Pronounced like the Os in the cheerios
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
OnmyojiOmn
Adventure

A couple questions about the belt and medals

Post by OnmyojiOmn »

I hope these questions don't seem too stupid. I'm sure they're at least a little stupid.

1. What is the ring thing that Eiji passes over the medals in order to transform? I mean, is it supposed to allude to something like a musical instrument, or is it just something they thought would look cool?

2. Are the medals themselves supposed to allude to something in Japanese culture? Why are they called medals if they just look like big coins, and aren't worn around the neck or anything like that? Is there a type of medal or award in Japanese or Asian culture that's just carried around, and not worn? Is this, again, just some cool engrish?

Thanks
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: A couple questions about the belt and medals

Post by Catastrophe »

What is this I don'e even.

It's Kamen Rider. It's not supposed to make sense. It's like Fourze and the switches and W with memories.

And it is the OOO scanner. It is the device that recognises the medals and gives their power a physical form for OOO to use.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't think they're stupid questions.

2. Are the medals themselves supposed to allude to something in Japanese culture? Why are they called medals if they just look like big coins, and aren't worn around the neck or anything like that? Is there a type of medal or award in Japanese or Asian culture that's just carried around, and not worn? Is this, again, just some cool engrish?

I'm guess it's just an English word that they know and think is cool. I mean, in ZyuRanger I believe the coins are called Medals. Just a wild guess, maybe it's a word they learned from the Olympics?
Lyra
Go Go!
Favorite series: OOO, Bouken, Go-bus
2nd Favorite Series: Gao, Geki, Gokai
Dreamy: Marvelous, Long
Favorite Actor?: Kamikawa Takaya
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Ikemen
Quote: ''Those who dream are human. Those who chase their dreams are Adventurers.''
- Akashi Satoru

Post by Lyra »

OnmyojiOmn wrote: 1. What is the ring thing that Eiji passes over the medals in order to transform? I mean, is it supposed to allude to something like a musical instrument, or is it just something they thought would look cool?

Thanks
I never really thought about what that 'ring thing' could be or represent but reading your question, I began to think and perhaps this is a way to explain what it could be.
Well, everything in OOO is about greed and desire right? something that really represents greed is buying things. Products that are bought are scanned at the cash desk (<< I'm sorry, I don't know if that's the proper english word)
The Medals represent greed and the ''ring thing'' scans those Medals/''products''

This was brought up in like, 10 seconds or something so there could be some holes in my theory but I hope it helped a bit in explaining ;)
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Lyra wrote:
OnmyojiOmn wrote: 1. What is the ring thing that Eiji passes over the medals in order to transform? I mean, is it supposed to allude to something like a musical instrument, or is it just something they thought would look cool?

Thanks
I never really thought about what that 'ring thing' could be or represent but reading your question, I began to think and perhaps this is a way to explain what it could be.
Well, everything in OOO is about greed and desire right? something that really represents greed is buying things. Products that are bought are scanned at the cash desk (<< I'm sorry, I don't know if that's the proper english word)
The Medals represent greed and the ''ring thing'' scans those Medals/''products''

This was brought up in like, 10 seconds or something so there could be some holes in my theory but I hope it helped a bit in explaining ;)
You're explanation sounds like it could be true, when you think about it. As you scan an item at a cash register (is this the word you were looking for?), it's name will pop up and when you're done with your purchases, you'll hear the sound of the drawer opening (hence the odd, ching sound from the scanner)

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”