I watch this epic Finale of OOO. The ending is as good as Kabuto, Den-O and Kiva in my point of view.

Thumbs up for OOO.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

crunchman61 wrote:But i do like the touch they added by stuffing Eiji with 7 purple medals and then using them with the Tajaspinner as the final attack. Plus we now know that Tajador is the strongest form of OOO now
You're right!!! Tajador combo is the strongest form of OOO since it's the one that is used to finish Maki off. With your kind of reasoning, in case of Kamen Rider Den-O, the regular forms such as Sword, Rod, Ax, and Gun are considered as the strongest form of Den-O since it's the ones that are used to finish Death Imagin (Kai's final Imagin). Very smart indeed.
DereklBarona wrote:My reasoning for Tajador being what I consider the "final" form of OOOs is actually pretty simple, though. It's the plot, and how it was worked out through it.
>>> The plot. The plot requires Ankh and Eiji (as Tajador combo) to have the honor to fight the final battle against Maki. You are smarter than some people who thought that Tajador combo is the "final" form out of the simplistic reasons that is:

Its use as the last combo that finish Maki off
OR ...
Because of Ankh's role as one of the main characters and number one supporting character (and Greeed) that lead them to be under delusion that Tajador is the strongest combo/form in OOO series even before and after Putotyra combo is introduced in the very first place. These are undoubtedly a subjective thought of theirs.

Just as a reminder. Purple medal cores power so far have been able to destroy all Greeeds (min. Uva) >>>

1. Kozo Ankh by Putotyra axe in Putotyra combo.
2. Kazari by Putotyra axe in Putotyra combo.
3. Mezool by Putotyra axe in Latoratah combo.
4. Gamel by Maki's claw. W Births just did the final touches. These dudes wouldn't have had any hopes without Maki's claw. (In this case, I believe Putotyra combo is able to destroy Gamel too if they were being pitted against each other.)
5. Ankh by Maki's claw. The incident in the sky serves as the final touches. He was dying already. (In this case, I believe Putotyra combo is able to destroy Ankh too if Eiji wanted to.)
6. Maki by Taja Spinner Giga Scan which has been powered with Purple cores power. (In this case, I believe that if Taja Spinner Giga Scan was accessible to Putotyra combo, Eiji would have destroyed Maki with Putotyra combo). Ankh's fireballs did little damage to Maki, I believe. The purple cores power-induced Giga Scan matters more.

>>> Anyway, with most cores (Gamel's and Mezool's tenth cores whereabouts are still unknown though) destroyed, any future existence of OOO will be considered non-canon (Fourze/OOO Movie War Cores or OOO Return if there'll be any) unless the show' story time line happens before the final (48th) eps. of OOO series.
Last edited by HyperDrake on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nexus_Schwarz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Nexus_Schwarz »

When you take a seemingly unlikeable character like Ankh in the beginning who could've been like that the whole time versus when he gets developed enough that we feel terrible for him when he "dies" shows good writing right there, even more so that he wasn't whining that he was dying but was in fact satisfied that dying could happen to him metaphorically because he had friends who didn't treat him like the Medals that made his arm/body, an object.

And whatever argument can be said about OOOs' final form (which can we stop that now, btw? The series is over, can't we all just enjoy it regardless?), having Tajador as a "final" form in the sense that it showed the bond between Eiji and Ankh has strengthened to the point that even with the Purple Medals getting in their way (and supporting them at the same time through the Giga Scan), they can defeat any enemy in their path. It showed that not only Ankh cared about Eiji, but that he wasn't concerned about the fact that the using the Combo's immense power would lead to shattering his already weakened Taka Medal just so that he can protect Eiji and indirectly, his new found friends and the world at large.

...Though having the King's Medals shattered by the Purple Medals' influence over Eiji for seemingly no reason was a bit much.

Overall, this was a great ending to a good series and regardless of Fourze's suit I think it would be nice to have a light-hearted series after all of this dark stuff.
Nexus_Schwarz... Is taking a nap, do not disturb.

^Sig by Yahiko~
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

One thing that really strikes me is that I'm not going to miss Eiji. I'll miss Ankh, Date, Gotou and CakeBoss, but to me Eiji seemed really bland. It's not like other Toku series where I end up missing not seeing that hero. It was kind of like those characters were making up for the lack of pizzaz Eiji had.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Lol @ Tajador being the "final form" in a literal sense.

I'm almost surprised that Gotou didn't rip Eiji's arm when he caught him.

And Chiyoko appearing out of nowhere during Eiji's landing scene is really weird, who called her to come? (is she related to Professor Oak?)
Also, she looks really creepy on that scene (don't look at her eyes for too long).

Can't wait for Fourze next week, I guess.

Edit: Why can't I hear any audio on the CM video?
Last edited by ShadowX7 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Post by Actar »

crunchman61 wrote:They left a few things open like Hina's super strength and why does Chiyoko look like Maki's dead sister.
Honestly, I really don't think they need to explain everything. Hina has super strength because she does. Chiyoko looks like Maki's dead sister because she does. These special character traits are unique and do play their part in the series. In the case of Hina, her super strength helps the main characters out in times of trouble and as for Chiyoko, her Maki's-Sister-Look-Alikeness enabled us to see Maki's backstory. Simple as that. I think that explaining everything would be akin to making fun of the audience and assuming that we have absolutely zero imagination or ability to suspend our disbelief.

Regarding the 'final form' thing, I myself go by chronological order, as in by order of introduction. Nothing more, nothing less. There's a pretty obvious pattern to these things that are pretty much standard in all Kamen Rider series. First power-up in episode 16-20 (FangJoker, Tajador) and second power-up in episodes 30-35 (Xtreme, Putotyrano).

Lastly, I really want to commend the show on the way they portrayed Ankh as a hand. Seriously, just look at the final scene where the 'ghost' of Ankh is hovering around Eji. The little flicks and articulation of his wrist and fingers make the flying hand really seem very realistic and animal-like. Almost cute in a way.
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

ShadowX7 wrote:Edit: Why can't I hear any audio on the CM video?
Hmmm, appears the audio went walk abouts on the HD version, will get a new version uploading soon
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
KamenRiderTenshi
Adventure
Quote: My own Kamen Rider quote:

"The nature in this world is balance,
but it's unbalance when you exist in this world. HENSHIN!"

Post by KamenRiderTenshi »

The final battle was amazing. And it's very sad to see Ankh die, but at least his Core Medal didn't break into small pieces, which just a thought, they might Ankh back in a later future movie, sorry if I say too much.
HyperDrake
Gabu
Favorite series: BLADE
2nd Favorite Series: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Post by HyperDrake »

Anyway, got these pics somewhere. It's spoiler free, so don't worry. I placed it in spoiler tags coz it's a bit big in size.

1. OOO "true" Final form fan-made for those Putotyra combo hater out there (I hope they're satisfied) and
2. Ankh's alternative look pic

Spoiler
ImageImage
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... Anyone else feel bad for OOO's TaToBa Rider Kick? It gets what two maybe three uses, and at best think it got 1 kill... (mind you what I'm about to say is a joke), I think Hibiki's standard form had a better use to kill ratio.

Kogami, pay no mind to the world ending around you, to shards of glass trying to rip you apart. You keep on making that cake... Like a boss.

Damn it Ankh, you had to go out like a champ and make it that much harder to make some kinda joke about it didn't yea? Over all this last episode was good, I'm really satisfied with how it ended.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote:As endings go, it wasn't bad. I wasn't wowed, but I wasn't totally disappointed either.
That's probably the best way to put it. It wasn't great, and it wasn't bad, but it sure was short.

Overall I feel like OOO wasn't handled as well as it could have been. The story never did come together particularly well; I feel like Double had a much tighter story.

Oh and Takenoko & crew, thanks for another year of Kamen Rider. :)
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

So when Eiji looks at the broken taka medal and says "Itsuka...mo ichido." Am I the only one that assumed he was looking for a way to restore Anhk? Am I being too hopeful? Core medals were created once, Eiji's probably looking for where and how so he can star in more movies.
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
Solidarity
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Tendou <3
Favorite Band: Modestep
My boom: Me woman.

Post by Solidarity »

I feel very unfulfilled.... Really didn't want it to end...

Ankh ;_;

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”