Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

OOO/W Movie War Core DC

Post by takenoko »

So a lot of footage was added back in for this. A lot of it was Nobunaga, but there was a scene between Eiji and Ankh that seemed to explain stuff like why Eiji had the Medals and where Ankh went for most of the movie. Guess that takes some of the sting out of my original nitpicking.

The Skull extras didn't seem as good. I mean, one entire section was lifted directly from Begins Night. It's like, what really? And the other scene between Melissa and Soukichi and Shroud didn't really seem to add anything. I liked that Melissa was sang her song again acoustic, but the scene also kind of crammed in Skull's theme song again, which never seems to fit in this movie, they make it more like Shroud's theme song. And then there's the heavy handed explanation for why Soukichi has to kill Matsu. I think it's more fitting of Soukichi's hardboiled nature to let murderers like Bat and Matsu die for their sins. It's a good comparison to the difference between what Soukichi has to do by himself and Shoutarou and Philip's partnership, as well as the advancement in Rider technology.

Overall, if you didn't like the first movie, I guess you won't like this one either. But there's more stuff to see and it does make things slightly better in the DC.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: OOO/W Movie War Core DC

Post by Phoenix512 »

The OOO part was definitely improved but still doesn't resolve the issue of Gill and why the first Ptera Yummy was created in the first place. I didn't get the whole Begins Night scene as well but felt it was necessary to cut that out. I like the scene between Melissa and Soukichi and then later on with Soukichi and Shroud. Shroud can always have more screen time.
OnmyojiOmn
Adventure

Post by OnmyojiOmn »

>_>

<_<

Did they add any more Reon Kadena scenes?
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention the first time around, but didn't they play the W part first then go into OOOz?
If so, then this time was better, especially, with some of the scenes for OOOz. I think it was better off with the explanation of ankh's absence rather than just 'here he is,' moments they forced on him.

I agree that the extra moments from Begins Night was useless though. Really didn't have any standing. A scene that would have been a nice add in or one of the little endings scenes that they do would have been Shroud visiting Skull's grave and either saying something about Shotaro or leaving flowers.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Yes the original cut had the W part first which was something I felt was corrected in the DC. It would be odd to have a scene of Shroud visiting Skull's grave since she's dead as well when the movie occurred. I did also like the scene of Ankh and Eiji explaining things and cutting that out was just wrong.

I forgot to mention this as well but I like the scenes with Gotou being in the limo when Kougami gave the Birth belt to Oda. It makes Gotou being Birth later on in the movie a bit more meaningful.
CityHunter
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Dreamy: Maya (Fangire Queen)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Berserk (manga)

Post by CityHunter »

I'm all for crossovers between Superheroes, but I have yet to see any good Kamen Rider crossover (heisei era). They should just keep this thing to the Super Sentai series (hell that series does it better).
MaskedRideEclipse
Gabu
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hot? Errr, TaJaDoru?
Favorite Actor?: Yu Hasebe
Favorite Band: DREAM
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gi-Gi-Giga Scan
Quote: At the signature>>>

Post by MaskedRideEclipse »

takenoko wrote:And then there's the heavy handed explanation for why Soukichi has to kill Matsu.
My theory would be that, period maximum drive can kill people, as in eternal, when katsumi memory breaked Kazu and he died too.
-If all that I'd been said is a spoiler, then kindly delete them or put -snips-
'If you wishes to change the world, Then, you'll need to be stronger than the world itself, If you can, then, You're capables on changing the world.'
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

takenoko wrote:So a lot of footage was added back in for this. A lot of it was Nobunaga, but there was a scene between Eiji and Ankh that seemed to explain stuff like why Eiji had the Medals and where Ankh went for most of the movie. Guess that takes some of the sting out of my original nitpicking.
Not sure that it still made any sense though. Eiji was shown to already have the medal case even before that scene, during his first fight with Nobunaga's monster form. I guess Ankh could have been storing more separately but he's usually the one who keeps the case, so I'm not sure why Eiji would have suddenly produced it.

I did appreciate the added Nobunaga stuff though. As I believe I mentioned in the thread for the original release, I still found scene transitions a little random and abrupt - I wasn't expecting miracles but I had been hoping the Director's Cut would help to remedy that just a little bit, and I think it did.

By the way: probably a long shot, but would anybody happen to recognise the song the dancers audition to in the OOO part? If it was a "commercially released" song I figured the english lyrics would help me identify it, but searches have turned up nothing. Is it familiar to anyone?
KamenRiderTenshi
Adventure
Quote: My own Kamen Rider quote:

"The nature in this world is balance,
but it's unbalance when you exist in this world. HENSHIN!"

Post by KamenRiderTenshi »

I know that everyone knows, but I want to know, what is the time of this movie and tv episode? And did you guys notice, that Eiji has been fighting the Greeed for two years, if you think about it, in W's final episode Philip said that it took two years for him to reconstruct his body. When I watch the movie, I remember that and I was like WOW
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

KamenRiderTenshi wrote:I know that everyone knows, but I want to know, what is the time of this movie and tv episode? And did you guys notice, that Eiji has been fighting the Greeed for two years, if you think about it, in W's final episode Philip said that it took two years for him to reconstruct his body. When I watch the movie, I remember that and I was like WOW
In terms of W, it was at least after the series ended or close to the ending. In terms of OOO, it never happened. It's non-cannon, thus making it nothing more than either an omake or dousjini (think I spelled that wrong)
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

So in the scene where (I apologize if this was in the original cut also, but if it isn't, please read on)

Spoiler
Nobunaga gets amnesia after fighting OOO, I think around the 30:00 minute mark, where he's back at the company and they present to him the new Cell Phone with the 7-Chan upgrade

The music from the phone is I believe Kick Hopper's theme.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

That scene wasn't in the original cut by the way.
KamenRiderTenshi
Adventure
Quote: My own Kamen Rider quote:

"The nature in this world is balance,
but it's unbalance when you exist in this world. HENSHIN!"

Post by KamenRiderTenshi »

FangTrigger wrote:
KamenRiderTenshi wrote:I know that everyone knows, but I want to know, what is the time of this movie and tv episode? And did you guys notice, that Eiji has been fighting the Greeed for two years, if you think about it, in W's final episode Philip said that it took two years for him to reconstruct his body. When I watch the movie, I remember that and I was like WOW
In terms of W, it was at least after the series ended or close to the ending. In terms of OOO, it never happened. It's non-cannon, thus making it nothing more than either an omake or dousjini (think I spelled that wrong)
Thanks, I was like having a confusion the timeline in OOO, when the movie came out. Also I came to a thought how the TaJaDor Combo fit in the tv series from the movie and then I came to a conclusion. Which is Eiji lost Ankh two Core Medals after defeating Kamen Rider Core. But still though I'll go with your point.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”