Pronounced like the Os in the cheerios
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< W | OOO | Fourze >
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Re: Let's Go Kamen Rider released

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

This video was pretty hilarious. As long as you do the following the movie should be entertaining:

1st step: Throw logic against a brick wall until it breaks.
2nd step: Grab some movie munchies.
3rd step: Open a soda *my preference is Pepsi*
4th step: Open VLC Media Player and open the OOO File
5th step: Watch Movie
6th step: after movie, bash your head against the same brick wall because you forgot to break logic
7th step: enjoy the coma

All the same, it was funny seeing things like this. Having only seen Ryuki, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W and OOO all the way through, The other Riders weren't that much for me. I was sort of expecting Owner to show up at the end with an Astro Switch and say something like "The Next Generation is full of youth." or something along that pun.

Also, if we go by the Rider Fortune in the release part of the Movie, I get Kamen Rider Den-O Rod Form with this release. I am very glad it wasn't four posts ago I made this or else I would have been the biggest a--hole in Rider series I've watched. Biggest a--hole < Flirting turtle.
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

This movie was a pure nostalgic appeal. I loved seeing the old riders (Heisei series. Haven't watched any Showa ones). I just wish they had more screen time and some sort of dialogue rather than just grunts.
Too many plot holes and discrepancies but then that is to be expected when Den-o is one of the main characters in the movie.
Naota turning out to be Mitsuru's dad was creepy. But all in all it was a good thing since he undid the brainwashing of 1 and 2.
Secondary riders appearing on the cliff ..or their staues/cutouts/image appearing on the cliff to be exact... was really cool. This movie made me think of watching some of my fav Kamen rider series once again. sigh...

Thank you TVN for the fanatstic subs! <3
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Silent_X »

Do you really need to have seen the old shows to appreciate them showing up?
I've only seen about 20 episode of the original series and I still loved everyone from V3 to RX kicking ass.

Reading the Spirits manga might have also effected that, but old school badasses are still old school badasses.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
NeoSef
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: KR Ryuki
Dreamy: Yuzuki Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Hiroshi Fujioka
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Spaaaace!
Quote: 'Now we're living on the edge, more like living on a prayer!'

Post by NeoSef »

I enjoyed it for what it was; a huge nostalgia trip celebrating everything Kamen Rider. The movie had its fair share of problems and they could have done more with the other Riders, like maybe using their powers to fight past Kaijin? (Ryuki maybe summoning Dragredder, RX Bioriding it up or Kabuto using clock up) With all the problems that arose from the time travel plot, the movie was still entertaining.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Oh thank god, they left Sieg out of the movie entirely.

Isao Sasaki is the boss, man. Too bad his son has the facial lines of a 30 year old, what the hell happened to that kid?!

According to the grid on the newspost, I got this cool guy right here.
The T
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Candelira
Alignment: Neutral

Post by The T »

I've also been trying to reconcile the multiple timelines, and my only guess as to why the Riders exist is that... perhaps in the last timeline, the existence of Teddy fighting off the Shocker Greed for a little bit before perishing was enough to offset Shocker's plans, and while they do eventually rise again, it isn't until after all the other Rider shows occur. After they do occur, Shocker rises to power again and successfully wipes out all the Riders.

This still doesn't really work as a way to tie it all together, though, since it still kind of prevents OOO's continuity from existing, what with Hina not knowing Eiji in the final timeline.

Still, some more food for thought for the fanwankers. I know I'm being a total aspie but I just really think it'd be neat to be able to reconcile this with the continuity.
D_B
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Please delete this account.
2nd Favorite Series: Please delete this account.
Dreamy: Please delete this account.
Favorite Actor?: Please delete this account.
Favorite Band: Please delete this account.
My boom: Please delete this account.
Quote: Please delete this account.

Post by D_B »

I saw the whacked out continuity like a "rubber band". When Owner arrived and basically said, "This is how it works, because I said so", I took it to mean that everything was being "set to rights" bit by bit, like the reverse of how imagin destroyed things in Den-O. Things just started pulling back into order again, like a rubber band on the mend. Just like a rubber band stretched too far, it never returns to EXACTLY as it was before, but it gets pretty close.

The arrival of the Rider army was the beginning of things being set to their original condition, and by the end of the fight, I assume everything was nearly as it was at the beginning of the film, just a little later and with all involved having shiny memories of a horrible alternate timeline or three.

So, from my perspective, after the movie ended all would be ALMOST as we knew it before the film. Hina and Eiji were again friends, all the Riders were in their proper conditions (aside from Den-O, who somehow no longer needs a human body to henshin... maybe there is a new contract with the Denliner itself? Who knows what insanity that zany Owner has cooked up?!?!?) and the only real change was in the age a single child that was suddenly an adult father.
Twisted, strange and highly illogical... but no more so than anything else in Den-O/Decade's F'd up continuity.
Please delete this account.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

While the movie was win with all the Riders etc. My brain exploded from the really horrible time travel logic. None of it really makes sense. Unless all the timelines converged. Which could of been a possibility. Denliners destruction could of caused a break in Space/time. Making every KR timeline merge into one. Which would also explain how dead Riders are there.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I'm positive that the Owner is actually a Time Lord. No one knows more about Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff than him.

Seriously, I watched this movie with great joy. I never stopped to think about any of the obvious continuity errors, and eventually just started to assume that the whole movie doesn't even have a fourth wall... And watching it from that angle.. makes the movie so awesome.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

I enjoyed the movie. Despite the immense plot holes that gapeed as wide as my jaw when all the riders actually got their own jump in to battle, I enjoyed it. I got my bro hooked on kamen rider with OOOs, and we were both quite impressed with Rider Damashi, and I was even amused when Ahnk reached his hand into Momotaros to grab the medal. Our only complaint was that we would've liked to see him do more than just look epic and hit the Leader with a killer hissatsu, maybe actually do a bit of close quarters with some left-over kaijin that the leader happened to summon up out of nowhere.
deathzero
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by deathzero »

what ever happend to Ryoutarou again? y is momotaros transforming?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Let's face it, if it's not adult Ryotarou, no one cares. Everyone just wants to see the Imajin anyway.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Cause the Imagins were more popular than the humans in Den-O...
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

Aside from the way the whole time travel thing turned to nonsense at the end (we're supposed to believe riders one and two were pretending to be evil for 40 years?) there's another continuity hole you can drive a Denliner through: it just does not make sense that every single rider exists on the same world. Decade is probably the worst one in this regard, but there are others.

I didn't think the grand power thing in Gokaiger made any sense either for similar reasons: if you try to make all the series fit, something won't make sense. For instance, in Dekaranger the sentai uniforms and giant robots are just equipment and are not "powers" any more than a bicycle is.

And why was Momotaros an arm anyway?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Most of the old Riders did exist in the same world, if not all of them, up to the franchise petering out after BLACK RX. That may actually have been why the crowd stopped cheering the names after RX appeared, they had no idea who these random dudes were and it took a boxing announcer to say it.

Return to “Kamen Rider OOO”